• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Prices?

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
    Hopefully the same price i bought Platinum for £30.99 , really don't think they'll charge for the pokewalker , they're cheap tamagotchi's and they give you a bit of exercise.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    FireRed and LeafGreen also came (at least here) with a device to trade Pokémon without cables in a distance of 10meters, if I'm not wrong. And it was the same price.
    The Pokéwalker may not cost anything too, and thats what I guess.

And about that of complains, they sell what they want, and you buy if you want. Right? There's no reason to complain.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Alright, so lets assume the ¥1,000 Yen is added with the bundles accessory for the remakes making it ¥5,800. Then that would make my idea that the price would actually be about $60.50 in US price. This of course does not include the shipping fee, which again will depend on exactly where and whom you purchase the game from. So, overall, that isn't half bad. I mean you're getting the game, the included box, and the PokéWalk device. The infrared like said will of course increase the price instead of concluding it as a cheap add in. However, at least the basic price of it pays off in the long run as you still get the chance to play through the game, and not only but you get the included bundle pack. So, just for about ¥5,800 Yen or $60.50 plus S&H [US Price] you are getting a pretty good deal.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Alright, so lets assume the ¥1,000 Yen is added with the bundles accessory for the remakes making it ¥5,800. Then that would make my idea that the price would actually be about $60.50 in US price. This of course does not include the shipping fee, which again will depend on exactly where and whom you purchase the game from. So, overall, that isn't half bad. I mean you're getting the game, the included box, and the PokéWalk device. The infrared like said will of course increase the price instead of concluding it as a cheap add in. However, at least the basic price of it pays off in the long run as you still get the chance to play through the game, and not only but you get the included bundle pack. So, just for about ¥5,800 Yen or $60.50 plus S&H [US Price] you are getting a pretty good deal.

Haha, really now? I'm sure most people would rather just keep saving up and pay for an English version they can understand. I think you failed to account for the shipping costs in this case because you do have to consider that the Pokéwalker WILL add to the dimensions and weight of the unit.

For the cost of the shipping fee, what I pointed out in bold explains it. So, yes the price will be added in. However, there are some outside of Japan that are pretty anxious for the game and wouldn't mind getting the Japanese version. Now to me, I'd rather wait for the English copy of the remakes as I'd want to actually understand what I'm basically playing and at least it'll be a cheaper price for myself. Though, like I said there are some who would want it earlier and if they can afford it, then why wouldn't they go for it? Overall, the thread asked for the basic price of the Japanese version in US dollars, which would be around $60.50 PLUS S&H. This of course is speculation based on if the Japanese price is ¥5,800.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well... according to serebii.net and the official site which just got updated, the price will be at 4800 yen. (Along with a September 12th '09 release).

Last edited:

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    ya it seems serebii.net annunced it to be 4800 yen, and the release will be on September 12. 2009 (thats my birthday as well, :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    ¥4800 Yen isn't a terrible price for it when you actually look at it now along with an earlier release date than expected. For one, you get the game that so many people have been waiting for. Not to forget, those in Japan will also be receiving a PokéWalker for the bundled bonus of purchasing the game. This is basically like "Buy One and You Get This Free." So, you can expect at a great price like this for the game and the bundled device that the game shall have high sales and bring in a larger income for the missing expense [if any] for Game Freak and Nintendo together.

I personally, enjoying the news to my ears will still wait for the game to be altered into English. It'll save me the money from importing and for when I want to purchase the game here at the States. The only question about things though is whether or not the US games will be bundled with the PokéWalker and if it is will it be the same price as well as a regular DS game or will it be boosted because of the added bundle. Nevertheless at least we've received news on the release date and purchase price. So, with this being said the US price for the game converted by the Japanese price would be about $50.30 not including S&H.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    4800 yen is 58.30 usd
    58.30 usd is 35.68 euros

So it isn't really that much, but remember it comes with the Pokewalker and the figures if you reserve them.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    PokeWalker should be optional that way those who don't want it dont pay for it.

As for the price I'd say most estimates here are correct 4800 Yen is roughly $48.00 though the US-Japanese conversion rate varies alot. Shipping $5 tops unless their real leeches or you're using some sort of express shipping.

Back