• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    This is a great add on and it has made my life so easy however I do have one problem. None of my trainers have the pokemon in the PBS file anymore and they are at random levels.
    Have I just not replaced some file that I should have or is this a completely different problem.

Thanks for any help.

Years
    This is a great add on and it has made my life so easy however I do have one problem. None of my trainers have the pokemon in the PBS file anymore and they are at random levels.
    Have I just not replaced some file that I should have or is this a completely different problem.

Thanks for any help.

You have the a switch on (59 I think) that I made use of to have a trainer randomization, so that people could test out all the new moves and stuff easily. Flip it off, or remove the randomization (it's along with the encounter modifiers and stuff)

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Strange walkaround error

So I as walking around in my test field, when all the sudden..

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    --------------------------
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `gender=' for #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0x95660b0>
    PField_Field:948:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'
    PField_Field:1001:in `pbWildBattle'
    PField_Field:1490:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'
    PField_Field:1514:in `pbOnStepTaken'
    Game_Player:484:in `update_old'
    Walk_Run:78:in `update'
    Scene_Map:104:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `update'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Okay, what's going on? This doesn't happen all the time, just every few encounters. I have Gen 6 for Pokemon Essentials and the save system, and I'm banking that the first one being the problem, but the field only generates Smeargle, Bulbasaur, and Pidgey. I've seen Smeargle and Pidgey, I'm thinking it triggers on Bulbasaur.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    I got an error during battle when Light Screen is active and a Pokemon uses a special move (e.g. Fairy Wind):
    Spoiler:

Read this:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8703462&postcount=754

But I do not know in which number of line will be in this project gen 6.

Years
    Alright, made some bug fixes in the patch, and all displayed text should reflect in-game text now thanks to Delusions of Originality.

If you just want the bug fixes quick, I've provided them here. These are the only erroring bugs I've found or had reported to me.

Light Screen AI

Spoiler:

Harvest PokeBattle_Battle
    Spoiler:

Cheek Pouch PokeBattle_Move
    Spoiler:

I have also fixed Red Card and Eject button as well, and certain powders effecting grass pokemon are fixed. They aren't erroring bugs, so I won't provide the code here. Safety Goggles was also added in.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    I don't know if this is fixed, but the sprite of one of Rotom's forms (the refrigerator) looked odd.
    Spoiler:

Also, I noticed the menu icons for Vivillon were complete, and the version 2 sprites (the ones using the Elite Battle) only contain one pattern, I end up adding them manually, and numbered according to the menu icons. Numbered v2 Vivillon sprites here.

Erassus

I'm back.
    Years
    No icons from Item585 to Item 596 in the Main Download, so i ripped and indexed them for the project. Here to download

Edit: Item588 (Weakness Policy) From 52x52 to 48x48

Spoiler:

Edit2: hope mej71 can add this to the main download of the project.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Moody ability don't work

Pokemon Essentials Gen 6
    PokeBattle_Battle:4049:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:4047:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:4047:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3998:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3998:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2791:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2790:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2790:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2774:in `loop'

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Oh, Maruno or some other admin moved my post to this thread without telling me, and so I made a thread duplicating it thinking I'd never posted it after all. Playing mind games with me. XD
    It isn't Synchronize, though, it's Cute Charm, I realized later this was because I was walking around with Jigglypuff. I dunno, is there a patch for that too? I downloaded fairly recently.

Years
    Oh, Maruno or some other admin moved my post to this thread without telling me, and so I made a thread duplicating it thinking I'd never posted it after all. Playing mind games with me. XD
    It isn't Synchronize, though, it's Cute Charm, I realized later this was because I was walking around with Jigglypuff. I dunno, is there a patch for that too? I downloaded fairly recently.
    Yeah, that's been patched yesterday, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2017
    I don't know what's causing this, but whatever changes I do to a Pokemon's BattlerPlayerY value, both manually and through the editor, only seem to affect the Pokémon's backsprite in the Editor and not the game, like this:
    Spoiler:

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? I tried replacing all the scripts, but no dice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2015
    Here's a few errors I found in Essentials Gen 6 that aren't present in Essentials 15.1:

1. Using Round gives the following error message:
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:3434:in `pbBaseDamage'
    PokeBattle_Move:700:in `pbCalcDamage'
    PokeBattle_Move:1452:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3128:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3086:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3086:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3499:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3473:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3502:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3705:in `pbProcessTurn'

2. Shadow Pokémon have no weaknesses (they might also not have immunities or resistances, I haven't checked)
    For example, using Disarming Voice on a Shadow Purrloin results in only neutral damage.

3. Some Primal Reversions and Megas are a bit too high up on the screen...

4. Some Kalos Pokémon has their hidden ability together with the other abilities.
    Fletchling, for example looked like this:
    Abilities=BIGPECKS,GALEWINGS
    But it should look like this:
    Abilities=BIGPECKS
    HiddenAbility=GALEWINGS
    Volcanion has Flash Fire as one ability which is just wrong and Diancie has Magic Bounce instead of Clear Body

EDIT: I can confirm that Shadow Pokémon completely ignore the type chart and are in general a bit buggy, such as sometimes being in Hyper Mode when you send them out etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    I think I have Hyperspace Fury working:

Code:
    ################################################################################
    # Hyperspace Fury
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_720 < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        if !isConst?(attacker.species,PBSpecies,:HOOPA)
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But {1} can't use the move!",attacker.name))
          return false
          if [email protected]==1        
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But {1} can't use the move the way it is now!",attacker.name))
            return false
          else  
            return true
          end
        end  
        ret=super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
        if opponent.damagestate.calcdamage>0
          showanim=true
          if attacker.pbCanReduceStatStage?(PBStats::DEFENSE,false,true)
            attacker.pbReduceStat(PBStats::DEFENSE,1,false,showanim,true)
            showanim=false
          end
        end
        return ret
      end
    end

Did you see the function code and its relevance?

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
    So basically this is like a Essential copy. That means if Maruno makes a new version, we'll have to wait the gen 6 addon to be ported before using it and import our own changes. It's going to be a mess...

Is there a plan to merge the two projects? Essential included the gen 5 at one time, so I wonder if this is planned with the gen 6 addon. (with static battler sprites, gen 6 ones are made by Smogon).

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    hello this error happens with charizard the project generation 6, is how I solve?
    Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)
    plz ignore de 2° image

Back