• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Problem trading with r/s

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2004
    I have fixed the machine on Island 1, and beat the elite four for the second time around. Today I tried to trade over some eevees to a friends ruby and it wouldn't go past the waiting screen...is there a simple answer for this? I couldn't find a similar post and none of the walkthroughs helped in my dilemma! SAVE ME...i want my umbreon and espeon!

Years
    I too have had this problem, but we thought it was the link cable... i second this question because i need help on it too =D

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Neishia_666 said:
    I have fixed the machine on Island 1, and beat the elite four for the second time around. Today I tried to trade over some eevees to a friends ruby and it wouldn't go past the waiting screen...is there a simple answer for this? I couldn't find a similar post and none of the walkthroughs helped in my dilemma! SAVE ME...i want my umbreon and espeon!
    Check your cable, even if it is broken a little bit, then get a new cable. i broke the insulation on one of mine and it quit working totally so i had to buy a new cable. make sure that the metal contacts on the cable arent rusted, i once dropped a cable in water, it worked one more time then it quit. also check the metal contacts on the gameboy if they are rusted then you are out of luck.

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    or just go get the fems really and if it doesn't work get a new cablt wowlook how muc i said in such lil words lol ok if it doesn't work then can't help then lol

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
    That's too bad. :(

I would try to clean the contacts a little, but sometimes that can do more harm than good. Have you used any hacking devices that might have corrupted your data? I ruined my TM case yesterday.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Merron said:
    That's too bad. :(

I would try to clean the contacts a little, but sometimes that can do more harm than good. Have you used any hacking devices that might have corrupted your data? I ruined my TM case yesterday.
    i did that back when i hade one and i had to start a new game to get rid of it, that may be the trouble...

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2004
    I haven't hacked the game in anyway, or used any cheating devices. My cable is slightly old. Though I don't want to go drop cash when it may not work. My problem isnt in the game either because I have everything accomplished. My cable worked when I was transferring between older versions and using a new gb. So I think I'll borrow a new link cable if that doesn't work than well...I'll be pissed due to running out of options.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    It happened to me also, and I have to reset my game, I though that was because I used an AR, but now I see that it`s not.

Maybe it`s a glitch or something.

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
    Years
    ok this may sound VERY obvious but its not been said so here goes:

you can only trade between advanced gen games (Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg) if you actually use an ADVANCED GAMEBOY CABLE not one that you used to trade with R/B/Y/G/S/C (ie: not the color/pocket gameboy cable)

i know this may sound VERY simple but ive seen people try and fail with these cables.

if all else fail go to your local store and get a new one..if it dont work then get a refund cos it dont work :)

Jaws....

Back