• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] PS: Fated Epistle - Episode 2

Can you run newer fangames? If not, do you have a smartphone?

• I CANT't run newer fangames and I DON'T have a smartphone

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I can run new fangames/ do have a smartphone

Votes: 25 92.6%

• Total voters

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but how to progress after meeting Sylvia at the old university? The South Gate is still blocked by police so I don't know what to do.

Also, I don't want to be rude but Artemisia's aesthetics really hurt my eyes so I hope you fix them for future demos. The tile style inconsistency and the layout, not to mention that many unimportant NPC dialogues are too long.

The story is intriguing so far and I'd like to continue although the aesthetic doesn't help at all....well I guess my eye problem doesn't really help. I even can't find the police station.

Anyway, I have Budew...in my bag but I don't know what to do about it. Thanks for your help and looking forward for the improvement in future demos~

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

You have to speak to 3 particular NPCs in a particular order.
    If you have a problem finding them I will upload pics immediately so just tell me!

Yes, we are aware of that (and you are not being rude, rather the opposite,
    your input is invaluable so please speak your mind!) and graphics are our worst
    domain... I told the team many times about the style inconsistency...
    It's something that will remain for a while, sadly, unless a dedicated volunteer
    appears. If I may ask, hurting your eyes is like, a metaphor, right?
    Because if it really does hurt them, maybe it has something to do with the colour
    tones and that's very important to fix....

(the "unimporant" NPCs feel really, reaaalllyyy hurt because of your words :( they're such nice people - they just wanna survive... insertsadmemehere.jpg )

Well you cannot enter the station in the Demo. You can however enter...
    somewhere similar. Which is where you're supposed to go.
    (please read the thread in case you're wondering why
    this is a design choice, but also voice your opinion too so we
    can balance things)

Budew cannot yet be obtained, a future update will fix this.
    We estimated the release to be tomorrow, but team members
    are out having fun for the new year... :P they party each night after new year's because they're plain idiots

Thank you for your help, and as always, please give feedback on
    everything you want, don't even think of being shy ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • No, it's not metaphorical. It's literally hurt my eyes. I'm not sure why though, perhaps that semi-transparent dialogue box could be tweaked a little?

And yes, I can't find the NPC nor do I remember that I have to find these 3 NPCs in order to progress...

And about the NPC, some of their dialogue could be shorten such as that Pika's story, it's quite a hassle to read it while you just could show this group later on. One important rule in writing games is emphasizing on showing rather than telling so please consider editing some of those dialogues.

Also this is just a nitpick but it'd be great to have character mugshot while they are speaking, I believe the Essentials wiki have tutorial for display faces to the message dialogue.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    No, it's not metaphorical. It's literally hurt my eyes. I'm not sure why though, perhaps that semi-transparent dialogue box could be tweaked a little?

And yes, I can't find the NPC nor do I remember that I have to find these 3 NPCs in order to progress...

And about the NPC, some of their dialogue could be shorten such as that Pika's story, it's quite a hassle to read it while you just could show this group later on. One important rule in writing games is emphasizing on showing rather than telling so please consider editing some of those dialogues.

Also this is just a nitpick but it'd be great to have character mugshot while they are speaking, I believe the Essentials wiki have tutorial for display faces to the message dialogue.

EDIT: We're currently doing everything we can to redesign some aspects based on your suggestions.
    We will most definitely have these fixed by the time the next demo is released.
    Until then if there is anything else you wish to be implemented, please tell us. Due to the amount of fixes and bugs that need to be sorted out, it will take some time,
    but we're doing everything we can to release it ASAP.

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I've played through Pokemon Postscriptum's demo and I must say, I find this fan game to be a deconstruction of the Pokemon formula; the main character is a courier who delivers items instead of a trainer who collects Pokemon and battles Gym Leaders, and there are no Pokemon Centers or Pokemon Marts to heal Pokemon or buy items from. Pokemon are scarce and money is practically non-existent; the main character must pick off the streets to survive. Pokemon Reborn also has a distopian setting and while it did show off the poverty stricken affects of the city, you still had access to Pokemon Centers and Pokemon Marts, so you didn't care about the people in poverty since you could not sympathize with them; it is just there for aesthetic flavor. Pokemon Postcriptum manages to show off its poverty stricken city in a much better manner thanks to the limitations in healing and items, meaning you can sympathize with the poverty stricken people since you yourself do not have immediate access to healthcare. Overall, this fan game is refreshing.

The narrative and level of writing along with dialogue is strong; one good aspect is the main character who is an actual character instead of a silent self insert character from the main games series. There are not many fan games that can make an actual character to play as; the only other fan game I know of that has done this right is Pokemon Legends of the Arena. I am glad to say that Pokemon Postscriptum does this right as well, probably in a far better fashion by making the main character a flawed human being and more interesting to follow.

Another cool aspect is the music; instead of using music from other composers, the creators have decided to make their own; most of the music has catchy jazzy tunes which matches the atmosphere of the setting, so kudos to that.

