• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pure Power: Mega Evolution Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hmm... good question. :o I'd probably give one to Sceptile, because, well, out of the three Hoenn starters people rarely utilize this one. After receiving a mega-evolution, it could hopefully gain some popularity-boost. I could imagine its typing to be a combination of dragon/grass, and its design would be sort of bulky-looking so that it could go along with its new type. Would be nice to mega-evolution for Meganium, too, as well as Typhlosion and Feraligatr.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    What starter would you give a mega evolution?

I'd like to see feraligatr get a mega evolution. He was my first starter in any 2nd generation game. A Typhlosion one would be awesome too.

Another one would be sceptile and/or empoleon.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • What starter would you give a mega evolution?

Feraligatr would look pretty awesome with a mega i think, Thyplosion would be amazing as well :D

Id like to see them get a second type as well, although i have no clue which would be fitting

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Typhlosion unfortunately doesn't have a great movepool that would make for a good second type like Charizard with Dragon or Gyarados with Dark. It gets Extrasensory via breeding, but unless its by level-up or TM, I don't think it would really be fitting to make it Psychic-type. Feraligatr does have enough moves to warrant it being either Dragon or Dark when it Mega Evolve, although those combinations have been done quite a few times already though.

Sceptile, on the other hand, learns quite a few Dragon-type moves and we've never seen a Grass/Dragon-type, so that might be worth a shot, although x4 weakness to Ice isn't very appealing...

It would also have 6 weaknesses in total (Ice x4, Poison, Flying, Bug, Dragon, Fairy). Yiiiiiiikes

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If Typhlosion were to get a mega-evolution and a secondary typing, I think ground would fit it quite well. To me, it looks like something that would dig through grounds to get to place, so, yeah. Plus, it'd give this Pokémon an advantage over rock-types, which it's super-effective against. Aside from ground, not really sure what else you could go with... maybe fighting? We already have a lot of fire-fighting Pokémon, though, so I could see people complaining if they were to go towards this route. D:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Username: Nonon
    Partner Mega-Pokemon: Mega Gardevoir.
    Why do you want to join?: I was one of the people who thought that Mega Evolutions were a marketing scam by Game Freak (silly, ik), but as they were released/more were announced, I was convinced they were giving those Pokemon that lucked out of getting evolutions or a boost of a sort a chance to become stronger. As they released and stats and stuff were released, I was more involved in using Mega Evolutions in battle, as they were really strong cough cough mega mawile. So, coming to present times, I now know that Mega Evolutions are an amazing feature in X/Y, and that they serve to make fan favourites and/or underrated Pokemon even better.

Oh, and a lot of them just look badass.
    Which Mega-Evolutions look ugly to you? Definitely Mega Gyarados. It just looks like a giant shrimp to me, or a Gyarados that ate one too many Finneon. :\
    Oh, and Mega Heracross. It just looks fat and slow (which it sadly is), and that nose isn't too appealing to me. I wish Heracross was more like how Mega Pinsir turned out to be. I mean, they're both beetles.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • No Fire/Fighting. No no no no no. Ok, I'm done, but honestly, I think it's enough that we have Blaziken with a Mega Evo as Fire/Fighting and having another would be pointless. I like Fire/Ground though since it does learn Earthquake. It's stats would boost to make it good at Physical and Special attacking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back