• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Programming languages you use?

Years
    Well, I've got a grasp on Visual Basic 2008, but I intend to learn C++ when I get the chance. Or maybe Java if I start using Linux more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2009
    some mac fan you are knowing your username is macintosh, boo! anyways, i can do C++, VB6, Cold Fusion, Python, Visual Basic.Net 2008 (i really hate the new .Net framework), and PHP.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020

I'm not a fan of Java on Linux, especially if for 32-bit (or 64-bit? I forget) systems it took them so much time to release JWS for that architecture. Syntax was taken in mind as well, and the fact that it is so slow is also a turn-off. :/

If you want to take advantage, I recommend learning Python. Many Linux applications are written in Python, as utilities are as well. Although many would disagree and just direct you to learn C/C++ instead.

if you're going to start using Linux, learn Python :3

<3

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I know VB6, VB.net 2008, Java, and Ruby.

I don't consider HTML to be a programming language, but I know that as well.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    The following are not programming languages:
    Visual C++
    HTML

Back