I'm liking Pokemon Postcriptum so far and it may make its way into my favorites list if it continues with its strong writing. As for any improvements I can suggest, I'd like the Cyan Bridge to be blocked off by the Police Force before the orphanage mission and after it is complete, I'd like to see Sylvia be taken away by gang members; I didn't like Sylvia info dumping her whereabouts in Blue Glove's base.

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I've played through Pokemon Postscriptum's demo and I must say, I find this fan game to be a deconstruction of the Pokemon formula; the main character is a courier who delivers items instead of a trainer who collects Pokemon and battles Gym Leaders, and there are no Pokemon Centers or Pokemon Marts to heal Pokemon or buy items from. Pokemon are scarce and money is practically non-existent; the main character must pick off the streets to survive. Pokemon Reborn also has a distopian setting and while it did show off the poverty stricken affects of the city, you still had access to Pokemon Centers and Pokemon Marts, so you didn't care about the people in poverty since you could not sympathize with them; it is just there for aesthetic flavor. Pokemon Postcriptum manages to show off its poverty stricken city in a much better manner thanks to the limitations in healing and items, meaning you can sympathize with the poverty stricken people since you yourself do not have immediate access to healthcare. Overall, this fan game is refreshing.

The narrative and level of writing along with dialogue is strong; one good aspect is the main character who is an actual character instead of a silent self insert character from the main games series. There are not many fan games that can make an actual character to play as; the only other fan game I know of that has done this right is Pokemon Legends of the Arena. I am glad to say that Pokemon Postscriptum does this right as well, probably in a far better fashion by making the main character a flawed human being and more interesting to follow.

Another cool aspect is the music; instead of using music from other composers, the creators have decided to make their own; most of the music has catchy jazzy tunes which matches the atmosphere of the setting, so kudos to that.

I'm liking Pokemon Postcriptum so far and it may make its way into my favorites list if it continues with its strong writing. As for any improvements I can suggest, I'd like the Cyan Bridge to be blocked off by the Police Force before the orphanage mission and after it is complete, I'd like to see Sylvia be taken away by gang members; I didn't like Sylvia info dumping her whereabouts in Blue Glove's base.

First of all the team thanks you for your kind words and support.
    We strongly believe that a game truly shines when it is "developed" in conjunction with the community
    which plays it, so even the slightest form of feedback is very important to us.

We were really worried we were going to miss the sweet spot between
    gameplay and story, but feedback has been suggesting that thanks to the setting,
    it gets away with its inherent flaws, or manages to work around them through
    depiction of an immersive environment. We can't thank you enough for providing
    your feedback in this. We're also very glad you were able to be immersed successfully,
    as it is a difficult thing to capture when designing in general....

We haven't checked LoA out yet, but we will. We know many fangames have
    reached very high standards in all aspects of game design, and we are honoured
    that Postscriptum is comparable even in the slightest form to any of them.

More often than not I represent the team in PR (bad choice guys...)
    but my main role revolves around composing. Postscriptum's OST
    has many "compositional" flaws and some strange combinations
    of instruments and styles, but this was partly on purpose. It takes
    a good composer to be able to deliver something that sounds
    like it is strange and off-key but is not, and since I am not a good composer,
    I just left it the way it is, hahahaa. I can't stress enough how happy it makes
    me that you like it! Especially when you say that it matches the atmosphere
    of the setting, which was what I was going for.

We're immensely grateful for your support.
    The Cyan Bridge suggestion is being implemented right now
    since the progression was frankly, not designed well. We've got a great
    tester on the job anyway, and many of these issues were pointed out.

Ah, you must be talking about her forced exposition dialogue.
    You're right that we would have made a better choice were we to depict her
    being kidnapped in real time - however this would a) remove the reason for
    adding the obstacle in the Cyan Bridge in the first place (the obstacle will
    most likely be MP blocking the way since they do not want both
    the player and Sylvia fighting at the same time - for obvious reasons)
    b) the way she was kidnapped was not through use of force. They
    were smarter than that, facing her would take much more time and
    numbers. Were the player close enough to notice, those goons wouldn't
    be able to successfully take her away (even though force was not
    employed, in case the plan A would fail, they would just attack together
    at the same time). Notice that they try the same method of doing it to
    the player. Yeah, good luck with that.
    We will try to implement that somehow in our future
    updates, although it will take some time.
    If you believe it detracts from the experience in a really bad way,
    please tell us so we can prioritize it over other things.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Ah, you must be talking about her forced exposition dialogue.
    You're right that we would have made a better choice were we to depict her
    being kidnapped in real time - however this would a) remove the reason for
    adding the obstacle in the Cyan Bridge in the first place (the obstacle will
    most likely be MP blocking the way since they do not want both
    the player and Sylvia fighting at the same time - for obvious reasons)
    b) the way she was kidnapped was not through use of force. They
    were smarter than that, facing her would take much more time and
    numbers. Were the player close enough to notice, those goons wouldn't
    be able to successfully take her away (even though force was not
    employed, in case the plan A would fail, they would just attack together
    at the same time). Notice that they try the same method of doing it to
    the player. Yeah, good luck with that.
    We will try to implement that somehow in our future
    updates, although it will take some time.
    If you believe it detracts from the experience in a really bad way,
    please tell us so we can prioritize it over other things.

