• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Remember that in BW's code there was only info an one forme for Kyurem opposed to the two it ended up getting. It's possible GF were thinking of remakes, but weren't sure at the time they made XY. It's also possible that they started working on the remakes as they were finishing off XY themselves. They may have only had time to add in the Latis. Some speculate even the MegaLatis are beta, and the final products may look different.

Years
  • I could see Groudon getting a Fire dual-typing, but I think it's probable that Kyogre remains a pure Water-type. It's a stretch, but he could get an Ice typing. There's not too much reasoning behind it other than being consistent with giving both of the cover pokemon a new typing, haha.

Years
  • Nope. In Sapphire Team Aqua also wanted rocket fuel from the Space Center for the exact same reason.

I own and played Sapphire many times, Aqua never went to the Space Center. Also the Space Center only plays a significant role in Emerald's story. You can even check Bulbapedia out, it affirms what I've said.

About Mega/Alpha Kyogre being Water/Ice. The sides of the Pokémon Omega Ruby's logo has flames and what appears to be rocks (molten). While Alpha Sapphire's seems like water yet it also looks a bit like ice (may be the angle).

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • I own and played Sapphire many times, Aqua never went to the Space Center. Also the Space Center only plays a significant role in Emerald's story. You can even check Bulbapedia out, it affirms what I've said.

Sapphire is my favorite game in the series and I've also played it many times. I definitely remember having to visit it at one point.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Personally, I don't think new Mega Evolutions particularly likely. While they could patch in support for XY, I don't see them doing that. In the past, the only patches have been bugfixes - they've never added in new features.

Plus, there's the fact that ORAS were almost certainly being developed simultaneously alongside XY. If they knew ahead of time that Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre were going to be important for and used in ORAS, why not include them in XY to begin with, so you don't have to worry about patching everyone's games?

I guess you could argue that they wanted to keep them secret. Okay, why? How would a Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon spoil the existence of ORAS? Nobody took the Mega Mewtwo twins and the Kanto starters Mega evolutions to mean a new Kanto re-remake was coming, so why would Kyogre and Groudon be different for Hoenn remakes?

Also, if they specifically wanted to keep them secret, why weren't they keeping other things secret, like Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion? Or the Megas of the Eon duo? If they were both willing and able to deal with a mid-generation patch to add in Megas from ORAS, there's absolutely no reason they couldn't do the same for the above-mentioned Pokemon.

Many trademarks never amount to anything.

And simply pointing out that they look different in no way points specifically to Mega Evolution. It could be a Mega Evolution, a new form, or, hell, maybe Team Magma / Aqua enlisted the help of Cipher and they're XD002 and XD003. It could literally be anything.

Maybe they wanted to save their Megas for the RS remake? I mean they never release everything in 1 game. Look how much games have differed from one another in the past.

I own and played Sapphire many times, Aqua never went to the Space Center. Also the Space Center only plays a significant role in Emerald's story. You can even check Bulbapedia out, it affirms what I've said.

About Mega/Alpha Kyogre being Water/Ice. The sides of the Pokémon Omega Ruby's logo has flames and what appears to be rocks (molten). While Alpha Sapphire's seems like water yet it also looks a bit like ice (may be the angle).

Nice catch about the covers. I didn't really pay attention to that, but you are right.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • If Jirachi does end up having more to do with the plot and the new Groudon/Kyorge designs, it is possible I guess that in the remakes, Team Magma/Aqua don't acquire Groudon/Kyogre, they may use Jirachi to clone them from... maybe DNA off the orbs?

I suppose it's possible Jirachi may have more to do with the plot this time, although I really doubt they'd take a page out of the movie. It would be a first anyway, I think.

Years
  • Sapphire is my favorite game in the series and I've also played it many times. I definitely remember having to visit it at one point.

It is in Sapphire but the whole stealing rocket fuel event with Magma didn't happen. Nor did it happen with Aqua.

I wonder if the Orbs will crack due to the force of the clash amongst the legends. Do all of you remember the Phase from Emerald? "The Balance of Power Has Shifted." I feel that will be applied to the Mega/formes as it'll cause one of the legends to shift the status quo of the world's land-water ratio which is bad.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    If Jirachi does end up having more to do with the plot and the new Groudon/Kyorge designs, it is possible I guess that in the remakes, Team Magma/Aqua don't acquire Groudon/Kyogre, they may use Jirachi to clone them from... maybe DNA off the orbs?

