• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project MAYMAYs

Rotochu

Protorai
    Years
    Project MAYMAY is something I began around half a year ago. I came up with the idea of making a Pokemon Rom Hack about memes.

This Rom Hack will be mainly satire and have a ton of references to some famous YouTube channels, different big dramas that happened, and references to many, many memes. I will be planning to change the art style a little bit, so many sprites might be changed or completely re-done. I am currently using a rom hack of FireRed that has almost 471 Pokemon, which will easily fit all of my memes.

I already have played around with Rom Hacking multiple times before, not publicly though, so I should be fine for some time. I already have planned out what will happen to the story and how I will change some things to work (eg. Gym Leaders, Towns, etc.).

The biggest help I need is with the memes - you can write down as many as you possibly can. I will also do a ton of my own research. This will include new memes, dank memes, mlg memes, old memes, basically, all memes.

I already began making some of the sprites, and I am working on some of the "Maymays". In the end you can trust me that it will not become cringy. I will edit this post every once in a while showing you updates (At least once a month). This project will probably take up to a couple years but hopefully it will be good quality when it's finished.

Just to clarify things up, this game will be different from Clover on many levels. Clover is based off of mainly 4Chan (surprisingly) while my romhack will have a wider range of memes. Currently, as I have it planned out, the game will have a mention of 4Chan but will not take any inspiration out of Clover.

New: Starter making pokemon sprites, made about 10 sprites up until now.

Last edited:
    Back