• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pushing Paint to its limits...

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Time to restore life into this thread.

I've been attempting to sprite Smogon's third Create-a-Pokemon creation for the sprite polls. It is a Fire/Grass type and is quite bulky in base stats. The design is not my own, but rather submitted by user Elagune, I only interpreted it as best as I could in sprite form.

Original sketch can be found here:
    https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/KnightOfLodis/woodman.png

Anywho, my first round of sprites from it were not so good. I based them off of this sketch, whos main problem was the fact that I drew it too long horizontally thus causing problems upon resizing for sprite editing:
    https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/gilaman.png

Don't get me wrong, the end result isn't terrible. Just see for yourself what could have been:

Early beta sprites:

"Finished versions:

I had originally messed with what types of flame looked better, but in the end it was all for naught, as I had abandoned that sprite and started from scratch on another.

This newer sprite I am immensely more confident about. For one, the pose is much better both in appearance and proportion. (It was easy as pie getting him into the 80x80 specs) I actuallly managed to finish this one off with all the necessary sprites for Shoddy. The sketch I drew for it is here:
    https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/newpose.png

Works in Progress:

Final product: (contains male and female versions and shiny palettes)

I put a lot of time and effort into these, so hopefully it shows. ;)

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • awesome. Your sprites just are off the charts.

I've got a idea for a animated sprite. Why don't you use both poses for it?

can't wait for the new sprite(s)

Cid

Years
  • Amazing sprites, especially the fused ones! And you used Paint only? Unbelievable! Keep up the good work!

Back