• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Potentially) new player - need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    I´m becoming bored and I´m considering playing pokémon. I need some help to decide whether or not to play it and some tips if I decide to.

1. What is the game like? I know it is a trun-based RPG, but I´d like to know some details, like something about gameplay outside battles, something about how multiplayer works (do I connect to server? or do I host/join games? how does the communication work?), what are pros and cons of the game etc.

2. I don´t have Nintendo, I´d want to use an emulator to play it on PC. What emulator would you suggest?

3. I´d like to catch them literary all (except for the event specific ones). Is this doable by playing multiple game versions and doing transfer? If yes, would it be possible with one PC? If it is doable, What games would you suggest? I want as few of them as possible, and as new as possible. I thing that HeartGold, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum and either Black or White would be best. Any better suggsetion?

Thank you for your time

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    1. What is the game like? I know it is a trun-based RPG, but I´d like to know some details, like something about gameplay outside battles, something about how multiplayer works (do I connect to server? or do I host/join games? how does the communication work?), what are pros and cons of the game etc.
    You walk around in the world talking to NPCs and exploring towns/routes (anything from fields to deserts to caves) to move onwards in your journey. Multiplayer requires wifi connection and is only for battles held on nintendo servers. Pros are that there is generally a lot to do in Pokemon games (649 creatures after all!), and sales of the games reflect that. Cons... more on the minor side and vary from person to person I suppose. Frankly checkig out say the summary on wikipedia (not just of Pokemon but also of the specific game/s you want to get) and reviews will give you a better analysis of those things, and different games tend to offer different things as well. (Plus there's the spin-off games too which have entirely different gameplay to the Game Freak main-series games.) And naturally the best way is to try it yourself. Especially if you aren't intending to buy the legitimate games anyway but rather rom it, so you don't really have much to lose.
    2. I don´t have Nintendo, I´d want to use an emulator to play it on PC. What emulator would you suggest?
    Check out the emulation section (including the faq/question thread stickies) or hit google.
    3. I´d like to catch them literary all (except for the event specific ones). Is this doable by playing multiple game versions and doing transfer? If yes, would it be possible with one PC? If it is doable, What games would you suggest? I want as few of them as possible, and as new as possible. I thing that HeartGold, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum and either Black or White would be best. Any better suggsetion?
    Yes, it's possible via trading between legit versions, but over the one computer I am rather doubtful. Might want to check that but last I saw (outside of hacking) it isn't. Then again I am not much into emulating Pokemon games for the purposes of catching them all.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    That should answer it, what B&B said. If you have any specific questions about some of the games, such as Black/White, HeartGold/SoulSilver, etc, please ask in their corresponding Q&A threads located in their sections, or feel free to send me a message. :) You could also do a little research on the games at other sites too, such as Serebii or Bulbapedia. But since we have Q&A threads (though they're more specific than this) please use them instead. Thank you!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back