• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prepare for Team Fortress 2! (It's free!)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I've always felt like the Engineering role can't exactly be played properly; to it's full extent unless you've got at least 2 on the same team playing defensive games, protecting the whatever it is they're protecting. But hey, that's just me and my thoughts on it. ^_^

Years
    I think a few people on here need to chill out. You all have different opinons and yes, you can discuss them, but without it turning it into a flame/insult fest.
    This is just a reminder, anymore and action will be taken!

Also, on a server note, if you have any problems, PM either myself or Hiroshi Sotomura with the exact details, why it wasn't playable, ping and so on.​

Years

Also, on a server note, if you have any problems, PM either myself or Hiroshi Sotomura with the exact details, why it wasn't playable, ping and so on.​

It's pretty much just the distance. It's not made for Australia (which a surprisingly large portion of us seem to be) to the US.

Unless we can get an Australasian server, I can't see the issue going anywhere. That said, I'm sure there's enough of us to consider it.

For the record, I go by the name [OCAU] Ethan. Oh, and Fabio, I'm getting 250-300 ping. By contrast, I get ~30-45 to Aussie servers. With 250-300 FPS, so I'm really not used to lag, lol.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    My kd ratio has NEVER been this high. I mean, I normally manage a positive kd of 1.5:1 or something like that, but lately I've been getting 5:1 and even once, 10:1.

It's also funny to see some of these people just shooting walls because there was an enemy standing there 10 seconds ago.

Years
    My kd ratio has NEVER been this high. I mean, I normally manage a positive kd of 1.5:1 or something like that, but lately I've been getting 5:1 and even once, 10:1.

It's also funny to see some of these people just shooting walls because there was an enemy standing there 10 seconds ago.

Haha, welcome to F2P. I usually spend more time aiming for caps/teamwork than my KD. The other day, I managed to cap all points (Payload) almost solo... twice over in a full 24-man server.

It also surprises me just how much of a difference good communication works. If the team can keep each other informed of where the threats are (sentries/ubered heavies/snipers/capping scouts) and co-ordinate their own caps via better timing and cover fire, it just makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable. Sadly, I'm sure a lot of people mute comms, which is sad, considering I rarely hear annoying 12-yr olds outside of trade servers.

Which is why Portal 2 co-op worked so well.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Free account limitations

There are limitations on both Steam and TF2 functionality for free accounts.
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2839-WRHX-9873

It is worth mentioning that limited accounts can still accept friend invites by navigating to their Steam Community page and accepting them there.

Associating any money with an account will remove all Steam limitations, and buying an in-game item will remove all TF2 limitations as well as Steam limitations.

Back