• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] PS: Fated Epistle - Episode 2

Can you run newer fangames? If not, do you have a smartphone?

• I CANT't run newer fangames and I DON'T have a smartphone

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I can run new fangames/ do have a smartphone

Votes: 25 92.6%

• Total voters

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
The game is undergoing a massive update and migration to a new engine. Download link is unavailable due to save incompatibility.

Welcome to the world of Postscriptum.
If you came here from "The First Journey", you're in for a ride!

Follow the steps of the protagonist, a melancholic young adult stricken by unemployment and paralyzed by a chronic care-free and lethargic attitude. Seeking to redeem himself for his past mistakes and overcome his guilt, he, again, applies for a job, expecting to fail miserably. To his surprise, he actually gets a call for an interview, at none other than the Pokemon Couriers, a prestigious, esteemed, and highly regarded organization. Setting his sights on the future, he attempts for the last time to begin anew.

R16wDwm.png

~Plot:
Spoiler:

gawmLfJ.gif
~Setting:
Spoiler:

qA4BYNd.gif
~The Characters:
Spoiler:

PAVetLo.gif
~ Unimportant Features:

Spoiler:

PMcy8OC.gif
~ ACTUAL Features:
Spoiler:

L3cWjyL.gif

Gameplay Overview (minor spoilers):
Spoiler:

ZUjXzI2.gif
Important Points:
Spoiler:

ekAKWqH.gif
F.A.Q.
Spoiler:

NmPYs5y.gif
Currently Known Bugs:
Spoiler:

ufm4HJa.gif

Credits:
Spoiler:

A32w80x.gif

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

N7vwD3t.gif
Download:
Spoiler:

fwdM7pJ.gif
FIRST GAME REVIEWS ARE OUT!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
game is nice.but very confusing, no map,how to reach northeast area make an walkthrough but again the game and graphics are awesome

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
game is nice.but very confusing, no map,how to reach northeast area make an walkthrough but again the game and graphics are awesome

Thank you very much for your feedback!

You are right, a map will be implemented eventually, that's why I included a
Cap's "Hand drawn map", which gives ... some directions.

And you are also right about the complexity, the thing is we're not sure
about the entire progression for now. Do you think more "direct"
clues should be given? The idea is to reward those who do missions...

If you have any idea I would be delighted to hear it :) thanks!
Oh, also, how did you find the music? Is it ok?
Thanks again, we appreciate it!

Lots of love <3

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
man music was good and about clues give it more direct as some people like me have little patience and get irritated very fast

Okay, we'll try to find the best way to implement either hints/ or better directions.
Thanks for the feedback, and thank you for enjoying the music, too!

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Wow, this sounds incredibly promising. The premise seems ambitious, and quite -different- from anything else I've ever seen when it comes to Pokemon fangames. I'll give my thoughts in a day or two.

(If I had to guess, you got the 'Epistle' part from that debacle involving one of the writers of Half Life, particularly the ill-fated 3rd game, huh? Sad, that.)

Last edited:
Years
also make some starting fights simpler.a lot of people may find random trainers with level 15 or more when they could only train upto level 10 to 12.also some text problem is there when fighting with maractus in first city looking like a gym

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
I think the level progression is fine, but there should be dialogue indicating that you should go around town looking for requests to do. I think the game intends to have you go to the abandoned schoolhouse ASAP to pick up a ton of full heals/potions and grind there before doing anything else.

I think I beat all of the barrel gang, but the receptionist guy keeps talking as if I haven't done so. I also can't seem to find the guy that I'm supposed to give the moomoo milk to.

Trying to find this Cyan bridge in order to progress with the lady I found in the abandoned schoolhouse, and failing miserably. So miserably that my starter Pokemon is already level 23 (and probably blatantly overleveled). There should probably be signs that point you towards important landmarks. What is a city without signs? :)

Overall, I'm liking the game so far. It's quite different, and refreshing in a way. The dialogue is hilarious, and makes the MC very relate-able. The layout of the city as it currently is will probably frustrate a lot of people, however.

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
also make some starting fights simpler.a lot of people may find random trainers with level 15 or more when they could only train upto level 10 to 12.also some text problem is there when fighting with maractus in first city looking like a gym

Thanks for your feedback, once more. Your input is appreciated more than you think.
I will talk about this in my reply to Alilatias, it has to do with a particular design and
how we failed to implement it as it we should have xD
I was also told about this text problem but nobody could replicate it, thanks sooooo much for telling me....

