• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proper introduction

itsdarsh

Contender
Years
  • Hi, I'm darsh. I'm a dev for Polished Crystal and a gen 2 romhacker. I also do a little bit of glitch hunting on the side. I'm mostly here to follow the PC thread in the showcase forum and keep an eye out for anything interesting in GSC in general. In particular, I'm looking for information regarding this glitch:

Ecruteak City Save Bug

The cause of this issue remains unknown. It affects saving/rebooting in all of Ecruteak City. In the entire span of mainstream Pokemon games, Ecruteak City is officially the only location ever categorized as a "Glitched City" due to Game Freak rendering it as unfixable. The Ecruteak City Save Bug is present in *all* games (both mainsteam & fan games) involving Johto mapping containing that location...including HGSS. This is due to the Johto base mapping coming from 2nd Gen, which also comes with the majority of its original glitches.
    - Unless some Einstein ROM hacker figured this one out, the direct cause of the save bug is still unknown.

Pokecommunity is the only place I've seen a reference to this glitch on at all and to be frank I find it pretty dubious, especially the part about HGSS importing this corruption (HGSS and GSC run on entirely different engines, HGSS is 32-bit and GSC is 8-bit. The description above would imply that if I recreated the Johto region in Emerald in a romhack, I would have the same save bug, which is... yknow) but I'm curious if there's a seed of truth in this regardless. I'm also obsessed with the move Pursuit, which is generally horribly implemented, so if anyone has any cool facts about Pursuit I'm always down to hear about it. Especially anything regarding Pursuit in the spaceworld demo.

Years
  • Hi darsh, welcome to the forum!!

First time I'm hearing about that glitch personally, but glitch-wise there is probably a lot I don't know about @_@ Hope you get the info you need!

Back