• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] PS: Fated Epistle - Episode 2

Can you run newer fangames? If not, do you have a smartphone?

• I CANT't run newer fangames and I DON'T have a smartphone

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I can run new fangames/ do have a smartphone

Votes: 25 92.6%

• Total voters
Years
AenaonDusky 17) Go down, find (half) a bench somewhere there, enter manhole. Where is the bench?

It's the bench in the location just below that fenced area; if your game glitched like mine then it will still look whole, but walking on and interacting with it will still send you to the sewers.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I chose not to get ice ball. Ice shard is useful for priority, I kept peck to defend against possible fighting types. Then I have spikes and yawn.

Spoiler:

AenaonDusky 17) Go down, find (half) a bench somewhere there, enter manhole. Where is the bench?
Spoiler:

It's the bench in the location just below that fenced area; if your game glitched like mine then it will still look whole, but walking on and interacting with it will still send you to the sewers.
Spoiler:

UPDATE 3.5.0
Hello ladies and gentlemen,
a new update is here. This still isn't episode 4 (it'll come eventually), but a lot of improvements have been made to warrant a current episode update.
This is a bit more than a simple qol update - most of the bugfixes and changes are minor but there's whole bunch of 'em. It is the recommended version for anyone wishing to start a new playthrough as well.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Aside from that we'd like to announce that we're now accepting:
==========SIDEQUEST SUBMISSIONS!============
Make sure you're done with the episode first, spoilers ahead:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
Hello everyone!
I have just finished the story of Pokemon Postscriptum so far and I most say that it is phenomenal. Forget the typical Pokémon game structure. This game throws that out the window. You really feel like the underdog you are in this city you will be exploring. There are not many pokémon. So the once you actually get mean so much more for you. I have never liked nor catched a delibird befor, but I have grown strangely fond of the Pokémon after playing this great fan game. There is a lot of mystery to uncover and the game has a great story line. Trampling on the original series story line (which admittedly isn't that hard to do). Probably the best story I have seen in a fan game/romhack. And can you believe it lades and gentlemen, a protagonist that actually talks and develops like a real human being. I played the story thourhg in one go, glued to the screen. The dialogue in the game can be very long at times and some places have too many trainers you battle in a row.
But all in all. A VERY VERY well made pokemon fan game that to my happiness I can still look forward too with the new episodes. Give this game a try if you want to experience a new way to play Pokémon while having a jolly-old time!

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Thank you very much for your review Rillard, we really appreciate it. We'll do our best to improve those areas that need refinement.

Alright folks, a new update has arrived. Mostly QoL and graphical fixes
Spoiler:

Next update will take care of some more bugs.
See ya!

EDIT:
v3.7.0 is here.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

A major update has just been released (3.9.14). Aside from fixing a myriad of tile bugs, this update is powered by the rigorous testing provided by the man the legend "ArtilleryOctillery", which led to a lot of improvements. Certain earlier event sequences and maps have been redesigned.
Also a couple of sequence-messing bugs have now been resolved. If you started playing recently, we recommend you start over on this version.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Most early game bugs have been purged. We'll continue hunting for the rest.
There's still some minor testing to be done, please report any bugs you find!

Please pay special attention to the animations; due to recent changes some sprite-changing bugs might show up.
We humbly request that you report these! Thank you!

PS: Ran into an outfit problem after the "disguise" part of the game while on 3.9.4? Make sure you're on 3.9.5+ and It will resolve itself later.
Apologies for this, some of the older workarounds to the outfit system have yet to be purged. I took a quick glance at certain related events and think this is the last one though.