I'm about to destroy that pesky bug!

I think the level progression is fine, but there should be dialogue indicating that you should go around town looking for requests to do. I think the game intends to have you go to the abandoned schoolhouse ASAP to pick up a ton of full heals/potions and grind there before doing anything else.
I think I beat all of the barrel gang, but the receptionist guy keeps talking as if I haven't done so. I also can't seem to find the guy that I'm supposed to give the moomoo milk to.
Trying to find this Cyan bridge in order to progress with the lady I found in the abandoned schoolhouse, and failing miserably. So miserably that my starter Pokemon is already level 23 (and probably blatantly overleveled). There should probably be signs that point you towards important landmarks. What is a city without signs? :)
Overall, I'm liking the game so far. It's quite different, and refreshing in a way. The dialogue is hilarious, and makes the MC very relate-able. The layout of the city as it currently is will probably frustrate a lot of people, however.

First of all, thank you immensely for reporting all this. Your opinion matters enormously.
- The Barrel Gang was supposed to reward you with... just a potion xD. There must be a problem with variable count!
- Yes you are right about the abandoned University being THE spot to go after obtaining the starter, and we need to come up with a way to direct the player more obviously towards it. (If you have any idea please speak your mind!)
I'll explain below the reasons as to why it's "convoluted" so far.
- The MooMoo Guy is the guy called Cap, in South Artemisia, as you enter go north, he is above the new wannabe post-office building the Mayor built. He's also the one that put a "map" in the game's folder. Check it out!
- Your starter is not overleveled. There is one fight in particular, which follows more "competitive" rules, and high level will be needed there. It's kind of a joke on how, when we were young, we were always overleveling because
we couldn't yet figure out strategies etc. The other fights, are more like joke-battles. The game truly begins, especially as far as progression is concerned, when you leave the city. Which you will do at the end of the demo.

- The Cyan Bridge is the blue bridge that connects South and Southeastern Artemisia. The lady is not there for reasons, and one of those being that it "forces" you to go seek her in other places, especially the school,
which is needed to complete a highly important mission. The thing is, all these should be optional, but the curious and exploration-focused player will be the one most rewarded. That's what we have to figure out how to do!
****** ^ This is referring to South Artemisia, not Southwestern (CityMarket) ^ *******, after passing through the Southern Checkpoint.

- There are also reasons there are not signs in the city, one of them being the deliberate attempt from the Mayor to distract tourists, and .... some other hidden reasons that will be uncovered later.
- That "realism" is also the reason for many early NPCs having high level pokemon. Which is how it should be in a realistic scenario. They would "never" scale with the player. But, the player who adheres to the type of "man, things
might get tough, gotta train at the Uni to level up quite a bit" or "I'm immersed enough to feel like it's real, so I've gotta always be at my strongest" will never have this kind of trouble because of... you guessed it, grinding. :P
What would someone in a "realistic" situation expect from a city full of trainers who fight to survive? You get a starter and crush everybody with 10x the experience you have? Of course this has to be balanced enough since it still
is a game, and that is the hardest part!
And this brings me to our current struggle:

Most of the design and progression things are deliberate in regards to how this city would be built in a realistic scenario (chaotic, difficult to traverse, disorienting), it also reflects the torture of the workers that built it (since they were almost
never getting paid and many of them perished in order to finish it - even before the Mayor went on with his... ehm.. plans) and must also reflect the mind of the main character (which will also be another theme wink wink) in a sense,
when somebody quite inexperienced with the outside world has to suddenly adjust his whereabouts in a big and unknown city, frustration is the only result xD
The thing is, how do we find that balance point, where we still get the message across without discouraging players? Although some people who tested it, said that after some time in the city, you get used to it
very easily and know where everything is (kinda like the point of MC's perception of things). Also, that's another reason why we included the F - speed up button ;)

Just so you know, both you and all those who help pinpoint these things WILL be mentioned in the credits. So, why not take it a step further and suggest your own ideas? :D :D :D

Lastly, I'm overjoyed that you found the game refreshing, it's exactly what we were going for! Yeah, tell me about the MC... you're in for many, many surprises with that guy...
MC being relatable (is that a word?) was our no1 priority, I'm super glad you pointed that out. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks again and lots of love <3

Last edited:

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Well the thing is, I already did the university quest, and the lady asked me to join her near the gate to South part of the city. I can't find her anywhere however, and I've looked all over the city as far as I'm aware. The cops there are still barring my way.

