• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problems with PPRE

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2020
    After editing wild encounter data on PPRE, when I go to the Apricorn Guy's house and the script starts where he opens the door, my game freezes and momentarily crashes. Does anyone know a way around this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    PPRE's wild Pokemon editor is kinda buggy. Sometimes it adds random garbage to the ends of script files on the map you're editing, which breaks the game. You can fix this by replacing the script .narc with a clean one from an unedited ROM, or by fixing the corrupted script yourself.

If you want to avoid this in future, setup an extra copy of your ROM, edit the wild Pokemon in the copy, then copy the edited encounter data narc to your actual ROM. This way only the scripts in the copy will be corrupted. You could also look for another tool that can edit encounter data, though I'm not sure if there is one for HGSS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    SDSME edits encounter data.

Thank you,

SDSME has a few bugs with its encounter editor too unfortunately, it seemed to cause problems with surfing encounters when I used it with Platinum. It'd be a good idea to make sure it's working properly with HGSS before doing too much work on it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I know this thread is super dead but I had this exact same problem and I think I fixed it and wanted to talk about how for people who come after.

what buffel saft said, about copying the edited encounter data onto a clean rom, works perfectly, but they didn't give a lot of detail on how exactly to do this. Basically, you need to download a program called crystaltile2, which lets you crack open NDS roms. Click File -> Open and find your edited rom. Go to tools -> NDS file system, and then find the narc you're looking for based on this excellent plain text guide:

https://hirotdk.neocities.org/NARCTableHGSS.txt

For Heartgold, encounter data is at a/0/3/7, and in Soulsilver it's at a/1/3/6. Right click on the proper one, then hit export and save it somewhere you can find it later. Then do the same thing with your clean rom, except this time hit import instead of export and choose the data you exported earlier. This should work. Good luck out there.

Back