• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Alpha Fan [USERS NEEDED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    Seems interesting! I want to be an Alpha fan, but I don't have Red or Blue version, a friend of mine has Yellow version, does that count? I will borrow his Gameboy and Pokémon Yellow, if I can. Well, that's pretty much all.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    mmmmkay, done with my mono blue run. Now that I'm familiar with the map, I should be back on the Alpha Team in the morning. The map that I made is now complete with a list of every trainer I will be fighting, along with their pokemon. So now, I know when I can get away with only using a Potion instead of going to the Pokecenter. Am I going insane with this? You bet! Will this help us get the record? I hope so!!

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Lance, he has cool hair; no unevolved pokemon; Gyrados which does get hit super effective by dragon.

All in all, Lance is pwnpwn

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I have a question. Did the boy currently holding the record set that record using an emulator or a gameboy? Cause the VisualBoy Advance's speed-up button is ridiculously fast for GBC games. That might be what got him to beat the game so quickly.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I have a question. Did the boy currently holding the record set that record using an emulator or a gameboy? Cause the VisualBoy Advance's speed-up button is ridiculously fast for GBC games. That might be what got him to beat the game so quickly.

No, sadly emulators are not allowed, nor are glitches like the rare candy glitch to level Pokemon fast. He did it straight up, and we can too.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Oh, if emulators aren't allowed then I can't participate in this.

Ah well, good luck all!

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    I'd like to throw my hat in the ring...is Pokemon Yellow acceptable, or R/B only? (I'll bookmark this topic, and check it later. I have blue too, so...)

If Yellow, I'm in.

@ Synaesthesia: The speed-up option would also speed up the in-game time, making such a thing irrelevant.

Last edited:

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    EVERYBODY HOLD ON!!!

I'm back. From WDW. Epic Win for "it's a small world" ride. Tea Cups were good too, but the voice on the ride sounded nothing like Alice.

The point is...

I'M BACK!! So hold your horses and I'll answer your questions one at a time.

Darkmartio: In all technicality Yellow IS okay, but I prefer red or blue, because there are more events in Yellow, which will slow you down.

Nikorasu: I have no Idea what you are talking about. I think you should make sure this is the thread you wanted.

Myrrham: Thank you for answering the person above you(I don't have time to copy and paste the name) But the world record was not beat in emulator. But...

Synaesthesia: (there we go!) You CAN BY ALL MEANS USE AN EMULATOR!! I don't want you to, but if you absolutely have no other options, then that is fine by me. Since I am assuming you've disregarded this thread, I will be sure to notify you on your account.

SpawnHyuuga: Thank you for sharing your logic about the speed up. I was about to say the same thing. Since you've recquisitioned so nicely to use Yellow, I will allow it. But once more I prefer that all participants use Red/Blue for GameBoy. I do not wish for there to be Emulators, but once more if you've tried all other options you may.

Thank you all for your grandiose interest. If you wish to participate please say so. I look forward to beating this record with all of you!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Tom,

If we're going to beat this record, I think we'll have to do it in such a fashion that our times can be somewhat replicated. What I'm saying is that we're probably not going to shatter the record by some fluke. We'll have to have a strategy that we do every single run. What I'm doing right now is playing on emulator, trying to figure out the best things to do. I have a GBA and a copy of blue, but sometimes the start button doesn't work. So I'm probably going to end up doing both of them, and taking my better time.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Myrrham, think about it like this:

If I win the Super Bowl, do you think that is something I can do several times? I know you want it to be replicated, but it is way too complicated to do such. The randomness of the A.I., Wild Pokemon, and Moves is way too advanced to duplicate. It took me about 28 times (literally) before I defeated the Hoenn Elite 4.

Now there already is a strategy. Looking through some of the tips, you can see that we are saving a lot of time. The Prima Guide, lack of "Flash", Skipping entire sections of Kanto.

I am still very excited and hope to see more

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    Thanks, God! Bad news and good news:

Bad news: MY FRIEND Pokemon's Yellow IS in bad conditions, such as the imposibility to save and it freezes.

Good news: I could download an emulator!

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    I actually have ran through faster than that. :< But however, it was on an emulator. I don't know if there is a big difference. My final team was:

As simple as a LV53 Charizard, and 5 HM slaves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    I'm not in USA. I don't have a GBA

Which emulator should I download?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    Yes! I just now downloaded Pokemon Ruby, Red and Gold on the VBA! Thanks guys!

Back