• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problems?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The only thing I don'T really like is that it does look like Hoenn for now... We just had ORAS, so I would like something different.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way... I felt bad saying it because when they're both tropical islands it's kind of obvious they'd feel similar... But still, when we just had ORAS it just feels a little too soon.

Years
    I don't really like the female's hat, I wish we can buy clothes and personalize our character, but this is not only because of the hat.
    And if the hat stays, oh well funny, a new meme.

The only thing I don'T really like is that it does look like Hoenn for now... We just had ORAS, so I would like something different.

I can stomach that hat, it's cute. But anyways, I'm sure Game Freak were doing a good job with the attention to detail of Hawaiian culture so I'm sure that will help separate it from Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't like how people are calling it "SuMo." It's SM. Nobody called them DiPe, just DP. Or ReBl, just RB. So that's definitely something I don't like.

Unless you're talking about problems within in the games themselves, in which case I have a major problem with those p r o t a g o n i s t d e s i g n s . . .

Nobody called them ReBl, GoSi, RuSa, DiPe or BlWh because none of them meant anything on their own.

SuMo is like Sumo, a fighting style. At least that's why I think people have become attached to the name.

So I don't think it's really fair to compare them.

But ReBl sounds like Rebel! That's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

And from what we know, these games have nothing to do with sumo. I just prefer the consistency!

That didn't stop anyone in gen 4...

I don't call it SuMo, and I will not call it SM or S&M because both mean the same thing. It wasn't as bad as DP as that could be searched fairly safely, but you'd literally be searching for Pokemon bondage with the other options depending on where you live. My German and Dutch friends complained about it being called SM for that reason. I for the most part will always spell them out as Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon or I will shorten it to SunMoon.

That is at least my take on it.

DP prolly has a bit more added to it now compared to when it first came out, so searching now probably gives you more naughty images than it would have before. Though searching S&M I almost want to guarantee you'll find Gardevoir r34 or something like it.

Searched both and DP. DP was completely safe for me, SM had a few suits and some of the trainer from the original series and his Pokemon wearing their training harnesses. S&M had a few things I cannot even talk about. Maybe after the games release it'll calm down, but ya, I will not use SM or S&M to refer to Sun and Moon.

Years
    My concern is that the games will be too easy, like X and Y were for me. A big reason for this was because of the way the EXP Share was set up. Yes, I know I could turn it off, but those games were still just too easy.

I want a challenge, honestly. I'm sure Pokemon can come through with one, but I feel as if they are keeping younger players in mind too much. Like others have said, lately the games kind of hold your hand while you progress. I hate that.

Back