• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    ya i guess you're right booker-t should retire like what his brother stevie ray did or following lescner to NJPW

See now Lesnar should come back I think. He's too young and talented to be wrestling in a small market like NJPW

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    See now Lesnar should come back I think. He's too young and talented to be wrestling in a small market like NJPW

NJPW (New Japan Pro Wrestling) is quite huge and is one of the biggest promotions in the world. Are you thinking about Jersey All Pro Wrestling possibly instead?

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Cool a wrestling thread! ^^
    There is nothing wrong with girls liking wrestling, right? :X Cuz I love it. I'm wearing my John Cena shirt today right now! ~

My favorite wrestlers since I was little was the Hardy Boyz, and I had a huge crush on Jeff. I kinda stopped watching wrestling after he left, and I started watching it again when he came back. And ... I came to find out whatever the hell happened to Booker-T? I hate this 'King Booker-ness' now.

Brock Lesnar? I remember him! Yes, he should come back!

TWOFACE

Years
    now i'm sure that JBL will be te guest referee speacially after Batista's spear but i want Austin to be the Ref atleast we'll see a beer bash after the match and a stunner for Marrella

Last edited:

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    Cool a wrestling thread! ^^
    There is nothing wrong with girls liking wrestling, right? :X Cuz I love it. I'm wearing my John Cena shirt today right now! ~

My favorite wrestlers since I was little was the Hardy Boyz, and I had a huge crush on Jeff. I kinda stopped watching wrestling after he left, and I started watching it again when he came back. And ... I came to find out whatever the hell happened to Booker-T? I hate this 'King Booker-ness' now.

Brock Lesnar? I remember him! Yes, he should come back!
    No there's nothing wrong with girls liking wrestling, I think it's cool if a girl likes wrestling!
    yea Hardy Boyz are cool n Brock Lesnar is wrestling but not in WWE

TWOFACE

Years
    he wrestles at NJPW and i think he's the heavy weight champion there, i also saw a match 4 kurt angle wrestling there in a tagteam match against the A-train (Albert)

_

Last edited:

wolfie1177

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    NJPW (New Japan Pro Wrestling) is quite huge and is one of the biggest promotions in the world. Are you thinking about Jersey All Pro Wrestling possibly instead?

Nah, I know about JAPW (since I'm from Jersey maself)

I guess I don't think it's a "small market" persay, but it's not nearly as big of a stage as WWE or TNA, where Lesnar should be. I think the biggest issue with him possibly signing with a major company is that he has an MMA career now too and needs to sign a deal where he could balance the two out.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Although it probably won't happen, I'd like to see The Rock take a break from acting and return to the ring. I was a big fan of his when I was younger, and good ol' Rock himself is still only 35, three years younger than Batista.

It'd be nice if he re-ignited his old rivalry with 3:16, but I wouldn't want him to make his comeback as a heel.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Site note: Did anyone see TNA Bound for Glory? I just got to watch it and it mighta been one of the best wrestling PPV's this year. Samoa Joe vs. Cage was a great match, and so was Sting vs. Angle.

Also, what do you think of the current ratings situation in WWE. Ratings are down on RAW. Bad. ECW is probably not going to be renewed. Smackdown is holding its own. What would you do to change? Or would you not?

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    They should close down ECW, and have a cool draft for the ECW superstars to see what show they should go.
    WWE needs to improve there storylines big time! thats wuts holding them down also.
    I think they should intorduce a new fraction(wich should be heel), not a come back(like DX, nWo, etc).

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Since that new deal as been anounced between Estrada and Vickie Gurrero, I think that ECW and SmackDown! are gonna merge together, and combine the ECW Title with the World Heavyweight Championship. Or if they want ECW to last, give them a bigger roster, a second title (ECW Television Championship, anyone?) and a Tag Team Title.

Ratings are possibly down on RAW due to the absense of Cena. We need a deep, in-depth storyline like the ones we used to see in the old days. At the moment all we've got is HHH vs. Umaga and Vince, and HBK vs. RKO. I say they get 3:16 involved again if he's picked as the ref at Cyber Sunday. He's still officially a member of the RAW roster, and he's arguably the most popular superstar in the business.

As for the SmackDown side of things, the main rivalry is Matt vs. MVP, which is getting a tad boring tight now for me. Although we have got the comeback of Edge to look forward to, round about at Survivor Series.

My Cyber Sunday Card:

WWE Championship Match: Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy. My logic behind this is, despite being a big fan of Jeff myself, he's one of the most popular guys out there right now, and a popular champion can only be good for Vince's ratings. I won't expect HBK to be too far away from that ring though... Jeff wins by pinfall, after unseen interference from HBK.

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Steve Austin as the Guest Referee. Austin as the ref would make this interesting, and all together a better match. Batista is looking strong right now, and has had impressive victories over Khali, but I feel that Undertaker will have more desire to regain his title after he unfairly lost it to Edge. Undertaker wins after a Tombstone Piledriver.

