• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prepare for trouble~!! [Team Rocket Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
You need to catch up with the show :P. Yep, the guy with green hair is Dent/Cilan and the little girl is Iris.

The Best Wishes Series is not even released in my country. I am too lazy to watch it on the internet.

Who is your favourite Rocket Executive?

None, seriously, I don't even like 1 of them. I am hoping for J&J to be promoted. (in game and in anime)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I am hoping for J&J to be promoted. (in game and in anime)
Weren't they already promoted when BW started? And I don't think they'll be in the games again.

Getting on topic now...

I didn't like any of them actually, because they never stood out in the games... nor in anime for that matter, 0 appearances total for all of them so far and it's likely to stay that way. They could possibly have more backgrounds and maybe they could've extended their storyline with somewhere along the lines of vowing for revenge in Kanto, etc. Their pokemon weren't particularly strong either (but then, the whole Johto part of the game was easy enough) and could've done with smarter movesets, like Houndoom having thunder fang or something like that.
I especially felt that interim head guy (Archer) should've had more appearances and mentioning, because he was supposed to be a leader, right? (even if it is temporary), but we never get to see him until the end and nobody even mentions anything remotely close (GF could've made him pop up once in a while, or even his name being mentioned, something even like "Our interim head leader Archer is planning on reviving on team rocket!" would've resolved the issue). My guess is that GF wanted him to be a "secret card," but still, I'm really not fascinated by surprise character that isn't even remotely mentioned anywhere and has absolutely no background at all. I would've liked him a LOT if he stood out more.

Tl;dr I didn't like the executives because they weren't doing things purely for their own purposes and the head guy didn't have any background.

P.S.
This post will be my last in PC until June 5th (or Independence Day if I'm early). Click here to see why.
I know I posted that couple (or several) days ago, but I just wanted to check if there was a new topic :)
My high school exams are almost over and all, but I need time to enjoy more social life. Please stay loyal to TR and cheers :D

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
See you Mewtwo and good luck! =)

Personally though, I do not like the repetitive nature of the Anime. A change in the main characters should be good. :p

I don't like the repetitive nature of the anime either, but I prefer a repetitive Team Rocket than no Team Rocket at all!

Also, a new topic for y'all.
Not out of the members out here, the actual ones. (Petrel, Archer, Ariana and Proton) lol

I love Ariana because she is most certainly Giovanni's wife (or girlfriend w/e) and Silver's mother. I imagine all kinds of Rocket stories involving them haha. I like her design and she seems to have a strong but enjoyable personality. I also like Petrel because he looks so stoned and crazy. I always thought he resembled one of my last year profs who beared a similar crazy look xD.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
P.S.
This post will be my last in PC until June 5th (or Independence Day if I'm early). Click here to see why.
I know I posted that couple (or several) days ago, but I just wanted to check if there was a new topic :)
My high school exams are almost over and all, but I need time to enjoy more social life. Please stay loyal to TR and cheers :D

YOU ARE NOT LOYAL TO TR!!! YOU RATHER STUDY THEN LURK/POST HERE

Wait... Isn't it already the end of June?
Good luck on your exams, may Giovanni be with you.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Lmao xD! You come up with pretty good ones lolz.

You are being sarcastic, aren't you?
Nah, my real life friends hate my for having cold humour(?) and my lame jokes. They say that I am lame.

I am super off-topic these few days and I am ending this with a topic. Not sure rather it is posted before.

Do you think that Team Rocket trio was created by the anime creators just to make the story instresting or it is just to lengthen(?) the anime or simply just to make sure that kids know that bad guys always lose or a evil organisation.

I seriously think that its just to lengthen the anime and simply just to make sure that kids know that bad guys always lose. Other than that, I don't think that Team Rocket is an evil organisation which I don't know their real motives are and think the TR trio is just to add the comedic feeling.

P.S Meowth is awesome.

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
You are being sarcastic, aren't you?
Nah, my real life friends hate my for having cold humour(?) and my lame jokes. They say that I am lame.
No, I seriously lol at what you write xD.

Do you think that Team Rocket trio was created by the anime creators just to make the story instresting or it is just to lengthen(?) the anime or simply just to make sure that kids know that bad guys always lose or a evil organisation.

I think they've been created to make the story interesting because such a kind of show is boring without bad guys. I think Shudo (the guy who created J&J) actually wrote about why he created them. I don't have time to look for it now, but I will. However, I remember reading that J&J were a lot more important to him than Ash and corp.

