• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Power Saves: Features/How To Guide [Hack/Spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    Ok with this out, time to stop playing pokemon forever, thank you hackers for ruining the whole pokemon experience, ♥♥♥♥ you all (hackers)

PD: im not showing my love to hackers, is just i didn't know there waas a swear filter

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Ok with this out, time to stop playing pokemon forever, thank you hackers for ruining the whole pokemon experience, ♥♥♥♥ you all (hackers)

PD: im not showing my love to hackers, is just i didn't know there waas a swear filter

Considering this particular item doesn't do any hacks to ruin anyone elses experience, unlike pokegen or stat/iv modifying hacks that's been around since Platinum, not sure how it ruins your experience.

As for others, if anything this helps keep the experience and interest in Pokemon alive.

As stated earlier, once you've played and replayed Pokemon over and over and over, it gets boring pretty quick.. but thanks to the hacking and modding communities, the interest in the games stay peaked/alive. This is why Generation 1-4 are still played by many, and why Gen 5's battle scene is still pretty popular, because of all the various mods and hacks available for them :)! This is why also 3rd party sites like Pokemon Showdown are popular as well as essentially it allows you to build a "dream team" (similar to how PokeGen allows you to do with the official games) to battle with, if it wasn't for the Hacking and Modding communities, those games would be dead and obsolete, at least not flooding with interest and various let's play videos as with the mods.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    Well the Pokemon-GL website isn't in maintenance anymore and I was able to re-register my new game sync code since I began a new playthrough, and this was the result:

vb99.jpg

LOL THAT'S SO AWESOME! I can't wait to try this code XD

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • LOL THAT'S SO AWESOME! I can't wait to try this code XD

Also to note one annoying thing I discovered.. If you have max items in-game (999), then try to buy more or in my case I had 999 dawnstones, and i played the Balloon Popping game so I can get the stat reducing berries that I was missing, but in the process won a Dawn Stone.. when I sync'd my game. the delivery woman in the Pokemon Center was unable to give me my items and said my Bag was full. So I knew it was cause of the Dawn Stone, so I had to sell one to make room for the one the delivery woman had. So after that she gave me my items.

Nothing significant, but just a tad bit annoying :P!

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Ok with this out, time to stop playing pokemon forever, thank you hackers for ruining the whole pokemon experience, ♥♥♥♥ you all (hackers)

How does this ruin YOUR experience?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How does this ruin YOUR experience?

I was going to say the same thing. Sure there could be people using hacked pokemon on wifi battles (which, come on, the wifi battles are a SMALL part of the overall pokemon experience) but most of the people on wifi battles are turning out to be just kids (which are the predominate players of poekmon) who use legendaries anyway, so a team of all legendaries with bad IVs, no training, and default moves still have an advantage against quite a lot of normal pokemon even with perfect IVs, EV training and amazingly creative Egg/TM and level up move combinations. (I FINALLY tried battling a couple times, got whipped extremely easily! Won't be trying again till I have fully IV and egg move bred everything, lol!)

Pinta77

This is terrible. We were moving in the right direction to have a hack free pokemon game, and then this happened.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    This is terrible. We were moving in the right direction to have a hack free pokemon game, and then this happened.

it's not THAT bad, seriously! I'm breeding 5 IV pokemon as I come across them, so what difference does it make if I am fighting against someone else who hacked their IVs? We are both equally matched stat wise. If this device was giving the pokemon moves and abilities they can't normally learn then you have a valid point, but if they're cheating to get the same level as breeders can get to with a Destiny Knot and an Everstone, what does it really matter? no one is really getting a stat advantage over each other at all. And as for the items, it doesn't matter if your opponent has 999 of every item, they can't use any of them during an online/wifi battle, and the pokemon can't hold the same items, so the most any of them can use is 6 items, and one of each so again, what does it matter in battle whether I spent the time to grow 383 lum berries (which, FYI, only takes ONE crop to do, lol! I was VERY happy!) and someone else used this device to get 999 lum berries? We can still both only use one lim berry each in battle.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • This is terrible. We were moving in the right direction to have a hack free pokemon game, and then this happened.

