• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible ledian evolution?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    With today's surge of new information, there's one bit that got my attention. In serebii they emphasized that ledyba can be found on route one which gave me new hope that maybe we're gonna get a ledian evolution. And better yet, new evolutions to some deserving old pokemon. What do you guys think?

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    On the playthrough, when I showed the Pokédex entry for Ledyba, it showed just one empty slot next to it, which means Ledyba has only one evolution. So it's highly unlikely that Ledian will get an evolution.

Years
    With today's surge of new information, there's one bit that got my attention. In serebii they emphasized that ledyba can be found on route one which gave me new hope that maybe we're gonna get a ledian evolution. And better yet, new evolutions to some deserving old pokemon. What do you guys think?

I'm going to confidently say no. In Ledybas Pokedex entry there was only 1 white pokeball shape which they said shows if there's an evolution or related Pokemon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am doubting this unless they pull a Sinnoh.

We didn't know about a ton of the evolutions in Sinnoh until after we got the National Dex. And it is a bit to soon to call evolution for pokemon found on Route 1.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Just showing a screenshot of what I was explaining:

During the treehouse live, they said that each white Pokeball is for the evolutions / pre-evo of the said Pokémon, or for Pokemons they are paired with (Zangoose/Seviper for example)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Just showing a screenshot of what I was explaining:

During the treehouse live, they said that each white Pokeball is for the evolutions / pre-evo of the said Pokémon, or for Pokemons they are paired with (Zangoose/Seviper for example)

I don't think they meant it that way. They said they wanted to encourage them to catch them all. Having one white pokeball I don't think means evolutions, but is what is next to them.

I didn't take the way you did.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    They said "We wanted to encourage players to catch all the Pokemons and fill up the Pokedex and one way we did that is with the white Pokeball you can see next to the registered Pokemon. That is an empty space that means this Pokemon either has an evolution or a Pokemon it's been paired with."

I actually watched the video again to quote what they said word for word ahah
    But it actually seemed quite logical to me, because when they shown the Pokedex entries for the starters, they all had 2 empty slots

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Ok. I didn't know where to rewatch and that is also what Serebii has said. I did not catch the last sentence. My video froze a few times for me, so it may have skipped that.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Because it will most likely have two evolutions. Rowlet, Pupplio, and Litten also had 2 Pokeballs next to them, one per evolution.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    Pretty sure there isn't going to be a Ledian Evolution.... I think they were trying to aim for a more tropical feel to the game because it is based in Hawaii and it gives it an unique aspect and more variation than just having the normal type rats and birds, + all the Pokémon we have, I'm pretty sure they would want to showcase them and not only have them only appear once in a game

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    I don't think they meant it that way. They said they wanted to encourage them to catch them all. Having one white pokeball I don't think means evolutions, but is what is next to them.

I didn't take the way you did.

I thought so too. Well there goes my theory. Anyway, I'm still keeping my hopes up for new evolutions to old pokemon. It's one of the things that I look forward to at new generations. That's why I really liked Sinnoh. Go electivire!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    They obviously wanted to hide Yungoos dex entry for showing the Rotom Pokedex pic the whole time he was on the Pokedex screen.

Years
    Serebii confirms this. I think the video cut out before we could she Yungoose's dex entry. If anyone saw it, does anyone know how many evaluations it has?

I think I remember seeing it was probably just one Poke Ball next to it, indicating a two-stage line. Since Yungoos is likely to be the regional Normal-type rodent, it'll probably only evolve once.

Plus as Nath said the white Poke Ball symbols next to the Pokemon indicated the evolutions or what Pokemon that species is usually paired with (examples such as Zangoose/Seviper, Volbeat/Illumise, Plusle/Minun etc) and as Ledyba was shown with one Poke Ball, that means no Ledian evolution unfortunately. The starters and Pikipek had two which means three-stage line.

Back