• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Preventing a wild Pokemon from being caught [gen 3]

Years
  • You know how in Black 2 and White 2 you are unable to capture the wild fused Kyurem? I want to do something like that in my hack, where you have to battle a legendary Pokemon but aren't allowed to catch them. Has someone figured out a way to do so? All I could think of is setting the catch rate to zero but that would still allow the player to (uselessly) throw Pokeballs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    You know how in Black 2 and White 2 you are unable to capture the wild fused Kyurem? I want to do something like that in my hack, where you have to battle a legendary Pokemon but aren't allowed to catch them. Has someone figured out a way to do so? All I could think of is setting the catch rate to zero but that would still allow the player to (uselessly) throw Pokeballs.

Here is a routine I wrote for dream ball/sport ball that prevents you from using the pokeball if you aren't in the correct map. You could easily add in a wild pokemon species check to prevent use against a pokemon as well. Do you know assembly language at all?

EDIT: this is for FR. I'm not sure what the hook would be for emerald currently.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow, I didn't expect such a quick response. Thank you very much.

Truthfully I don't know assembly language, though if that's what's needed to add this feature then I'll have to learn it. I'm still in the planning stages of figuring out everything I want to do with my hack, still teaching myself the basics. I'll be sure to remember this code once I do get to the point that I can use it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Wow, I didn't expect such a quick response. Thank you very much.

Truthfully I don't know assembly language, though if that's what's needed to add this feature then I'll have to learn it. I'm still in the planning stages of figuring out everything I want to do with my hack, still teaching myself the basics. I'll be sure to remember this code once I do get to the point that I can use it.

No problem! Let me know if you need any help configuring the function to accomodate your request.

If you want to learn a new coding language going forward, it might help to understand assembly, but all of the dissasembly projects are done in C, so that would be more beneficial.

Good luck with your hack!

Last edited:
    Back