• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Post your glitches..

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
Years
  • This is the (PROBABLY) official Glitch Thread.
    ......(PROBABLY)
    ........Post the glitches you've found in diamond and pearl..
    ............This isn't much of a glitch, but I'll start.
    ...Certain pokemon from the first generation, have the same cries.
    ...or edited cries.
    Like, Mewtwo has the same cry as Mew,
    but it's just a little lower sounding.
    and things like,
    Omanyte and Machop sound exactly the same.
    This is because they couldn't fit enough sounds in a simple GBC/GB game.
    (is pokemon RBY a GBC game also?)
    Yeah.
    Things like that.
    ..Does this thread even have an original idea?
    Probably not.

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
  • AGH!?!?

Woah, wasn't expecting a legendary to do that.
    .....The berry glitch.
    .................hate that glitch.
    after about a year of playing, berries stop growing.
    just randomly.
    ......if you wait a full year, it usually fixes itself.
    also, someone said that trading from Colloseum, (or XD, i forgot)
    will fix it.
    ......it's still annoying, though. And it counts as a glitch.
    DUH.
    because it's NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.
    which equals:Glitch.

Years
  • Well they leave places easily accessable if you have an AR. For example, if you use the walk anywhere cheat you can find shaymin, darkrai, and arceus in strange places. I don't know if this is a glitch since you cheat to get it but my friend accidentally ran into shaymin using this cheat lol.

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
  • Well, they simply put event areas in certain places, and made walls so they aren't accesible.
    Not a glitch.
    Not a programming error.
    It's a way to save space, probably, so they don't have to go to the trouble to make new areas.. (Probably.)
    if those walls weren't there, it wouldn't be a glitch at all, would it?
    the walk through walls IS a glitch.
    (In a way, since they never TRIED to program it in there. and it's obtained using a cheat device. And simply walking in certain areas will instantly freeze the game.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2012
    those same cry things because programmers didn't think of anymore...(these are the ones I noticed and remember)
    machop/omanyte
    mewtwo/paras
    aerodactyl/vileplume
    pidgeot/chansey
    cloyster/fearow
    slowbro/machamp
    jynx/hypno
    caterpie(I think)/butterfree/goldeen
    poliwag/ditto
    victreebel/porygon

well here're the D/P glitches I've found:
    sometimes when you check status on GTS right after offering successfully, when you back out of the status, it'll change to deposit. Then if you try to deposit, then it'll say communication error, but you won't be returned outside as usually would.

some pokemon are untradeable and always say "unfortunately, ..."(ex: lv. 40 mewtwo for lv. 40 sableye, lv. 65 mew for any mew)

other pokemon have pictures changed that can't be traded for either. This has happened to me on 2 occasions; a cyndaquil turning into a nidorino holding berry juice(well, I don't know if I could get berry juice any other way, but it's a hack so I shut off and reentered and cyndaquil was back) I don't remember what happened to the name, but when it asked what I wanted to do, it referred "what do you want to do with nidorino" something like that(instead of cyndaquil). Everyone's probably seen...gyarados/mew, scizor/kyogre, dialga/celebi...

these are the glitches I can think of right now.

just remembered the cloning glitch, yeah.

Golden Riolu

Finally Back
    Years
  • Something very odd happened in Diamond yesterday, although it could have been something normal while I wasn't paying attention. I sent out two Kirlia against a Pikachu and Clefairy, aimed a Confusion attack at both opponents, looked away for a moment, and when I looked back the turn was over and Pikachu was paralyzed. The only Pokemon with the ability to paralyze was itself paralyzed. One of my Kirlia does have the ability Synchronise, but it had no status problem at all and wasn't holding a berry to cure it. This is either a glitch or I really missed something.

~Golden

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Something very odd happened in Diamond yesterday, although it could have been something normal while I wasn't paying attention. I sent out two Kirlia against a Pikachu and Clefairy, aimed a Confusion attack at both opponents, looked away for a moment, and when I looked back the turn was over and Pikachu was paralyzed. The only Pokemon with the ability to paralyze was itself paralyzed. One of my Kirlia does have the ability Synchronise, but it had no status problem at all and wasn't holding a berry to cure it. This is either a glitch or I really missed something.

~Golden

Your other Kirlia has trace, and probably traced your SynchroKirlia's Synchronize.

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    Once I fainted a pokemon and the match should have been over but it wasnt. It made me battle nothng that sounded like a vibrava whose health went down right away.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Um, this wasn't in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, but...

In Pokemon Emerald, Wally knocked out the Ralts, but at the end, he's like "Yes! I caught Ralts!" xD

Golden Riolu

Finally Back
    Years
  • Your other Kirlia has trace, and probably traced your SynchroKirlia's Synchronize.

But neither was holding a berry (or any item at all), and the Pikachu was the only one paralyzed. And I'm pretty sure that my other Kirlia traced Clefairy's ability.

~Golden

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    Pfft here is a real common one. The cloning glitch (cause of the double save feature on GTS,) and The evolving glith.

That is my fave put up machoke for something. then go search something else and trade it. then go back and take back your machoke. (if its still there) and presto when you get it it evloves to Machamp.

the reason? the GTS system detected the trading between you and someone else which activates the evlove code for trades that evolve, so that WHO EVER recives it, it will evolve. even if its yourself.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    there are skitty's walking around in the resort mansion, and you can talk to them and they'll make their cry, but still the pokedex won't register them as 'seen'

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2009
    I once accidently cloned my Pokémon when i saved 2 times.
    The strange thing was that it only cloned Mesprit, Uxie and that other one :P.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • It's weird.. At the beginning of my adventure, I deposited my Shellos to be traded over GTS. When I checked it one day, it said I had a Jumpluff in the GTS. Showed the picture and everything. Yet, it still had the name Shellos. I still don't have a Jumpluff up to this day, so I know it was a glitch.

Man, I shoulda taken it. I'm too lazy to train my Hoppip..

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2009
    you know there is a way to fix the berry glitch like link up with a fire red or leaf green via link cable and at the fire red/ leaf green title screen hit a certain button combo

Back