There you go!
And, once more, Team Rocket's existence was naturally essential. In case of Pokemon edition, because villain characters were going to be original here, it was possible to create them in any way. Moreover, with fascinating villains or protagonist's rival being the case, the interest of the whole production becomes to change. In interesting productions, the existence of fascinating villains and rivals is essential.
Inside Pokemon anime, where villains are essential, they make an appearance being aware of the fact that Pokemon anime wouldn't come to existence if they weren't there. It's because they aren't usual villains whose appearance is limited to only 2-3 times. While the protagonists are stereotypes easy to understand, Team Rocket in the role of villains must be full of individualities and having sense of existence characters. Their existence must be made the way, that would make the audience to call out "I've been waiting for it!" when they appear on the screen. The more Team Rocket will be individual, the more they will stand out, the more Pokemon anime edition will differ from usual anime and become a unique thing.

In short, it's me who thought of making up a primary factor for Pokemon with existence of clumsy villains, "Team Rocket", appreciated by adults, transforming children-oriented anime into family anime that adults can enjoy too.

Taken from there: http://www.freewebs.com/rocketshipper/entry1.htm.

There are other texts like this one on the website, which I didn't read yet :P.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Don't lie. I never told good jokes before. Seriously.

ewww... Rocketshipper website
Bookmark'd and will read it whenever I have the time.
I'm not lying. I guess I have a bad sense of humour in your friends' point of view then! lol

Shh, J&J are meant to be and one day you won't be able to deny it! >=D Muahahahaha fufufufufu!

Hey, I made a TR AMV! xD It's my first one in 8 years, and my second one ever (which I never finished lol). Hope Youtube won't delete it like my Holy Matrimony fandub :( (it'll probably be meh). Hope you like it too :P. The synch is not perfect, but I didn't want to lose any more time on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
GREAT BUMP FOR JUSTICE!!!

YOU ARE NOT LOYAL TO TR!!! YOU RATHER STUDY THEN LURK/POST HERE

Wait... Isn't it already the end of June?
Good luck on your exams, may Giovanni be with you.

Surprised, eh? well, I said I'll be away til probably July 5th (lol, what a mistake on my part for that... oh well, I won't change it since everybody knows it now :embarrass) My exams are done, it's 10 PM in here, I have nothing to do, so yeah, here I am. (I also had mega-giga-huge luck with shinies btw, so I also wanted to inform that to PC)

I also got my coveted Mewtwo in my new HG yesterday (caught it with 1 FAST BALL after using 40+ dusk ball). It also has modest nature and 31 IV on HP, sp. atk, and speed.... literally WTF. In a very-very-good way. Seems like my new 3DS is giving me plethora of luck :badsmile:

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I'm definitely joining this; Team Rocket are my favourite characters in the TV Show (anime) - bringing a breath of comical fresh air to the episodes where they are featured in. :)

Sign-up Form:
Username: Zaspien
Partner(s): Meowth <3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I'm definitely joining this; Team Rocket are my favourite characters in the TV Show (anime) - bringing a breath of comical fresh air to the episodes where they are featured in. :)

Sign-up Form:
Username: Zaspien
Partner(s): Meowth <3

Welcome! Stay active and regularly post to the topic or anything regarding Team Rocket. As you can check, the topic that is current topic is:

You can create your new topics as well, just don't post a new topic like after like 4 hours somebody had just made a topic. Enjoy your stay here.

P.S: I know the first post hasn't posted this topic yet, but just type out your feelings about it. The boss isn't so active and we need the thread to stay alive

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I think the trio was created to give Ash and the others some more competition and some more rivals. They needed more antagonists then just Gary. Not to mention they add about 4 minutes into every show.

Years
Do you think that Team Rocket trio was created by the anime creators just to make the story interesting or it is just to lengthen(?) the anime or simply just to make sure that kids know that bad guys always lose or a evil organisation?

They are still in the show just for comic relief purposes. :<

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
Years

I would argue that Team Rocket's purpose is a splash of both. While they are certainly bad guys and the fact that they constantly lose does mean that the show is encouraging the 'good always wins over evil' idea, they are also certainly viable characters that are there to keep the anime fresh and interesting.

The fact that they're evil but a bit clumsy and generally uncharasteristic of 'bad guys' also shows that they are not truly 'evil' but just misguided - making a statement for them in terms of wholeness of the heart.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Do you think there will be any references to Team Rocket in the expected Ruby and Sapphire remakes?

Nope, even how much I want them to be in there, it will definately be a no-no since Ruby and Sapphire already have Team Magma and Aqua.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Do you think there will be any references to Team Rocket in the expected Ruby and Sapphire remakes?

I think there will be a reference - there are always references to previous generations in any Pokemon game; however they will be minor game references that don't impact the gameplay whatsoever. It makes sense since Ruby and Sapphire have Team Magma and Aqua who had nothing to do with Team Rocket (baring the anime).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back