• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
    Don't get me wrong; John Cena vs Chris Jericho will be a really good match, I just hate John Cena. And as for your options I would rather see something different, we've already seen Cena vs Jericho for the WWE Championship and Batista vs Jericho for the World Championship I'd rather see Jericho vs Mysterio or even an Elimination Chamber (Jericho, Mysterio, Kane, Batista, JBL, Cena) then at least Cena has a chance to lose... We all know he's going to win. :(

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    SPOILER WARNING!!!

WWE News: Update On Joey Styles Punching Out JBL In Iraq

As we reported yesterday, there was a major backstage altercation that took place between former ECW announcer Joey Styles and former WWE Champion John Bradshaw Layfield while WWE was overseas in Iraq over the weekend. There are new details on the actual scuffle that took place between the two.

JBL is known for being a lockerroom bully and he was giving it to Joey Styles all week. Over the weekend, Styles had enough and got in JBL's face. Several WWE employees jumped in to break it up and JBL, who had been drinking, broke free. He then charged at Styles, who punched him right in the face and knocked him down. JBL ended up with a black eye and a cut under his eye, which were somewhat visible on Monday's RAW. JBL wore heavy make-up during the broadcast and tilted his cowboy hat down a bit to conceal his face. JBL spent most of Monday night by himself in the locker room, being very quiet and spending most of his time on his Blackberry phone.

Apparently there were a number of different things that JBL did to Styles during the course of the Iraq tour, all of which would have set a normal person off. Some of JBL's hazing was verbal and some was physical.

In a related note, there is an unwritten rule among WWE superstars that anybody who falls alseep on the airplane en route to an overseas tour is subject to pranks. It was reported last week that WWE ring announcer Lillian Garcia fell asleep on the way to Iraq and JBL dumped a bucket of ice on her.

-------------------------------------------------
    I love Joey Styles.

CAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FIIIGHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    It's about time. But that it's Joey Styles who did it, is plain hilarious.

Why is John Frickin' Cena champ again? Have the wrestling fans not made clear that John Cena simply isn't good enough to be on top of the mountain again (emphasis on the last word)?

He uses a limited array of moves and every move is a watered down version of a move a million people could do better.

FU: Death Valley Bomb (Etsuki Mita)
    STFU: Stepover Toehold Facelock (or STF for short) < Regal Stretch
    Five Knuckle Shuffle ... or fist drop < Ted DiBiase sr's Fist drop

His execution of moves is ridiculous. It's like he's been drinking starch before every match he does. I used to like his mic handling, but since his return, he's only delivered generic, random banter. He can sell a move though ...

The main event scene in WWE has only 3 good stars for the moment and that's Y2J, Edge and Taker. Oh how I miss the attitude era.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    SPOILER WARNING!!!

WWE News: Update On Joey Styles Punching Out JBL In Iraq

As we reported yesterday, there was a major backstage altercation that took place between former ECW announcer Joey Styles and former WWE Champion John Bradshaw Layfield while WWE was overseas in Iraq over the weekend. There are new details on the actual scuffle that took place between the two.

JBL is known for being a lockerroom bully and he was giving it to Joey Styles all week. Over the weekend, Styles had enough and got in JBL's face. Several WWE employees jumped in to break it up and JBL, who had been drinking, broke free. He then charged at Styles, who punched him right in the face and knocked him down. JBL ended up with a black eye and a cut under his eye, which were somewhat visible on Monday's RAW. JBL wore heavy make-up during the broadcast and tilted his cowboy hat down a bit to conceal his face. JBL spent most of Monday night by himself in the locker room, being very quiet and spending most of his time on his Blackberry phone.

Apparently there were a number of different things that JBL did to Styles during the course of the Iraq tour, all of which would have set a normal person off. Some of JBL's hazing was verbal and some was physical.

In a related note, there is an unwritten rule among WWE superstars that anybody who falls alseep on the airplane en route to an overseas tour is subject to pranks. It was reported last week that WWE ring announcer Lillian Garcia fell asleep on the way to Iraq and JBL dumped a bucket of ice on her.

-------------------------------------------------
    I love Joey Styles.

CAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FIIIGHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Here I thought that JBL was tough and everything. I'm deeply ashamed due to the fact that I have no respect for Styles and I support JBL to beat up on any of the weaker superstars just for fun.

Horizon said:
    I guess Cena is champ again because, from what I can gather, he is somewhat popular.

And I know I'm thinking quite far ahead here, but I'm sure Taker will win the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 25 and then lose it within a month.

I heard that he really isn't popular in Canada. Anyway, I was thinking that Taker would just get into a rivalry with someone and end up fighting a special match.

Delirious said:
    The main event scene in WWE has only 3 good stars for the moment and that's Y2J, Edge and Taker. Oh how I miss the attitude era.

I wouldn't consider Edge to be in the Top 3 at all. Especially seeing his more recent championships have been give aways by some person that I love to hate.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Edge's last title reigns being giveaways doesn't take anything away from his level of skill when it comes to in ring work or mic work. He's been a big time player for quite a long time now and the fact is that he's universally despised by the younger marks.

Anyone else happy Goldust is back full time? Beats Black Reign any given day =)

Max_Damage39

Years
    WHEN IS ARMAGGEDON!!!!! Is it this week or next????

It's this week.

It's about time they let Snitsky go. He hasn't done anything of importance since his feud with Kane ended. Which makes me think; Why haven't they released Funaki yet? He won his first match in over 4 years a few weeks ago and has only just started being used again, yet during the time he wasn't used he didn't get released...

I am so glad Jericho won the Superstar of the Year award. If Cena had won it I would have freaked and probably would've killed someone... Jericho deserved it.

"But..." you might say "John Cena deserves it too." Well I have some points to show you that Cena does NOT deserve to be Superstar of the Year.

1. He's been injured for 1/3rd of the year.

2. He uses a freaking firemans carry as a finisher O_O.

3. Sure, he won the Royal Rumble, but he ruined the Rumble tradition by facing Orton at No Way Out instead. And not only that, he got a rematch at WrestleMania and lost that match too, making him the first person to win the Rumble but not win at WrestleMania since Mr. McMahon in 1999.

I could go on about the other nominees but I really REALLY hate Cena so I'll just stop here.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Edge's last title reigns being giveaways doesn't take anything away from his level of skill when it comes to in ring work or mic work. He's been a big time player for quite a long time now and the fact is that he's universally despised by the younger marks.

I'm not going to take away that he has skill. I'm just saying that his methods are a bit iffy and that's why I don't put him there.

Anyone else happy Goldust is back full time? Beats Black Reign any given day =)

I needed some entertainment after Santino. I mean, I find him kind of boring these days.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    News:

"Details On New WWE TV Show Coming To WGN

WWE and WGN America, based out of Chicago, Illinois, announced today a new TV show, WWE Superstars, taking the name of the former syndicated show.

The show is scheduled to debut as a one-hour prime time show in April on WGN America. The time slot was not announced, nor was the format announced.

The original version of the show ran from 1986 until 2001. It was the flagship show until the debut of Monday Night Raw in 1993."

https://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/details-on-new-wwe-tv-show-coming-to-wgn.php

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    source: PWInsider.com

SmackDown star Ron "R-Truth" Killings was detained at the Canadian border upon his arrival in Toronto this morning.

Killings was refused entry into the Canada and sent home as a result. He obviously won't be appearing at tonight's Raw/SmackDown television taping in Toronto.

Max_Damage39

Years
    Going to wrestlemania this year:
    Be jealous.

DAMN YOU

WWE and WGN America, based out of Chicago, Illinois, announced today a new TV show, WWE Superstars, taking the name of the former syndicated show.

What exactly IS Superstars? I remember watching it 10/11 years ago and from what I can remember it's basically the same as Afterburn.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

Spoiler:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

Spoiler:

That's a real shame. I'll miss him during WrestleMania even though he got on my nerves several times. Of course, now that elimanates him from my who's-going-to-win-the-Royal-Rumble question but I have hope.

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    What was with Kane on Monday night RAW? I did't catch that part.
    Is he after another girl? I hope this isn't a repeat story. ><;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back