So I'm not sure if I'm missing something somewhere or the game glitched out progression-wise.

I'm also trying to find someone who 'comments on how orange I am' and tell them something about needing bacon. The police officer says that he's supposed to be in an apartment to their right, though as far as I'm aware, I've searched every apartment and nobody comments on that.

I'm going to provide my save file for possible troubleshooting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jg780x8vsws5fc/Game.rxdata?dl=0

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Well the thing is, I already did the university quest, and the lady asked me to join her near the gate to South part of the city. I can't find her anywhere however, and I've looked all over the city as far as I'm aware. The cops there are still barring my way.

So I'm not sure if I'm missing something somewhere or the game glitched out progression-wise.

I'm also trying to find someone who 'comments on how orange I am' and tell them something about needing bacon. The police officer says that he's supposed to be in an apartment to their right, though as far as I'm aware, I've searched every apartment and nobody comments on that.

I'm going to provide my save file for possible troubleshooting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jg780x8vsws5fc/Game.rxdata?dl=0

Here is the Apartment:
Spoiler:

And here is the guy you need to talk to:
Spoiler:

Please, proceed and if there is any problem I will take a look at your savefile.
Thanks so much!

Also, for clarity's sake, when I was referring to the fact that the lady is not there, it's cause she isn't, but you do have to get to South Artemisia first.
I was under the assumption that you had already reached that point, so apologies if what I said didn't make sense. I edited the other post to reflect that.
There is a School (not the Unviersity) and another important building in the Southern District, you will find out about it when you get there.

Last edited:

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Ah, thank you. I must have missed that guy when I searched all the apartments.

Time to proceed. Considering what was down there, it seems like I had to find this place first before progressing eastward.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Ah, thank you. I must have missed that guy when I searched all the apartments.

Time to proceed. Considering what was down there, it seems like I had to find this place first before progressing eastward.

No, thank you!

I know what you mean, we need to find a way to make all this better, it seems quite tedious
without actually getting the message we want across. Thanks again for the feedback,
have fun!

Last edited:

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
I've passed the schoolhouse and reached the orphanage.

I do want to comment on how odd it is that battles in this section of the game involve Pokemon lower leveled than those towards the start. Although I imagine this was an intentional decision to help players level up if they didn't grind in the abandoned university, and the fact that the nearest healing point is very, VERY far away from this location. That and I suppose it's meant to show a progression towards the player character starting to become quite badass. I also have to say that I really love the design of the main character. It's simple but highly distinctive, with a lot of meaning.

The dialogue in this game is quite powerful. This is probably the best fangame I've played that has actually managed to capture the whole dystopian city setting. Not even Reborn was that good at it, which quite frankly veers towards the 'hopelessness' feeling without striking a balance with hope and realism at all.

I do wonder though, how close/far am I to obtaining a second Pokemon? My starter's already level 30, hah. I noticed Deliby could learn Spikes and Hail, but I find that learning such moves at this stage in the game could really cripple players without another Pokemon to balance that out.

EDIT: Welp, I answered my own question, got a second Pokemon after that dungeon of sorts. I honestly feel quite obligated to keep these Pokemon all the way until endgame, ha.

Last edited:
Years
hey man i found a bug in south Artemisia nowthwest part near the police station i could somehow walk through the building

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I've passed the schoolhouse and reached the orphanage.

I do want to comment on how odd it is that battles in this section of the game involve Pokemon lower leveled than those towards the start. Although I imagine this was an intentional decision to help players level up if they didn't grind in the abandoned university, and the fact that the nearest healing point is very, VERY far away from this location. That and I suppose it's meant to show a progression towards the player character starting to become quite badass. I also have to say that I really love the design of the main character. It's simple but highly distinctive, with a lot of meaning.

The dialogue in this game is quite powerful. This is probably the best fangame I've played that has actually managed to capture the whole dystopian city setting. Not even Reborn was that good at it, which quite frankly veers towards the 'hopelessness' feeling without striking a balance with hope and realism at all.

I do wonder though, how close/far am I to obtaining a second Pokemon? My starter's already level 30, hah. I noticed Deliby could learn Spikes and Hail, but I find that learning such moves at this stage in the game could really cripple players without another Pokemon to balance that out.

EDIT: Welp, I answered my own question, got a second Pokemon after that dungeon of sorts. I honestly feel quite obligated to keep these Pokemon all the way until endgame, ha.

