• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Professions.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm completely undecided but right now I'm looking at something in teaching and education, possibly psychology and child development or guidance counseling.

Focusing on children right now, anyway you crack it.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    I'm actually going to study to be a doctor after I graduate high school...Then again I really do wanna be an animator and a voice actor. if only there was a way to do all 3...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I am a lawyer. I have been for the past three months, and we even had a seminar about 'professional responsibility', so I'm pretty sure it qualifies as a profession! To get there, I studied law at university, applied for a job then did professional training before starting a few months ago.

Having said that, I didn't always want to be a lawyer... in fact, in the grand scheme of things, it's a very recent change. From when I was really young, I wanted to be an actor. In particular, I wanted to be George of the Jungle from the eponymous film, and then realised there could be a career out of it. But that faded away when I was about 13, when I suddenly wanted to become a psychiatrist. For all the wrong reasons, but I had a real passion for that until about 17, when the whole law thing came in.

If I were to change, I'd really like to be a writer. Doesn't matter if it's fiction or non-fiction, TV or book or film or criticism or whatever. Writing just really interests me, but the complete lack of security scares me immensely. Maybe later in life I'll take a sabbatical and try and write something... but until then, I'll keep to the safe bosom of lady law.

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
    Years
    The professions I am interested in are becoming a biologist, any job in the art industry (expect for teaching art), a psychologist, a professional athlete, and an author.

I think that once I get to college/university, I would most likely double major in the majors that may lead to me getting some of my professions. I would most likely double major in studio art/biology, studio art/psychology, biology/psychology, studio art/creative writing, or any combo of the majors I would like to take. As for becoming a professional athlete, I am thinking of getting a scholarship in track and field.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Something dealing with finance, as that's what I have my degree in. It's relatively high paying and I get to play with numbers, which have always been my specialty. Sadly, said degree does not include a CPA, which I believe is really hindering my job prospects since most decent finance positions I've seen require a CPA... or 10+ years experience :/

Back