• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Public or Private school

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I got to a Public "College" School. Most of the facilities are complete, people are friendly and all students, teachers and principal are equal [in rules].

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I went to a private school until the 6th grade, and then I switched to homeschool for two years, and now I'm doing virtual school :D It's my favourite, by faaar <3 I love being able to just sleep in, and just sit in bed and do my work. And there isn't all the filler crap that you get at a regular school, like random breaks and study halls.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    I'm honestly surprised to see the amount of people at "online school". I didn't even know you could do that! (Bar open university stuff). I honestly don't think I'd get on with that though. No one to talk to when stuck, no socializing, no offline friends, no break time Urban Terror (And FPS, for those who haven't heard) matches.

Personally, I've been in private schooling all my life, and I have to say, my experience of them doesn't sound quite like the other people's here. You get your share of rich morons, who are just there because they can afford it, and it's been in their family since their daddy's daddy's daddy, but on the whole, I can't complain, hearing what Public schools can be like in the UK (Dreadful, I hear). Just saying that we're certainly not free of people who couldn't care less. Probably the most annoying thing for me is the sporting obsession. I mean, real, irritating obsession with Rugby, Cricket and Hockey. I'm a very un-sporty person, being Dispraxic (A polite way of saying "clumsy, mal-cooridnated klutz". It wouldn't be so bad if people didn't shout at you for screwing up at it. But hey, I've got my friends, it's alright and all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm in an online school I loved it for 2 years now,yes thats how long I've been homeschooled. But I'm mainly planning on going back to public school in high school next year.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well, on the basic conversation of what is better, Private or Public. The answer to that is Private. The reason for this is because you get better education, and the teachers actually know what they are talking about! Most people will say Public because you can wear casual, or the teachers aren't strict or something. But to be honest, Private is better!

I went to a Private school, the most expensive school in Adelaide. And I only went for 2 years, but then I moved to a Public School, and the Private school was better overall!

This is so true and is the reason I want to go to attend a private school. Unfortunately, there aren't any around where I live that I know about, and I'm too attached to the school I go to now since I have been there since I started attending a school at all and the people there are rather awesome to say the least.. well, the staff there, that is. It's pretty nice too because it was awarded a Blue Ribbon Lighthouse school award, which is supposedly supposed to recognize the top schools in America every where. Which is pretty nice.

But with that said, I still pick Private just because it's been proven that people get a better education which helps them further their lifes, of course, in the future.

People who get concerned with uniforms and such really need to recognize what matters in education.

Last edited by a moderator:

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Public school because, well, I've attended publice schools my whole life! I'm not saying was is better than the other, Because I really can't since Iv'e never gone to private school.

Back