• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Public or Private school

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've always just went to the local school quite near. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad, ei - oh wait, it was. College is good though, although it's a Catholic college so they go on about religion sometimes.

My god Ryab I wanna be like you @_______@
    I go to a private school {teh oldest running girls school in England fyi}. It's pretty samey to public but we have more rules and less hooligans.
    I've been to both a public and private school so I can give a fair vote and say that private owns public ^^

Oh, I think my mum went to that school!

I've attended private schooling and so far, I like how it is smaller and you actually know everyone in the school. XD Since it's darn expensive it's hard for people to get in it resulting in smaller classes. There is only about 22 people in my grade! XD I love my school though. :3

That's crazily small! At my secondary school there were about 250 people in my year o.O

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    i go to public school.
    its basically the same education, you just have to pay nothing.
    but i think you forgot some, mainly home school.

Years
    I have been only to public schools so I have no comparison to make with private schools. I can say that my public education was very good because the school I attended was small. It had only about 444 students spread between grades six through twelve.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    I go to a public school! It's not so bad; way better than being homeschooled, in my opinion. x__x;;; I get to hang with all my friends in school, and the teachers are really nice too! :3

The only problem I have is the lunches... bleh. << Annnnd maybe the principle. Even though she is sexist in my favor lol.

-Neko

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Private is so much better than public we don't have to wear uniforms
    Zomg!! Are ya kidding meh??
    Private is like hell coz they MAKE you wear uniforms!! I've never heard of a uniform less private school... All the private schools here makes ya wear uniforms...
    Arrrghhh!! Imma missin public...

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Public.....I wish I got accepted to Pine Lake! curse you D.J!!!! lol

I really hate my school. We have a cop that comes around and at lunch...he steals your food! And doesn't even say thank you!

Last edited:

POKEMON_MASTER_0

caffeine 1mg/mL, 240 mL po q4h prn fatigue
    Years
    I've been to both private and public schools. Overall, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Private schools. From my experience all of the teachers are dedicated to their work. They want to be there for more than just "paying the bills". They care about their students, thus helping to promote education. This is not to say that all teachers at public schools only care about "paying the bills". I am just saying that there seem to be more undedicated teachers at public schools than private ones (trust me, I have had my share of lousy teachers).

I did not like the private school because it was home to a host of sheltered kids from wealthy families. I'll admit I was one of those kids but once I got into high school, things changed. I noticed how much more...variety there was. You have all of these different social groups, each with their own motives. This type of diversity is interesting, and it isn't something that you get out of a sheltered, private school.

So yes...I could elaborate further, but I think that public and private schools each have their own pros and cons. It's difficult to say that one is better than the other when we cannot define "better" in terms of how it applies to a school. Maybe "different" would be more accurate.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    I went to public, and the answer is public. As much as I hated the hole in the ground, the people were incredibly stupid, it offered a half decent education and the social skills I developed from there were possibly more valuable then the education its self. Nothing wrong with Private schools, but eh.

I do have problems with Homeschooling and Online Virtual Schools, as I don't really feel they are effective and there's really a lack of social skills with them.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I attend private school. Save for the strict uniform code, they are surprisingly lenient with rules.

Captain Blue

Blue the Justice
    Years
    I go to public school. The classes vary in difficulty. If you choose just the regular classes it's a cakewalk, but if you pick advanced placement classes, prepare to get bombarded with tough assignments.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I went through public school of all 12 years of education. Well I almost went to private school, but my parents backed out because they found out how much it will cost. XD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I've only been to public schools, and I've heard bad things a lot the private schools here.

I guess the only good things about private schools is that there are better resources for school and whatnot.

But most people I've heard or seen who've went to private school have.. turned out odd. XD

So public for me, I guess?

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Public schools all the way. I could never attend a private school, too strict and to much cash to get in.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I've gone to public school my whole life...even now I go to a public college =P

I guess you'd probably get a better education/more discipline in private school. My parents actually were debating on whether to send me to private school halfway though high school O.O.....So glad they didn't.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    Went to a private school from 1st-6th grade, where there were no uniforms. Got to know my closest friends there.

Now I'm in a public school, and it's not my cup of tea.

So I'll say private, because of my friends.

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I went to a public primary school and am now at a private secondary school. To be honest, I don't think there are too many differences between private and public schools, though people do say that private schools offer better education. It's certainly a bit more strict, with the uniform and standards but I personally don't think it's that much better; only in some areas.

Back