Having thought about the Cyan Bridge part more and your reply to it, I believe that you are correct. I thought my suggestion would help enhance the flow of the story since after the player character agrees to meet Sylvia on Cyan Bridge at the end of the University mission, she is absent for the most part and the main character only hears of her again when he encounters Blue Glove for the first time. So you do not need to implement Sylvia being kidnapped; instead, I think it would be better for the main character to comment on Sylvia's absence somewhere on the bridge which will help keep the flow of the story nicely connected.

As for Sylvia's exposition, it doesn't really detract my enjoyment; since my suggestion doesn't really work in practice, having Sylvia's dialogue be that way is fine as it is. My only issue with her dialogue was that it suddenly connected everything together by explaining everything that occurred to her and the player must digest all of this, but having the main character comment on her absence on the bridge helps the player understand her reasoning for being absent and digest everything better.

Other than that small issue, I have no other problems. Keep up the great work, AenaonDusky.

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I think it would be better for the main character to comment on Sylvia's absence somewhere on the bridge which will help keep the flow of the story nicely connected....
    ....my only issue with her dialogue was that it suddenly connected everything together by explaining everything that occurred to her and the player must digest all of this, but having the main character comment on her absence on the bridge helps the player understand her reasoning for being absent and digest everything better.
    Other than that small issue, I have no other problems. Keep up the great work, AenaonDusky.

Our tester made the same suggestion. It really does fit exceptionally well; It will also "patch up"
    the sudden gap in exposition, as you said. We're working on exactly that!

Thanks again for your feedback. We greatly appreciate both your input and
    your support and kind words.

Last edited:

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Oh, it's worth noting that v2 is now available! Although I think only the Reborn forums were given that memo at the moment...

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32626-pokemon-postscriptum-fated-epistle/

I should mention, if you started in v1, it is very well worth restarting the game, as a few things about the beginning have changed considerably.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Cant get backto tunnel after getting budew

EDIT: Found it, sorry for that... game is updating.

A recent progression-halting bug has been fixed. Please, update to the latest version. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I've played through to the end of Demo 2 and I'm continuing to enjoy the funny and well thought out dialogue. I also liked the fleshing out of the player character and Elea (especially their humorous and witty interactions). The consistency in which you must earn items even though you're in a developed area like Cianwood City is good to see. Nice cliffhanger by the way.

I'll definitely start a second playthrough to see the changes made to the beginning of the story. As always, job well done to you and your team, AenaonDusky.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I've played through to the end of Demo 2 and I'm continuing to enjoy the funny and well thought out dialogue. I also liked the fleshing out of the player character and Elea (especially their humorous and witty interactions). The consistency in which you must earn items even though you're in a developed area like Cianwood City is good to see. Nice cliffhanger by the way.

I'll definitely start a second playthrough to see the changes made to the beginning of the story. As always, job well done to you and your team, AenaonDusky.

Honored that you like it. We thank you for your kind words!
    We really enjoy your detailed insight on how mechanics were implemented (thankfully we
    didn't mess it up :P it was a challenge)

As for a second playthrough, indeed proceed, storywise though, most changes were practical;
    mainly related to not revealing much and tightening the world building (keeping the focus intact).
    Gameplay wise, you might have missed some Pokes, so it probably is worth it.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    where the heck am I supposed to get the starter?! I've been everywhere!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    where the heck am I supposed to get the starter?! I've been everywhere!

In order to get your starting Pokemon, go to Western Artemisia; you can reach it by going north through the Artemisia Market Area (the entrance to Western Artemisia is near the NPC selling flowers). After entering Western Artemisia, head up a bit and keep going left until you reach Route 0. On Route 0, a cutscene will occur and afterwards, you will receive your starting Pokemon.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    thank you I just got to west artemisia so I felt this was the right track, thanks

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    hi Im back, where do I take the package you need to deliver after you get the starter? Theres no real indication as to who I look for in all these sidequests.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    hi Im back, where do I take the package you need to deliver after you get the starter? Theres no real indication as to who I look for in all these sidequests.

I assume you have completed the Old University sidequest then? If so, then in order to progress further:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    A new updated just rolled out - please update to the newer version.
    Thank you.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I assume you have completed the Old University sidequest then? If so, then in order to progress further:

Spoiler:

I just realized this point not long after I sent my last message, I was a complete idiot and wasnt thinking straight. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I just realized this point not long after I sent my last message, I was a complete idiot and wasnt thinking straight. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Please, there is no need to apologize for anything.

The design of the city is deliberate. It will become much less convoluted as you progress.
    The aim of the game was to make the player feel lost.

On a side note, I 'll just leave this here in case other people have missed it
    Please update to the latest version, thank you.

Last edited:
    Back