• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pre-evolutions?

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    No more pre-evo's for any of the first or second gen Pokemon except for Kanghiskhan, if only to make the game make a little more sense.

Why? What is it about the first and second gens that constitutes it as "untouchable"? There's no real reason not to add pre-evos to them; in fact, I think the evo/pre-evos of the older pokemon make those older pokemon that much more interesting, and useful.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I would like to see a baby form of Mismagius, Honchkrow, Kangaskhan, Steelix, Scizor, Lapras etc... But I agree most people's opinion, not all Pokemon should have pre-evolutions... TBH I didn't expect Roselia will gain a baby form, as it's size is quite tiny already...

Why? What is it about the first and second gens that constitutes it as "untouchable"? There's no real reason not to add pre-evos to them; in fact, I think the evo/pre-evos of the older pokemon make those older pokemon that much more interesting, and useful.
    Yoom-tah, you are right! Imagine if Mr. Mime and Sudowoodo don't have baby-forms, then they wouldn't be brought over to DM/PL/PT. And people will just simply forget them, so having baby-form for some Pokemon is a must!

Last edited:
    Years
    Wynaut = most pointless idea since Wobbuffet itself.

Since they ruled out Wobbuffet by giving it a horrible prevolution in Hoenn, I don't mind prevolutions, any more, so any others, so long as they have purpose, would be fine, with me.
    Wobbuffet's main purpose seems to be more of comic relief for the anime.

I actually used a Wobbuffet once, with mild success. It's extremely frustrating though, since you never know if your opponent will even attack.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Wobbuffet's main purpose seems to be more of comic relief for the anime.

Unfortunately so, but from what I've heard, it barely even does that. Wobbuffet is one of those Pokemon that could win you a battle, but if you win a battle with it, all you get in return is this big empty space for using... well... Wobbuffet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yes. I think almost every single pokemon should have some kind of pre-evo/baby. It only makes sense. How the crap does an Onix come out of an egg? Seriously now.
    I must agree with YOOM-TAH on this one, I too have thought "wtf" at some of the Pokemon that hatch from eggs. Speaking of Onixes though, their eggs must be... like, too big and heavy to carry, so... wut. o.O

Personally, it being my favourite Pokemon, I'd like to see a pre-evo of Farfetch'd. You couldn't so well make an evolution that it goes into because it's already as adult looking as any bird Pokemon gets.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I must agree with YOOM-TAH on this one, I too have thought "wtf" at some of the Pokemon that hatch from eggs. Speaking of Onixes though, their eggs must be... like, too big and heavy to carry, so... wut. o.O

Personally, it being my favourite Pokemon, I'd like to see a pre-evo of Farfetch'd. You couldn't so well make an evolution that it goes into because it's already as adult looking as any bird Pokemon gets.

Staravia and Pidgeotto look pretty adult-like too but they still get evolutions. It's not all about age. It's also about form. I think an evolution for it would be awesome because it would actually make Farfetch'd useful.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Staravia and Pidgeotto look pretty adult-like too but they still get evolutions. It's not all about age. It's also about form. I think an evolution for it would be awesome because it would actually make Farfetch'd useful.
    If they can make a good form, then by all means...

I find Farfetch'd apt for my play-style, but yeah it's not currently useful in competetive battling.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Yeah but if they make a pre-evolution of Onix what would it be??? Wouldn't it be kind of weird?
    But yeah..I say some of your ideas you guys are thinking rock, but the only thing is........what's wrong with Wynat or Wobbuffet?

Pre-evolutions? Pre-evolutions?

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
    Years
    I think some Pokemon could use pre-evolutions, sure. However, I do think evolutions are much more of a necessity, no doubt! They could make some good pre-evos for basic Pokemon like Pinsir, Heracross, etc. who have decent stats already backing them up. But for basic Pokemon like Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, etc. who don't have as good of a stat/movepool backing them up would just be pointless. They are the ones who could obviously use an evolution...

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Looks like a lot of people want more but not a lot...I agree with them!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I would want to have an evolution of kangaskan. Go Baby Kan!

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Lol, looks like most people want a baby kanaskhan a lot!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Yeah I would always wonder if the baby in the pouch could jump out and hit the opponent! Baby Kan use giga impact!

Back