PSPS: Fixed Bidoof entrance bugs across maps.
PSx3: Fixed another bug caused by tileset corrections

EDIT: Version 3.9.20 is up
Spoiler:

EDITEDIT: Version 3.9.24 is up
Spoiler:

EDITx3 Version 3.9.41 QoL pack 1
Spoiler:

Important Bugfixing Update, fixes Route 0 rock bug
Spoiler:

QoL, Bugfix and Optimization update pack 2:
Spoiler:

Saving system has been changed; you can now save on multiple files. If you are updating from any version below 3.11.8, please rename your old savefile to Game1.rxdata. You can find your savefile under DISK: USERS\USERNAME\My saved Games

v 3.11.10
Spoiler:

v 3.11.20
Spoiler:

HOTFIX v 3.11.21h
Spoiler:

HOTFIX v 3.11.22h
Spoiler:

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Hello everyone! We're proud to announce the release of the improved Courier Update version!

The Courier Update has brought a ton of improvements, and 12 Sidequests too (3 of which are missions).
The world has been enriched, dialogue improved, and many bugs have been fixed. Some quality of life improvements have been added too.
This is much closer to the original vision of the game, and we'd encourage all those who've already played to give it one more playthrough.

The game is 10-20 hours long now, depending on how you play.

With that out of the way, here's the changelog:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 19, 2021
I am happy that this game is still getting updates, props for all the hard work. You guys have made a special little game here that deserves more love and recognition.

Years
  • Age 68
  • Seen Oct 16, 2022
Spoiler:
2020-03-08 (2).png
I've been enjoying the game so far however I seem to have run into a problem. I always get stuck in this scene after the dialogue so I can't continue the story !
Help plz!

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Thank you for the continued support Ilovecheetos!

Jfred I am looking into it. Apologies!
EDIT: Fixed, thanks for reporting it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 68
  • Seen Oct 16, 2022
Sorry to bother you again but I've become stuck after getting my disguise.

Attachments

• 2020-03-08 (3).png
    2020-03-08 (3).png
    24.5 KB · Views: 9

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Sorry to bother you again but I've become stuck after getting my disguise.

Alright, stuck in the sense that you cannot move, or progression wise?
If it's the first one can I take a look at your savegame? It's under Users\Username\Saved Games\PS_Fated Epistle

No need for an apology - on the contrary, thank you for playing the game!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 68
  • Seen Oct 16, 2022
I've found the save but I'm not able to attach it to a message it seems

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I've found the save but I'm not able to attach it to a message it seems

Upload it on a site and provide a link, or send it via discord dms. May I ask how you ended up stuck on that particular spot in the first place? Anything funny that happened before that?

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
This is an internal path to the file on your computer, not a link to an uploaded file on the internet. If you are unsure about uploading it to a website, you can join discord and drag and drop it on a DM.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Sounds like a wonderful update. I continue to be impressed bu this development.

Thank you for your continued support!

A new version is up fixing some bugs.
Changelog:
Spoiler:

C1.4 Update:
Spoiler:

C1.5 Update:
Spoiler:

C1.6 Update:
Spoiler:

C1.7 Update:
Spoiler:

C1.8 Update:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Has the download link been updated? Using it doesn't seem to download the entire game, at least for me.

Are you talking about the download getting stuck? If yes, then please restart your browser / clear cache and then try again!

Update C1.9:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 26, 2023
So where to begin?

Pokemon Postscriptum is a rather unique take on the Pokemon genre. As part of the game's heavy emphasis on narrative, the player character has a defined personality and back story instead of being a blank slate. You won't get your starter until perhaps an hour into the game and you are unable to purchase any items, including pokeballs. This isn't a game where you build your dream team of pokemon either, all available pokemon that can join your party are predetermined encounters. And although you are forced to work with a limited pool of pokemon your encounters with them come off as more personable and less interchangeable as a result, some of the pokemon joining your team being formerly abused or trapped in isolation prior to joining. In Postscriptum's setting, owning a pokemon is a rarity for many citizens, as only trainers who win competitions can climb the social ladder. Therefore pokemon are considered a limited resource, where they are often fought over and even stolen, all of which reflects their limited availability in the game.