Not sure what you mean a Hack Free pokemon game o.O? even before this, just with Pokemon Bank, people are able to transfer in their PokeGen created pokemon with perfect 6IVs, etc. Also there's no such thing as a "Hack Free" game that's popular. There's always going to be hackers and modders and it's been a staple with the Pokemon Games since Generation I.

Anyways, all this device does is modify your save file for your own personal experience (unlimited money, shiny pokemon, unlimited items) and it doesn't affect things that would "ruin" anyone else's experience, such as modifying your pokemon's stats/ivs, nor does it create pokemon with hacked moves/abilities. So it's nice that it doesn't do anything like that :)!

Last edited:

Pinta77

Maybe not completely hack free, but it was looking significantly better

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I don't know if it even exists in the code considering the Latiosite rules the Soul Dew obsolete. ^^

apparently it must in some form because other people that have looked over the coding of the game see that the Soul Dew is one of the items banned from the Battle Maison so I don't know why they would ban an item that doesn't exist

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • apparently it must in some form because other people that have looked over the coding of the game see that the Soul Dew is one of the items banned from the Battle Maison so I don't know why they would ban an item that doesn't exist

You are correct :) it does exist in game, you can see it on the list of items in X&Y here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_items_by_index_number_%28Generation_VI%29

Also some of those Unknown slots could be potential "new" unreleased items as well but will come via a patch..

However i am interested in the unreleased Fairy Gem and I wonder what the Shalour Sable is?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Shinies are now worthless, but I guess all good things must come to an end.

They've always been worthless in my opinion xD!

and it's no different as in previous generation.. From Gen 2 to Gen 5, you were able to glitch or generate any Pokemon into a shiny Pokemon. Gen 4 and Gen 5 for example has PokeGen, which allows you to create any Pokemon, shiny or not. However regardless of these, people still love shiny Pokemon, and love capturing and breeding shiny Pokemon.
    People will always still want them regardless and they will always retain their value as nothing has changed other than the extra method to acquire shiny Pokemon (changed from glitching in gen 2&3, to PokeGen in gen 4&5, to Power Saves in gen 6).

Also Power Saves isn't an Alternative to Breeding perfect Shinies.. since it is unable to modify stats/ivs/nature. so people will still need to breed for perfect Pokemon :)!

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • This thing is a godsend. No need to farm evo items anymore, no need to beg for missing mega stones anymore. I'll try to get one as soon as possible.

And it's possible there aren't any codes for perfect Pokémon and changing nature because they weren't yet able to create them, but the device could be capable of doing it. What it can't do are codes dependant on memory editing, because those require real-time play and the device acts outside of play.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • And it's possible there aren't any codes for perfect Pokémon and changing nature because they weren't yet able to create them, but the device could be capable of doing it.

I doubt there will ever be. Not even Action Replay for Black and White offered that, even though it is WAY MORE than capable of doing so than this device. Instead the company who makes Action Replay and this device only offers codes/cheats or save modifications that only enhance your own personal gameplay and not ruin others gameplay. Which is why no one really owns an Action Replay for Pokemon BW/BW2, as similar to this device, it only offers codes that are trivial (unlimited money, Unlimited items, make Pokemon shiny, etc, same as this device).

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I doubt there will ever be. Not even Action Replay for Black and White offered that, even though it is WAY MORE than capable of doing so than this device. Instead the company who makes Action Replay and this device only offers codes/cheats or save modifications that only enhance your own personal gameplay and not ruin others gameplay. Which is why no one really owns an Action Replay for Pokemon BW/BW2, as similar to this device, it only offers codes that are trivial (unlimited money, Unlimited items, make Pokemon shiny, etc, same as this device).

I don't understand... The AR for the DS can do all those codes. I have several hacked max IV Pokémon in Black 2 including legendaries. What you mean is that Datel themselves wouldn't offer the codes, but hackers could create them.

I think it could be capable of editing IVs/EVs because it can edit shininess, and also other tools in the past could edit those without requiring the game be on the cartridge slot. With PokéGen you could edit a save file and give all your Pokémon best stats. If Powersaves can edit save data, there's a possibility it can edit the Pokémon's IVs.

But maybe Datel doesn't want to make/release codes that enable us to do this because they don't want to ruin the game, as you said. Even though I think it hardly ruins the game...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back