• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Problem with Stick Drift

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Okay, I'm not sure if this is a problem with the game or the controller, but I think that's what it's called, the joystick "dirfting" when I let go of it, and it is getting annoying.

I hear this is a common problem. Anyone know a good way to fix this?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's the controller. Nintendo will repair them for free (this [URL="https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Contact/Repairs/Joy-Con-1910051.html"]link[/URL] is to the UK site).

There are also third-party suppliers making kits to fit replacement joy-cons using a different technology that shouldn't get drift [URL="https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/22/23566353/switch-joy-con-drift-solution-nintendo-gulikit"]link[/URL]. But if you can get a free repair from Nintendo, go for that first.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    You can also try to recalibrate the joycon or update them which will sometimes improve the Joycon Drift.
    I know you can send them to Nintendo and they will replace them, but you are gonna end up running into the same problem since they are made from the same thing.

Other, more expensive ways, buy a Lite which I think completely eliminates the drift, but you cannot play in docked mode. Or buy newer controllers which are made slightly better in my opinion. From what I've seen, it tends to be the basic joycons red and blue that are more likely to get drift.

You can also buy a pro controller, some are expensive, but there are some for around $15 to $25 and are wired, so you can't play handheld mode.

Back