I suppose it's possible Jirachi may have more to do with the plot this time, although I really doubt they'd take a page out of the movie. It would be a first anyway, I think.

Jirachi is almost totally ignored in the games, except for perhaps the PMD series. The only reason one would want it is because it is featured in a movie, not unlike Celebi, Manaphy, Mew or Victini. I'm not sure they will break the small-legendary-stars-in-movie-and-gotten-by-event trend, but it's not a stretch that Team Aqua/Magma would want Jirachi for it's 'wish' properties.

Echidna

Years
  • I wonder if the Orbs will crack due to the force of the clash amongst the legends. Do all of you remember the Phase from Emerald? "The Balance of Power Has Shifted." I feel that will be applied to the Mega/formes as it'll cause one of the legends to shift the status quo of the world's land-water ratio which is bad.
    That would actually be really nice if they added it, where depending on the game, either the land or water in Hoenn would expand, and the map would get a significant, partial makeover. It's entirely possible with the new engine, and it would be much more of a game-changer than just having to follow the legendary into a cave and defeat/capture it :/
    Jirachi is almost totally ignored in the games, except for perhaps the PMD series. The only reason one would want it is because it is featured in a movie, not unlike Celebi, Manaphy, Mew or Victini. I'm not sure they will break the small-legendary-stars-in-movie-and-gotten-by-event trend, but it's not a stretch that Team Aqua/Magma would want Jirachi for it's 'wish' properties.
    That might be a nice little side-quest allowing the player to battle Jirachi and stop Team Magma/Aqua in their quest to play god. :/

EDIT: :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    That might be a nice little side-quest allowing the player to battle Jirachi and stop Team Magma/Aqua in their quest to play god. :/

EDIT: :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

Haha, play god XD

But then again, how can an extremely up-to-date and totally genius team like Aqua or Magma not grab the rather obvious chance to rule the world?

And what is this about a 10 year old single-handedly foiling their plans? I haven't heard such nonsense in me whole life!

Echidna

Years
  • Haha, play god XD

But then again, how can an extremely up-to-date and totally genius team like Aqua or Magma not grab the rather obvious chance to rule the world?

And what is this about a 10 year old single-handedly foiling their plans? I haven't heard such nonsense in me whole life!

Heh, that's like, the entire Pokemon series in one sentence.

Anyways, regardless of whether Jirachi will make a side-quest appearance, I really doubt that it'll have much to do with Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre (re-designs). Although I can't shake off how much the OR boxart resembles JWM!Groudon. It doesn't look like there's enough alteration to call it a mega-evolution (as far as I can tell at this point anyways), or even a forme for that matter.

The re-designs look mostly cosmetic (GLOWY LINES V PRETTY).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Anyways, regardless of whether Jirachi will make a side-quest appearance, I really doubt that it'll have much to do with Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre (re-designs). Although I can't shake off how much the OR boxart resembles JWM!Groudon. It doesn't look like there's enough alteration to call it a mega-evolution (as far as I can tell at this point anyways), or even a forme for that matter.

You've just taken a side in the great ORAS speculation war 2014 as far as I can tell. Hopefully they won't disappoint us with whatever they're about to reveal about Omega Groudon or Alpha Kyogre. It doesn't even have to be an in-battle form switch, simply some sort of storyline forme would do fine.

Echidna

Years
  • You've just taken a side in the great ORAS speculation war 2014 as far as I can tell. Hopefully they won't disappoint us with whatever they're about to reveal about Omega Groudon or Alpha Kyogre. It doesn't even have to be an in-battle form switch, simply some sort of storyline forme would do fine.

I honestly don't even care to be honest (EDIT: wow). They look different, cool. The headline for me is RSE REMAKES I AM STILL IN DISBELIEF OH MY GOD IS THIS REAL.

But yeah, they're calling it a "never before seen Pokemon", and never before seen Pokemon are more often than not... new Pokemon? Yeah I really don't care.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I honestly don't even care to be honest (EDIT: wow). They look different, cool. The headline for me is RSE REMAKES I AM STILL IN DISBELIEF OH MY GOD IS THIS REAL.