First of all, we are deeply honoured by your words. It means a lot, especially since you
never cease to amaze with your perception. Everyone on the team sends their deepest thanks!

Now on to the finer details:

- Yes, the idea was to somehow find some balance for players who do not grind
enough at the start. There was actually a hidden automatic "heal point" but that caused
problems with later "losses" when the player was transferred back there when defeated...and
it almost broke the sequence. Do you think implementing that back would be a good choice?

- Yes, that's one of the reasons, showing progression, since the MC's experinece is obtained
through trial by fire, and mostly because 1) he starts being modest and stops thinking
only about the reasons for his failures, 2) In the Orphanage, he actually gets emotionally
invested (something extremely rare for him) and this kinda shows when he sweeps the
entire building, since he does have a reason to slowly begin moving forward. Huge thanks for
the compliment on his design, I'm humbled to hear that it managed to convey all the right things!

- Even the faintest comparison to Reborn makes me almost cry. I'd never imagine this game
could be comparable, even to the slightest degree, to Reborn! I can't find the right words to express
how much what you said means to us. Thank you so much!

- Well, you went ahead and made Deliby stronger! Congrats! Aside from the fact that you
do get other mons, (which you already found out), players who might find some things difficult
can probably utilize spikes at least, (regarding one particular battle specifically).
Also, the reason it gets Ice Ball is in order to get past that difficult battle for those who
do have problems. But perceptive players like you might keep at least one entry hazard
move for future usage. Which will be needed. Oh, and I think there are about 5 mons, including
Deliby. The plan is to force players to train those -weaker in comparison to the starter- mons
when they reach Route 1 and beyond, but this will happen in the future.

- Haha, it's great that you feel that obligation. That's exactly what we were hoping for!
Again, you never cease to amaze. I can't wait to hear your thoughts when you reach further
ahead on the game.

hey man i found a bug in south Artemisia nowthwest part near the police station i could somehow walk through the building
Oh man, I thought I had that patched up, I will fix it ASAP!
Thanks again for your help karnamata.

=====================================================
Also, we will be updating the game frequently, so all these things will be fixed as fast as we can.
The plan is to release "gym point" updates, and in-between fixed versions of the current demo.

Last edited:

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Well, to tell you the truth, I find this fangame something special. I say this as someone that has played through most of the fangames that are considered among the best by the community overall, and have even playtested one in particular (I'm an assistant sidequest writer/tester for Pokemon Desolation, one of the three big fangames of the Pokemon Reborn forum).

I'm already incredibly impressed by this game, and I'm not even done with the demo yet. The game requires patience, but it's an understandable kind that ties into the setting, and not for artificial difficulty. It takes real talent to pull off a believable atmosphere such as this, without it feeling a bit cartoonish/edgy.

I think you're going to get a lot more impressions soon to help iron out the start, considering I posted about this game on the Pokemon Reborn forum. I'll be relaying any impressions I find from there over to here.

(Also, re-entering the orphanage after you've cleared that part of the story kicks you out all the way to the courier branch, with the end dialogue repeating again.)

Time to keep going...

Oh, I got past the cyan bridge, but I never found Sylvia along the way. In fact, I ran into a couple goons and got slapped around by Deliby to return to HQ to call for backup and find Sylvia. Was I supposed to run into her somewhere before proceeding? I also defeated someone that kept a bunch of caged Pokemon and freed them, and the Purrloin had some message saying something about a request having been dropped off at the Courier branch, but when I returned, there was no request there.

EDIT: Got a bit further. It wasn't especially clear that Sylvia had actually been taken until after defeating the boss. The fight against the boss was actually pretty tough, had to use Yawn into steamroll with Ice Ball to win.

Was it actually possible for me to have another Pokemon besides Deliby and Fletchinder at this point in the game? The typings of the boss' Pokemon seem to suggest that I should have gotten something strong against water or dark, as Deliby and Fletchinder are in normal circumstances extremely weak against them.

The visuals from going from south to northeastern Artemesia is... Quite a doozy. I suppose I'll be getting a third party member soon, the Budew that I've been holding onto in my bag.

Last edited:

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
hey ,
Alilatias how did you get a flechinder

You should have gotten Fletchling automatically after clearing the orphanage quest. Pretty sure the bird's a mandatory capture. Unless there's something I did differently...

Now that I think about it, you mentioned something about a smuggler's hideout. Where are you in the game right now, anyway?

Last edited:
Back