• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Alpha Fan [USERS NEEDED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    Sure! Just for you! What's the record for Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal? And Ruby? We can beat those too!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Tom,

Just because I'm curious, how did you find this record? Is there any more information other than the fastest time beating blue version was 2:41?

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well to be completely honest...

I was in the bookstore one day, found the "Guiness Book of World Records 2009: Video Game Edition" And found the record time for some games. Pokemon Red/Blue was finished in 2 hours, and 41 Minutes by an Australian Boy, whose name I can't remember. The next time I go though, I will be sure to right down all possible information. They did not give much data.

Now on a different note...

I would like more of you to be posting your progress. This includes you Mondays suck. I was looking forward to your further posts but you haven't posted for a while now. Myrrham, I'd like to hear more of your progress as well. Thank you all for your hardwork and dedication.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Lol, interesting way to come across this whole project ;)

And yeah, I should be active again, I was actually doing one of my like 12 challenges that I signed up for (Sapphire mono: water) but I just finished, and next on my list was more Alpha Fan! I've been working really hard on beginning to Brock, now I'm going to start working from Brock to Misty. Since I'm trying to start with Charmander, if I can only get past these two gyms, I should be good to go. So far, my best time from start to Brock was 20 minutes, almost twice that of the other Alpha Fan that posted his time, but again, that's pretty reasonable, as I'm starting with a Charmander and will have a much easier time after the first two badges (dig on surge, flamethrower on erika, power through sabrina with earthquake, earthquake and psychic on koga, surf and earthquake on blaine, surf and psychic on giovanni). So, while this time is worse than that of the best Squirtle run, I'm pretty confident that I can make up lost time later in the game.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Woohoo new personal best for beating brock! it was like 17:40 or something like that. I'm going to put the videos on youtube now, name is mexierreman.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Hmm, I might try it. I'll let you know if I decide to. The only thing is, it takes me a long time to finish Pokemon games. The fastest time I had without hacking (I had already beaten it twice, I was bored!) is 22 hours and 9 minutes on Platinum. Also, I only have access to an emulated copy. However, I have already started the game (not very far though) with Bulbasaur and can jump in and do it quickly if I decide to join.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Alright, I have news.

I am going to try and beat this record now. Right now. I am going to play until I beat it. I have the prima guide. I have your advice. And I am confident that I can beat the record. I would still like you all to try. I'm not completely sure I can do it, but I am as optimistic and confident as possible. I have enjoyed this experience and I'm going to jump right into it. I will probably not stop until I beat it. I am fond of all of you. Yes bigNATEAlpha I am signing you up. I am excited and will give news on my time when I complete it.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Alright, I've got 1 bit of Good news and and 2 bits of Bad news. The Good news is that I'm making great time on the game, and so far I've gotten to the end of Mt.Moon in about 31 minutes. The bad news is that I'm out of batteries. The other bad news is that the Guinness World Record forms are the most bureacratic pieces of text on the face of the planet. So if anybody here is good with bureacratic stuff like that it would be much appreciated. So as of right now I am going to have to temporarily discontinue my work until I get more batteries. Sorry, about that. Please continue posting your progression.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Here are my Pokemon, and their status:

Squirtle LVL 14

Bubble

Tail whip

Tackle

Pidgey LVL 13

Gust

Quick Attack

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Well, there goes 30 minutes of time we could have wasted. I have a question, though. It says that he did it in like 39 segments, correct? Isn't the record we're going for done in one single segment? Obviously it would be much easier if we could break the game up in pieces, but I thought we could only do it in one.

Edit: I should be speed running on Monday. That will give me a good 2 days of preparation.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    The 39 segments allow for error. Such as, if he were too black out in a battle (as he probably did with Brock), he could restart. And according to Guinness, it's Legit. So it can be done in several segments.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years

Holy ####

Wow. We had no clue...

How the hell?....

Excuse my language. I just can not simply believe this. This is insane! It's almost as he planned every step. I've only seen the first video and I feel like... wow. I mean, it is genius. He nicknamed everything one letter, to save scroll time. He didn't even bother to move to grab a different starter, just to be slightly quicker. It's as if he knows every nook and cranny of the game.

But...

This still is not impossible! We can beat this guy! 2 Hours and 9 minutes? He doesn't know who he's up against! This will be done! I swear upon it that his record will be beaten!

Thank you so much darkshiek for bringing this to my attention!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Not a problem. He moves on to get Dig. I sorta stopped watching at Charizard.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    There was another video of a Blue speedrun on that site:

1 hour, 36 minutes. It was glitch assisted but I find that ridiculous...

Also, I didn't know that x accuracy made a move hit everytime! That fissure trick would be so useful haha. I have no idea how in the world someone can beat the e4 with a bunch of lvl 15s and a lvl 52. But I saw it so theres no denying haha... Still 0_o There is hope, as I saw a few places where he made a couple of errors like scrolling down one too many places.

He also had to reset nearly 100 times in one spot just to avoid encounters. I find that insane, I wouldn't be able to do something like that lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    YESH! I just beaten Chuck in Gold! Woot!

In other news, I tried to speed run red. TOTAL FAIL. I am very bad in red but I rock in Gold.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Honestly, I think that being able to have breaks in the game for error will make the 2:04 record much easier to get than the 2:41 record. I mean, we really just have to get a little bit luckier than he did, or mess up like one less time. Come on guys, we can definitely do this now.

Back