But yeah, they're calling it a "never before seen Pokemon", and never before seen Pokemon are more often than not... new Pokemon? Yeah I really don't care.

We all don't really care either, do we? All we want to see is HOENN REMAKES REAL QUICK SOMETHING STORY SCREENS FORMES HEROES VILLIANS LEGIES INFO RELEASE DATE ANYTHING AWRUGHHH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

But what I find mysterious is the 'brand new world' and 'a whole new dynamic story' and other stuff are simply too much generic phrases used to advertise games. I was hoping they would say something like 'see Hoenn in a brand-new 3D world!'

Years
  • According to what was said we know they aren't fancy looking appearances like Xerneas' two "forms". I noticed that Mega/Alpha Kyogre looks less skinny compared to the original Kyogre. Also it's color is a dark sapphire blue opposed to the lighter sapphire blue. Also it has ridges of dark blue grey running down the tips of it's tail.
    While (O)Mega Groudon is upright. It's neck horns look darker, also the line are large and a couple extend towards it's belly.

Echidna

Years
  • We all don't really care either, do we? All we want to see is HOENN REMAKES REAL QUICK SOMETHING STORY SCREENS FORMES HEROES VILLIANS LEGIES INFO RELEASE DATE ANYTHING AWRUGHHH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

But what I find mysterious is the 'brand new world' and 'a whole new dynamic story' and other stuff are simply too much generic phrases used to advertise games. I was hoping they would say something like 'see Hoenn in a brand-new 3D world!'

I guess in the same vein as 'brand new world', 'never before seen Pokemon' could be a little (a lot) mis-leading. Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre could be nothing at all? Probably not, but it could be that they're just Groudon and Kyogre with new origins (i.e. genetically re-engineered or restored via fossil/orb).

In any case, I like to believe that 'a brand new world' was more or less aimed at new-comers to the series. I mean gen 5 was intended to sort-of reboot the series, and they no doubt gained a lot of new fans during that gen, what with sequels and all that bulls***.

Gen 4 was very unfriendly to new-comers, whereas gen 5 was designed to be accessible, and maybe they were just riding that horse out a little longer for anyone who hasn't yet played in Hoenn.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    According to what was said we know they aren't fancy looking appearances like Xerneas' two "forms". I noticed that Mega/Alpha Kyogre looks less skinny compared to the original Kyogre. Also it's color is a dark sapphire blue opposed to the lighter sapphire blue. Also it has ridges of dark blue grey running down the tips of it's tail.
    While (O)Mega Groudon is upright. It's neck horns look darker, also the line are large and a couple extend towards it's belly.

I can see the features have a more noticeable change than just some aesthetic recolouring. It could truly be their rage formes...

I guess in the same vein as 'brand new world', 'never before seen Pokemon' could be a little (a lot) mis-leading. Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre could be nothing at all? Probably not, but it could be that they're just Groudon and Kyogre with new origins (i.e. genetically re-engineered or restored via fossil/orb).

In any case, I like to believe that 'a brand new world' was more or less aimed at new-comers to the series. I mean gen 5 was intended to sort-of reboot the series, and they no doubt gained a lot of new fans during the gen, what with sequels and all that.

Gen 4 was very unfriendly to new-comers, whereas gen 5 was designed to be accessible, and maybe they were just riding that horse out a little longer for anyone who hasn't yet played in Hoenn.

The irony is that Gen V's attempted reboot enraged many fans on the fact that we can't find old staples like Magikarp in the games before the Elite Four.

Maybe the evil team had the KyoGro's Orb in their pocket for longer than we assumed, so they were working on how to destroy the binding power the Orb has over said legendary, thus leading them to unleash KyoGro's true formes? It could really work out imo

Echidna

Years
  • It could truly be their rage formes...

Maybe the evil team had the KyoGro's Orb in their pocket for longer than we assumed, so they were working on how to destroy the binding power the Orb has over said legendary, thus leading them to unleash KyoGro's true formes? It could really work out imo
    I like these ideas because if what we've seen on the boxart is all there is to these 'never before seen Pokemon', then I really hope they're not Mega Evolutions because they really do not look the part. But I'm pretty sure that assertion is quite premature, we could only be seeing part of a bigger picture.

Back