ECW Championship Match: CM Punk vs. John Morrison. Over in the UK, we don't see much of ECW, but from what I've gathered, Morrison is on the up, and is a pretty popular guy over there, but Punk will have more in the tank. Punk will retain title.

HHH vs. Umaga: Street Fight. The Rampaging Samoan will have a point to prove, especially if he's let loose with the weapons he could get his hands on in a Street Fight. HHH is deft with a Sledgehammer, and the crowd will definitely be on his side. This one is gonna be tight, and could go either way, but I think The Game will take it by a whisker. HHH to win, just.

Matt Hardy vs. MVP: Boxing Match. The cockyness and arrogance of Porter will get the better of him in this one. Matt will be focused and ready. Matt to win.

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay, Stretcher Match. Finlay loves to fight, and he has the edge in strength, but Mysterio's vastly superior speed will aid him significantly in this one, even more so if it's a Shileilagh on a Pole match. 619 will reign supreme.

Last edited:

wolfie1177

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Site note: Did anyone see TNA Bound for Glory? I just got to watch it and it mighta been one of the best wrestling PPV's this year. Samoa Joe vs. Cage was a great match, and so was Sting vs. Angle.

Also, what do you think of the current ratings situation in WWE. Ratings are down on RAW. Bad. ECW is probably not going to be renewed. Smackdown is holding its own. What would you do to change? Or would you not?

Dude, BFG was the best PPV I've seen in a long time. Sting v. Angle was great and same with Joe v. Christian. I also really liked Ultimate X. That spot off of the top of the structure by Skipper was insane! Oh and Monster's Ball was crazzzzzzzzy. When Raven got black hole slammed on the tacks and glass I almost pissed my pants, it was ridiculous. Oh and AJ and Tomko v Creed and Killings was a great match too (dare I say, "phenomenal"). It was good to see the old AJ back. I could go on about the other matches, but then I would basically be going over the whole card. But overall it was 10x better than any WWE show I've seen in a while and the best TNA show of the year.

As far as the ratings, I don't see any real panic situation. I mean, WWE is essentially all on its own as far as ratings because TNA isn't even beating ECW some weeks. And speaking of ECW, I kinda hope that they discontinue it. They're basically ruining the legacy of ECW and what it'll be remembered for.

Oh, and here's how I see the Cyber Sunday card:

WWE Title: Orton v. Michaels in a very very very close vote. My guess is about 37% Michaels, 33% Hardy and 30% Kennedy. Unfortunately, Orton retains.

WHT: Taker v. Batista w/ Foley as ref. I pick Foley to win this vote in an upset, just because he's so awesome. Undertaker wins, since he had to vacate his title last time due to injury.

Umaga v. HHH in a street fight. I'm half tempted to say cage match, but it'll be a street fight. And H will win, obviously.

ECW: Punk v. Morrison. Let's face it, nobody wants to see Punk v. BDV again, and nobody wants to see The Miz period. Punk retains.

Mysterio v. Finlay in a stretcher match. I mean, c'mon. No DQ? Lame. Shillelagh on a pole? Is that even a match? Finlay wins brutally.

Hardy v. MVP in an MMA match. I am kind of doubting this happening, but I really hope it's an MMA. I mean, seeing Matt Hardy get his face punched in? Priceless. I pick MVP for the win regardless of the stip.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2007
    Bring back The Rock and Stone Cold... Triple H owns, John Cenas alright, Undertaker is badass aswell, but uh.... no ones better then Goldust =)

wolfie1177

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Bring back The Rock and Stone Cold... Triple H owns, John Cenas alright, Undertaker is badass aswell, but uh.... no ones better then Goldust =)

Hey, that's "Black Reign" now!

I had to post this funny thing that jsut happened to me. I was voting for CC, and all set to vote Foley as the guest ref. And then, the last 3 numbers of my confirmation number were 316. So I voted for Austin.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    Randy Orton vs HBK (looks pretty obvious)
    Batista vs The Undertaker (guest referee guaranteed to be 3:16)
    CM Punk vs hmm hard one here probably John Morrison
    Triple H vs Umaga, street fight?
    Rey Mysterio vs Finlay, stretcher match I havent seen those in a while XD
    Matt Hardy vs MVP, I got a funny feeling it'll be a mixed martial arts match

I think you've pretty much exactly nailed it there. I hate how they claim Cyber Sunday's a choice but the choices are made so you are GOING to choose a certain one.

But yeah looks to be a good PPV. Can't wait to see another possible Stretcher Match

punisher

War Zone
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2007
    Hey, that's "Black Reign" now!

I had to post this funny thing that jsut happened to me. I was voting for CC, and all set to vote Foley as the guest ref. And then, the last 3 numbers of my confirmation number were 316. So I voted for Austin.
    ya stoncold> ill vote for him to >hell yeah

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Hope DX reunites after Cyber Sunday, and whats with the save_us, 2ndcoming video disturbance thing on Monday night RAW? signs of Y2J Chris Jericho coming back?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back