• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Alpha Fan [USERS NEEDED]

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Holy SHAMWOW! That record's amaaaaaazing. But, I never rly understood how it took people to beat a pokemon game so long. My first pokemon game was ruby and i used to restart it every once in a while. On my 4th restart or so(lol) I beat the game in 7hrs and something minutes. it was like 7 hrs and 53mins if im sure.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2010
    Hey this is Ben Goldberg. I just wanted to let everyone know that the current record is actually 1:59. The video is available here... speeddemosarchive DOT com/PokemonRedBlue.html

The best advice I can give is to watch the video and see all the little tricks I used. Also, there's good info for saving time over my run in this thread... speeddemosarchive DOT com/forum/index.php?topic=1135.0

I hope this helps!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    AAAH!!

Omg!! :D

*turns into blubbering fan*

This is so cool! Thank you so much for helping us! We appreciate you for inspiring us, and for giving us all of your help. Now if there are any more tips you have for us please post them! I must say, this is absolutely extreme what you have done and I appreciate you taking the time to help.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Skitty Crazy

I want cake.
    Years
    I definitely want to try this! It sounds really fun... To at least make the attempt.

I wonder when I should start? Maybe... Later. Since I want to try it in one sitting... And since HGSS comes out tomorrow... X_X

I think I'll see how far I can get (and how fast) right now! I'll just... Download the ROM...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Well, I'm not really patient enough to go through these old games without my VBA fast forward, which means my gametime is generally pretty high. That, and I'd rather preserve my Blue at it's current state. So I won't be "competing."

Also, current record is 1:59, is it not? Says 2:09 in the main post.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    First of all, a big soory to you, Chris. I really forgot about this project whle I was playing through the Rijon trilogy... Sorry...^^ Okay, after my three tests this week, and my Luminous Yellow run (pretty short, not meant to be mean, NK since it's a beta...^^) , the next thing I'm gonna do is the Alpha Fan project!^^ I'm gonna try doing this on my Blue but my bro doesn't want to delete his team (can undertsand him, the team is pure awesomeness!^^) so I guess I'll go for an emu. Well, is Green allowed, too?^^

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    Yes lati-fan95, Green is allowed. It's fine that you've been a while. And as for the Rijon trilogy, my favorite was Prism in Nal'jo. I wished he finished it. Per chance, did you see the secret message in Rijon? Lol. Koolboyman, you are funny.

Actually, the Green thing was just a question for the lulz since I dunno any Japanese but I could still try it just for the heck of it!^^ And wow, we sure have a lot of members already (and even the reord holder himself helps us, there's just no way we cannot do this!)!^^

Well, I'm gonna VM you about the last thing since this thread could be closed with too much off-topic stuff!^^

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    yeah we really should get back on topic.

I am still astounded how in one segment he walks into mt. moon, runs into a paras and catches it automatically, and doesn't run into any other wild pokemon. i'm not saying that he cheated, but seriously, how are we supposed to compare to that?

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    We've got to at least try myrrham! That's the entire point of this thread. You can't give up. You've got to TRY!!

If you don't try then there is no reason to give up. I know this seems impossible, but try before giving up. This thread is half-dead at this point because we're talking about what DID happen, not what will happen! We can do this! I know we can. And you know we can too.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    This is how, when I was about 3, I used to complete these games. Don't train up, just use your starter pokemon all the way through. I know this isn't the best way to complete a pokemon game but its the quickest. Also, skip the second rival battle, that is unnecessary.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Sorry guys, I wasn't planning on giving up. I guess the good news is we can do it in as many segments as we want.

Does anyone know a good movie making program to put the segments together with?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    would it be ok if i belatedly join project Alpha?
    You could use dig to get out of caves and large buildings like silph co. and use teleport when you need a pokemon center.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I've been tempted to join this ...

I DO !

And I have some ideas : I'll extract ALL the maps out of the ROM and draw out the shortest patch of working , I'll use Venusaur (STARTER PWNS) !!

Great . I'll post later some maps with big red lines on them which mark the shortest path !

NONE BEATS US ! NONE BEATS POKECOMMUNITY !!

-560cool.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Alright 560cool and seal. I'll sign you both up right now. Thank you 560cool for your wanting to post maps. If all goes well I'll put a section in the first post showing all of them. I am proud of everyone's eagerness. Good luck to you all.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Back