• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSVX ~ Pokémon Starter Kit for RMVX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuka23

Que hi farem..
Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    Hey, guys. This is ON again C:

Rafa finally finished the resolution script. Without it, we couldn´t continue working; it´s really important and hard to do. You can find more information here.

Other thing, is that the player now moves like in a Pokémon game. Speed and all that stuff.

PSVX ~ Pokémon Starter Kit for RMVX

And you can find more graphics in my new dA account or in our dA group. Btw, I´ll update the first post.

See you soon!

Years
  • Couldn't make this for RPG maker xp? xD
    Nah but this looking really nice and will help people create games who prefer VX over XP
    Goodluck

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • Oh, I'll have to keep my eye out on this!

Being more in sync with VX than XP, this'll be awesome!
    Good job, Tsuka and keep it up!

Tsuka23

Que hi farem..
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    Thanks guys C:

Rafa finished the Pokémon system. So.. ehm.. yeah. Now you can add your Pokémon with stats and all that stuff.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    this sounds great will this make use of the database included in vx or will it all be scripts like in the pokemon essentials for rpgmakerxp?

Isom

Kari Byron is still my lady.
    Years
  • Would love to see this keep growing! I prefer VX over XP any day and to have a starter kit for it would be killer! Keep up the good work, definitely keeping an eye on this.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • Hi, just about what that guy said about tileset limitation, all you need to do with the tileset limitation is export them, edit them how you like and then re-import them.

Take the attached tilesets below and import them into Graphics/System in RPGVX.

Attachments

• PSVX ~ Pokémon Starter Kit for RMVX
      TileA2.png
      381.7 KB · Views: 36
      TileE.png
      493.6 KB · Views: 38
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    I've seen scripts for VX that allows PNG map layers which would sort out peoples dislike for vx maps but looking at the new vx ace thats due to be released soonish looks like they'll be going back to xp style maps so maybe there will be more support to switch then

Tsuka23

Que hi farem..
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    Yeah, we are planing to use the Ace version. We can´t do anything more until 15 of December becouse we want to use the full version C:

Rayquaza.

Years
  • Well, you can always get the trial version, because its up on enterbrain's website, I just downloaded it.
    You should get the trial beforehand to see how good it really is, before spending good money on this software.

Rayquaza.

Years
  • RPG Maker VX-Ace

Okay, well i've installed the trial of RMVX-Ace and even though it's japanese i've found what looks like a bit where you change properties of tilesets.....

Attachments

-RMVXAce.png
      61.6 KB · Views: 38
      -RMVXAce_2.png
      17.9 KB · Views: 37
      -RMVXAce_3.png
      169.2 KB · Views: 50
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    there is a fan made english translation
    found here https://rpgmakervxace.com/7-rpg-maker-vx-ace/19-rpg-maker-vx-ace-trial-translated-into-english

seams pretty good atm and there are ways to edit scripts and save them so you dnt have to keep redoing them and i think it works with all aspects

basically when you make changes (or before you close the trial make a backup of the data folder, if you want to change the scripts rename the Scripts.rvdata2 file to Scripts.rvdata and load it in rpgmaker VX (not ace) make the changes save and then rename the file back to Scripts.rvdata2 and paste into the RPGmaker VXAce data folder and run the game (note if your asked to save the game do not or the scripts will be overridden)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Started messing with VX Ace after I saw this and I might convert my game once it's finished. Looking forward to it. Good luck!

Rayquaza.

Years
  • RMVX-Ace

a question. with this how easy will be to create a game

Well, knowing VX, its should be very easy, with all the easy event creation and it's revived tileset editor, the only problem with the trial is you can't do much on the basis of opening projects, you can only create a trial project which deletes itself after it you close the program.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back