• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
Years
  • Joey Styles: In case you didn't notice, you just lost the fight - to a bunch of out-of-shape wrestlers. You wanna watch bodybuilders wrestle? Go tune in on Monday night!
    Eric Bischoff: A couple more would've knocked the hell out of them, I've been wanting to do that for a long time.
    Joey Styles: You wanna do it because you couldn't buy me out, 'cause I didn't answer your eight phone calls!

Welcome to Thread III! I wanted to start it off nice and classy.

Just to start off the new thread in a right way...

* Change the channel!, chanted at TV tapings, this chant is used during a match or story angle that is deemed unacceptable by the audience.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Shane McMahon Finishes with WWE and Cashes In 60K Shares of Stock for Big Bucks
    By Marc Middleton

Partial source: PWTorch.com Newsletter

- Shane McMahon is officially gone from WWE as of yesterday, January 1st, 2010. McMahon announced his resignation from WWE back in October of last year.

According to WWE's latest SEC filings, Shane still owns 43,449 shares of stock in the company. A few weeks ago on December 17th, Shane cashed in 60,000 shares for $897,000 in gross proceeds. He also exercised his stock options to acquire 60,000 shares priced between $12.94 and $13.45 per share.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • i actually tuned into TNA tonight to see Hogan and then I see Ric Flair and Jeff Hardy the ass pits of "retirement" and drugs. I know I've been out of this show for a few weeks but I didn't think I mised this much.

Raw also seems interesting but I've yet to actually tune into watch it as of yet.

The Fiesta Bowl, yeah I watch football, I think will be better than the BCS Championship. Really, I do. I honestly believe that Texas has no chance against Alabama because Defense beats Offense almost everytime. That's why I think TCU will win tonight as well though putting Boise St. and TCU in the same bowl game is a bunch of crap.

Anyway back to wrestling, Sting being up in the rafters is actually scaring me. What the hell is he doing up there? Damn it, I really need to start watching this show again.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Bah, DX versus Jericho and Big Show? I feel like I've watched this episode before. Let's switch over to some football now. I laugh at the "Moutain West above the rest" commercial since that's so not true since they're probably only better than Conference USA since that conference only has Houston. Boise St. is winning though but who cares? Back to that other show, Eric confronting Styles? I guess I'll keep it here for a while.

Styles vs. Angle? I might watch it. McMahon & Hart? Too hard not to choose WWE here.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • The Angle vs. Styles match might be one of the better ones in awhile so far. Don't know if they'll get 5 star rating, but its pretty damn close.

ash k.

professional spider smasher
    Years
  • i wonder who won the little competetion TNA was having with raw. they bet that they would get more viewers then raw when they introduced hulk hogan to TNA. nice move, however, raw came back with bret "the hitman" hart.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ash k. said:
    i wonder who won the little competetion TNA was having with raw. they bet that they would get more viewers then raw when they introduced hulk hogan to TNA. nice move, however, raw came back with bret "the hitman" hart.

Raw probably won due to sheer number.

Anyway, I watched the Raw finale rather than the Other dur to Orton vs. Kofi making me more interested in it than Styles vs. Angle. Though, I do wonder who the man with the mask was.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Raw probably won due to sheer number.

Anyway, I watched the Raw finale rather than the Other dur to Orton vs. Kofi making me more interested in it than Styles vs. Angle. Though, I do wonder who the man with the mask was.

You skipped a possible 5 star match for another Orton match? Yikes.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • More Details on the RAW Rating from Last Night with Bret Hart's WWE Return
    By Marc Middleton

- Last night's episode of Monday Night RAW with the return of Bret Hart averaged 5.60 million viewers, making it the largest RAW viewing audience since the show on August 24th, 2009, the night after the SummerSlam pay-per-view.

This week's show drew a 3.37 rating in the key demographic, males 18-49. This was RAW's highest M18-49 rating since the commercial-free RAW on June 22nd, 2009.

TNA iMPACT Ratings Breakdown - Company History Made on Monday Night
    By Marc Middleton

- The first hour of last night's three-hour TNA iMPACT scored a 1.69 rating with 2.5 million viewers, making it the most-watched hour of TV in TNA history.

The second hour slipped to a 1.44 rating but featured the most-watched 15 minutes in TNA history with a 1.88 quarter-hour rating for Hulk Hogan's debut at 9PM EST, head-to-head with Bret Hart's return on WWE's RAW.

The least-watched segment of the show came at the end of the second hour with a 1.16 quarter-hour rating with the Pope vs. Wolfe match and AJ Styles interview. This segment went up against the DX vs. JeriShow match on RAW.

The third hour of iMPACT dropped to a 1.22 rating. The range of quarter-hour ratings was between 1.17 and 1.30. The third hour peaked in the final 15 minutes of the show with a 1.30 rating. This was the end of Angle vs. Styles and the Foley beatdown from Hall, Nash and Sean Waltman with Hogan watching.

Further News On Bret Hart and Last Night's RAW

By Amish Patel

Source: PWInsider.com

-- Bret Hart was at RAW last night with his girlfriend. He spent a lot of time introducing himself to the locker room, since Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Mark Henry were the only superstars on the roster since his last stint in the company.

Although The Hart Dynasty were brought in for the show, there were never plans to use them, and they were there as trusted and known faces to Hart.

Hart stayed at the same hotel as the rest of the WWE crew and spent over an hour signing and taking photos for fans in the lobby.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • mewthree w/armor said:
    You skipped a possible 5 star match for another Orton match? Yikes.

I can't resist Orton's matches for some reason. He's too damn good to miss in a fading WWE.

~Bloodex. said:
    Someone, PLEASE tell me what happened on Raw. I must know, with Bet Hart and all. ^_^

Bret Hart was kicked in the balls and his father is going into the Hall of Fame, allegedly.

As I expected though, Flagship beat the Other in ratings.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • So Jeff Hardy decided to go to TNA again? I wonder what Vince McMahon's reaction was?

Can someone explain to me why Chris Jericho is going to confront Mike Tyson next week even after being banned on Raw?

And why is there a new Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread?

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • So Jeff Hardy decided to go to TNA again? I wonder what Vince McMahon's reaction was?

Can someone explain to me why Chris Jericho is going to confront Mike Tyson next week even after being banned on Raw?

And why is there a new Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread?

Hardy...no one knows at all. But he is facing serious drug charges down in North Carolina.

Jericho: Because individual brands in the WWE are a thing of the past, now just a joke

New Thread: We hit the 1000th post in the old one, last time we reset was 1000 posts. Keeps the thread manageable.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Yeah, I sure hope he returns.

I also remember reading something about a possible John Cena vs. The Rock match at WM XXVI, could this be true?

That I don't know.

There's also talk of Edge coming back soon, maybe Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania. The injury he had (fully torn Achilles tendon) was possibly the most serious one you can have along with a neck injury, and I would hope he's taking his time getting back.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • estebanort77 said:
    I wonder what Vince McMahon's reaction was?

He probably didn't care because Jeff Hardy is a drug addict and as a result wouldn't care. Period. If anything, he's probably laughing his ass of at Other for actually picking him up.

Back