• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post your pc Specs

Years
  • Brag or just share your PC specs here :)
    Also would be fun if you post what you use your pc for mostly.

I have

i5 3.1 Ghz
    8 Gb ram
    1 Tb HDD
    750 Ti Nvidia GFX Card

I use it for playing games, video editing, browseing, streaming, I multitask alot :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The majority of the time I use my PC for gaming, and streaming netflix, and basically internet. It's pretty quick.

This is mine, btw.

Spoiler:

Guest123_x1

Gateway NV57H50u
    • Intel Celeron B800 1.5GHz
    • 6GB DDR3 SDRAM (upgraded from 2GB, by retaining the original 2GB SO-DIMM and adding a 4GB module)
    • 320GB SATA 2.5 HDD
    • 15.6" 16:9 LED display, 1366×768 resolution.
    • DVD SuperMulti drive
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    • 1.3MP webcam
    This is my primary system, so I have done lots of different things with it. Mostly though, I use it for email, surfing, YouTube, music, LibreOffice documents, and virtual machines (the last one especially is which is why I put in so much RAM.)

My secondary desktop (and media center) is:
    HP m7580n Media Center
    • AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ 2.4GHz
    • 2.5GB DDR2 SDRAM (2× 1GB and 2×256MB DIMMs)
    • 320GB SATA HDD
    • DVD±RW drive
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 (upgraded from Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005)
    • Hauppage TV Tuner card (analog only, but I use just the Line-In jacks. I have an ATSC-capable USB tuner device that I use for watching television.)
    • NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE onboard graphics (This machine originally had a GeForce 7300 LE PCI-E card, but the fan failed so I removed it. I've been looking for a replacement graphics card off and on, but my choices are rather limited, as most of the cards that I see on the market are PCI-E 2.0 or later.)
    • AOC 2070W 20" monitor, 1600×900 native resolution.
    I primarily use this for media work, as well as a secondary machine that I get on and do most of the things I use my laptop for, whenever I feel like using this machine. I also have this as a spare in case my laptop breaks down.

pkmin3033

Copied from the sticker on the side of my laptop...

- Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
    - Intel HD Graphics 4400, up to 1792 MB Dynamic Video Memory
    - 4GB DDR3 L Memory
    - 1000GB HDD

It's got a 15.6" screen and runs Windows 8.1, I think. I've never been very knowledgeable of specs, but it gets the job done. xD

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Here's mine, built a little over two years ago. Sort of considering replacing a few of the parts in mine shortly. I kinda want a GTX 900 series... Or SLI a 900 series. {XD}

Spoiler:

Its primary use is gaming, if that wasn't clear. =p Also your basic Internetting - browsing, Netflix, school work, so on and so forth.

I have a craptop, too. But it's a piece of crap, hence its new name. It really only gets turned on when I'm too sick to leave the comfort of my bed. An HP dv6, and its only redeeming quality is the really fancy beats audio.. Because my desktop's speakers suck so I run my music through my TV instead.
    - i5
    - 6GB of RAM (a 2 GB stick and a 4GB stick, both different speeds. They dual-channeled RAM in two different sizes and speeds. It's great.)
    - And a switchable graphics card that's supposedly a Radeon, but it's also not a Radeon. Long story short, it's neither supported by HP nor by AMD. Ergo, it has no drivers and does not work. And again, I salute you, HP.

Winston-Harlem

Rich boy
    Years
  • May I post planned setups, perhaps? My technology is in a mess.

I have a few different systems laid out on paper. The first is a general-purpose personal desktop with a Core i3, 8GiB DDR3-1600, GTX 750 Ti, some gaming peripherals and a 60Hz 1080p IPS over HDMI. It'll be on a glass top table in a mATX Mini enclosure using Cat6, with a nice leather executive chair. An other setup I'm getting is an E5 Xeon on an X99 running 2.4GHz DDR4, a GTX 980 with a 900p display and cheap peripherals. It'll be doing mundane tasks like rendering, brute force cracking, and encryption, and later on could serve as a bastion host in a network DMZ. A third PC I'm getting wouldn't be a standard computer as much as a pfSense router, using an Atom SoC with dual Gigabit Ethernet in a mITX enclosure on a 32GB SSD. I'm so fed up with packaged networking solutions and the nightmare of the "wireless router" colloquy, and ISPs selling "in-home wi-fi" and other nonsense >_>

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    i5-4670k @4.0 GHz
    GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB
    8GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz
    1TB HDD @7200 RPM

Random doodads worth mentioning:
    Mouse: Intellimouse 1.1a
    Keyboard: Ducky 2108s Cherry MX Blue

Pretty much used for games, streaming and video rendering.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    i7-4790K (4.1 GHz OC)
    2x GTX 980 4GB
    32GB ~2666MHz RAM DDR4
    1.5TB HDD
    1TB SSD Raid 1

I've put a lot of money into this and hopefully this will last me a couple of years before I have to upgrade it further.

Back