• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Problems with 'Dynamic Overworld Palette System'

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2021
    EDIT:
    Okay so now this is a bit embarrassing...
    Seemingly the only problem was that I had the whole plane set on 'Elevation Level 4' (where Level 3 would be the standard).
    After changing everything to Level 3 again every tile worked fine again.
    So I guess the weather effect looks exactly how it should look?...
    (Like...does the player practically 'walk' on the fog effect? That, I am still unsure about tbqh...)

After installing the 'Dynamic Overworld Palette System' from this link here: https://github.com/Xhyzi/pokeemerald/tree/dynamic-overworld-palettes (as suggested by Jaizu) I could fix most problems.
    A persisting one however is this:
    Messed up Player Sprite Priority
    The Player is drawn in front of tiles, no matter what layer type.
    Problems with 'Dynamic Overworld Palette System'

This also goes for Weather Effects.

Is this normal behaviour? I can't put my finger on how to fix this problem...
    If anyone can help me out with this or has an idea on what went wrong I'd really appreciate the help!

(Old Post)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2021
    Thx so much for the link!
    Everything seems to work fine now except the sprite priority is still messed up.
    Is there any way to fix it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2021
    also...
    These started to appear in my compiler again:
    Spoiler:

The weird thing is that they didn't appear when I compiled the game twice yesterday... I didn't change anything since than besides working on a map in Porymap and save the changes.
    Tbh I don't even know what exactly happens here... I'm just worried.

Last edited:

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Hi, that has nothing to do with the palette system and that's not an error at all, it just changes an HEX value when compiling, for me it happens for example when I put empty hidden items.
    Code:
    data/maps/Lago_Seta/events.inc:11: Warning: value 0xfffffffffffffe0d truncated to 0xd
    data/maps/Lago_Seta/events.inc:12: Warning: value 0xfffffffffffffe0d truncated to 0xd
    data/maps/Lago_Seta/events.inc:13: Warning: value 0xfffffffffffffe0d truncated to 0xd
    data/maps/Lago_Seta/events.inc:14: Warning: value 0xfffffffffffffe0d truncated to 0xd

I'm pretty sure there is people that can give you a way better explanation that I did, but tldr: don't even worry.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2021
    Ah right... Thx x)

I started to suspect something like that as it stopped showing up & sometimes re-appeared.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2021
    I still struggle with sprite priority though...
    The player is always drawn in front of everything except when I walk under a bridge.
    (Always as in: it doesn't matter what layer type I put in, the player isn't covered by any tile,that also goes for weather effects)

If anyone can help me with this I'd be very grateful.
    I can somewhat imagine mapping with the problem in mind and avoiding it during design...but I hope there's another way.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    I'm experiencing this exact issue. Were you ever able to solve this @radicalradish ??

Back