• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I think Tozawa got injured and when he returned they decided to take him out of the group as WWE were taking the cruiserweights in a different direction. It's a shame as Titus' group really helped Tozawa.

Reportedly Paige is said to be retiring due to a neck injury. 25 is far too young to retire.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Lord, she's only 25? I was under the assumption she would at least be 30.

Years
She's been wrestling since she was 14, so even if she had to retire, a decade-plus career, including 5 years in WWE, multiple title reigns, and now a feature film being made about her and her family is pretty impressive. She still showed up on Raw this Monday and is downplaying reports about the injury, so who knows what her future holds.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I feel like she will still be with WWE for a while in some fashion, as she got back only a couple of weeks ago.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
With the Royal Rumble ever closer...

Anyone feel like discussing our hopes/possibilities for this year's 'surprise entrants'?

These happen every year and make the Royal Rumble more exciting and intriguing. Another reason why it's my favorite match.

Not only that, there are 2 Rumble Matches this year so we get 2 times the surprise entrants (sort of)

I'm can't think of anyone for the men's Rumble honestly. Maybe some more TNA ship jumpers? lol. I actually just read recently on CageSideSeats that Bobby Lashley quit the sinking ship so maybe him? Can't think of anyone else honestly.

As for the women's Rumble... I already know who I want as a 'surprise entrant.'

Which would be... Awesome Kong/Kharma. She had the shortest WWE run ever (as far as I remember) and it was just unfortunate. I'd like to see her in the women's Royal Rumble. LET'S SEE NIA JAX BEAT HER UP. lol. She can't. AND THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. :P

Oh well. Just another pipe dream probably. ;-;

What are your guys' hopes/possibilities for this year's 'surprise entrants'?

P.S.: Yes I'm already aware that I'll probably have to change my signature AGAIN after next week. Which... is really infuriating if I'm to be even more honest. If they're going to give that talentless hack the title back then they really shouldn't have gave it to Reigns in the first place. BUT HEY WHAT DO I KNOW.

Oh well. THEY SHOULD MAKE UP FOR IT BY HAVING HIM WIN THE RUMBLE AGAIN. WHAT'S THAT? HE'LL GET BOOED AGAIN?

I could care less.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For the men's match, one of my choices are Ziggler. Next is Roode. Not too sure on women's.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

If Kharma does appear in the Royal Rumble then Nia Jax absolutely should eliminate her. Nia Jax could do with a big moment of sorts to look strong as she loses a lot more than she should.

Surprise Entrants predictions:

Candice LeRae
Beth Phoenix (Let's have some Beth and Natalya interaction please WWE)
Victoria
Lita
A few from NXT (Which I rarely watch)
Nikki Bella

I could see Trish Stratus appearing too but I'm not sure WWE would bring her back to lose.

Winner Prediction: Nikki Bella last eliminating Asuka

Mens Rumble Surprise Entrant Predictions

Johnny Gargano
Aleister Black
Christian
Mick Foley
Shane Mcmahon

Winner Prediction - Roman Reigns last eliminating Jason Jordan

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There might be a deal between NJPW, by the way. If there is, Jericho and Omega entering for a face-off (perhaps eliminating each other) would be feasible; then a WK rematch at WM.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
@LilyGardy

I'm not sure I would really like that. However, as long as she's in the Rumble, that would probably be good enough for me.

Because her original WWE run was far too short and she deserves a second chance.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
@LilyGardy

I'm not sure I would really like that. However, as long as she's in the Rumble, that would probably be good enough for me.

Because her original WWE run was far too short and she deserves a second chance.

Kharma is 40 now which is very old for a female Superstar. WWE already have a 'big' in Nia Jax who is several years younger. Tamina sort of counts too although she doesn't have the size of Nia Jax.

I can see a Kharma return in the Rumble but it being a one night thing with Nia eliminating her.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Kharma is 40 now which is very old for a female Superstar. WWE already have a 'big' in Nia Jax who is several years younger. Tamina sort of counts too although she doesn't have the size of Nia Jax.

I can see a Kharma return in the Rumble but it being a one night thing with Nia eliminating her.

You could say the same thing for all the women coming back for today's 25th anniversary of Raw and there's already speculation abound that some of them may be announcing their intention to enter the Women's Royal Rumble.

Those of course being...

Nikki and Brie Bella
Jacqueline
Trish Stratus
Michelle McCool
Kelly Kelly
Tori Wilson

I'm not saying your wrong though. As I stated previously, if I see Kharma in the women's Rumble, that would probably be good enough for me.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
With the 2018 Royal Rumble tomorrow...

Here's who I want to win and who I think will win the 2 Rumble matches:

Men's 2018 Royal Rumble:

Who I want to win: Roman Reigns

Who I think will win: I have no idea

Women's 2018 Royal Rumble:

Who I want to win: Sasha Banks, Bayley, or Becky Lynch

Who I think will win: Ronda Rousey >:-(

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Here's who I think will win the two Rumble matches and who I want to win:

Mens

Who I want to win: Jason Jordan or Finn Balor

Who I think will win: Roman Reigns

Women's

Who I want to win: Sasha Banks, Natalya or Nia Jax

Who I think will win: Asuka : (

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Omega has just left Bullet Club over at NJPW; hoping that he is there at Rumble.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Fun couple of Rumble matches but none of the title matches really did it for me.

Not many returns in the Rumble but it was good fun overall. Right person won here I think.

Very surprised the women's Rumble main evented but for me it was the more enjoyable Rumble for me.

Asuka is still really boring to me but I'm not going to view the Women's Rumble as a bad match because I didn't like the winner. Nia, Sasha and perhaps surprisingly Natalya were both made to look strong and it was really nice to see the likes of Beth and Michelle again.

Last edited:
Back