Our protagonist starts off a grown man, self loathing and lacking in confidence, still living off his single mother's income. Fed up with not providing for their household for years, our protagonist lands a job as a Courier and is stationed in Artemisia City, a city state rife with poverty and under the thumb of a corrupt government. By engaging with the people of Artemisia through his work, the Courier's empathy and compassion helps him gradually break through his shell of cowardice and lethargy and begin to move outside of his comfort zone, summoning forth courage he didn't even know he had and putting himself in danger to help those in need. Both the Courier and various other characters in the story are confronted with many conflicts that arise. What is the worth of pokemon and people who are considered weak? What is objective truth and what are human constructs? How much is your own life and the lives of others worth fighting for? All these issues that the Courier and others face test their character, their values, and who they are as people.

Having completed E3 up to this point, I can recommend Pokemon Postscriptum to anyone looking for a solid narrative based experience in the pokemon world. The writing is clever and funny, and the way the world of the game is built feels organic. A lot of detail is placed into the maps and npcs throughout the game, from crammed apartments to abandoned schools. Contrary to what the front page says the game isn't exactly linear, players should explore every nook and cranny they can possibly think of to progress, with there often being the option to bypass some of the game's more challenging fights through some roundabout actions. And while the game itself doesn't hold your hand and you can lose access to some features if you progress past a certain point before completing them. I recommend checking out the game's community on discord as they are more than willing to give hints, help out players in need, and help fix bugs in the game.

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I chose not to get ice ball. Ice shard is useful for priority, I kept peck to defend against possible fighting types. Then I have spikes and yawn.
Yes I'll be sure to share my thoughts at that point~

Hello, how have you been? There's a way to
Spoiler:
I think we've managed to implement this in a way that supports the quirkiness of some of the themes without compromising the role of the obstacle, so thank you for your feedback. If you're still stuck there, I'd recommend downloading the newest version (and starting a new game if that's alright with you, although I don't think you'll be running into any compatibility bug anyway).

So where to begin?

Pokemon Postscriptum is a rather unique take on the Pokemon genre. As part of the game's heavy emphasis on narrative, the player character has a defined personality and back story instead of being a blank slate. You won't get your starter until perhaps an hour into the game and you are unable to purchase any items, including pokeballs. This isn't a game where you build your dream team of pokemon either, all available pokemon that can join your party are predetermined encounters. And although you are forced to work with a limited pool of pokemon your encounters with them come off as more personable and less interchangeable as a result, some of the pokemon joining your team being formerly abused or trapped in isolation prior to joining. In Postscriptum's setting, owning a pokemon is a rarity for many citizens, as only trainers who win competitions can climb the social ladder. Therefore pokemon are considered a limited resource, where they are often fought over and even stolen, all of which reflects their limited availability in the game.

Our protagonist starts off a grown man, self loathing and lacking in confidence, still living off his single mother's income. Fed up with not providing for their household for years, our protagonist lands a job as a Courier and is stationed in Artemisia City, a city state rife with poverty and under the thumb of a corrupt government. By engaging with the people of Artemisia through his work, the Courier's empathy and compassion helps him gradually break through his shell of cowardice and lethargy and begin to move outside of his comfort zone, summoning forth courage he didn't even know he had and putting himself in danger to help those in need. Both the Courier and various other characters in the story are confronted with many conflicts that arise. What is the worth of pokemon and people who are considered weak? What is objective truth and what are human constructs? How much is your own life and the lives of others worth fighting for? All these issues that the Courier and others face test their character, their values, and who they are as people.

Having completed E3 up to this point, I can recommend Pokemon Postscriptum to anyone looking for a solid narrative based experience in the pokemon world. The writing is clever and funny, and the way the world of the game is built feels organic. A lot of detail is placed into the maps and npcs throughout the game, from crammed apartments to abandoned schools. Contrary to what the front page says the game isn't exactly linear, players should explore every nook and cranny they can possibly think of to progress, with there often being the option to bypass some of the game's more challenging fights through some roundabout actions. And while the game itself doesn't hold your hand and you can lose access to some features if you progress past a certain point before completing them. I recommend checking out the game's community on discord as they are more than willing to give hints, help out players in need, and help fix bugs in the game.

Ha, I forgot to officially thank you! So thank you for your review!

Back