• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primordial Sea Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    wow, so they give Primal Groudon an ability that makes it immune to all water type attacks and yet they give Primal Kyogre an ability that makes it immune to fire type attacks.

That is so pointless, it's pretty much a watered down Drizzle really and even worse that the rain stops when Primal Kyogre is switched out. No one in competitive play even uses Kyogre for more than 5 turns unless they're somehow sweeping but still, it's worse than Drizzle.

Don't even get me started on the secondary effect, Negates all Fire Type Attacks, which idiot even uses a fire type attack on a Kyogre, how freaking pointless is this, god, i was looking forward to getting Alpha Sapphire but now that Primal Kyogre's ability got the arse, I see no point in using a Primal Kyogre in competitive play at all, and you know well, going into online matchups in OR/AS that you will end up versing someone who has a Primal Groudon. Once the person sends out a Primal Groudon, your Primal Kyogre is pointless, Surf? Nope, no effect, what you gonna use next? Ice Beam? ha, x1 damage and no stab? You gonna teach kyogre earthquake? Physical move and no stab against Groudons good defence, may aswell accept defeat then and there.

Negating ground type attacks would have been better than negating freakin Fire Type attacks, this sucks.

Rant Over.

Years
  • Calm down dude, these abilities are obviously not made for competitive play, and we dont even know if the primal devolutions will be available competitively.
    And kyogre is a pretty mad sweeper to be fair, drizzle with choice scarf, thunder and water spout?? Its a force to be reckoned with.

But anyway, true, groudons ability is much more beneficial to it than kyogres but as I already said, it just for the story/lore.

And something like this shouldn't put you off getting the game, it is a pretty ridiculous thing to say you're not getting it because of these things... who even plays in ubers anyway? And to be fair it has balanced out those two, groudon always got destroyed by kyogre, now it actually stands a chance.

Go work for game freak if you're that bothered, the game aint gonna change without you doing so.

Rant over.

Years
  • What you may not seem to be getting is that these abilities are better for the whole team, unless the abilities fade after you switch out. Considering Groudon doesn't often use Fire-type attacks on its own (except sometimes Fire Punch and Overheat), and sunlight would weaken the power of Water-type attacks anyway, so it wouldn't be terribly weak to Water if it were to come out after Kyogre. Now, i'm no competitive uber battler myself (well, I was sort of back in Generation III), but it's not likely that these things would only be used for themselves.

Years
  • Hey pal, all confirmed information can be discussed collectively in the Confirmed Information Discussion thread. Also, if you want to speculate about possible Primal forms/abilities/moves that haven't been released or confirmed, you can use the already existing Primal Reversion thread thread. In the future before creating a new thread, check the section you're posting it in to see if there's not a thread just like it already.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back