• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quanto Fakedex

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
Hi,
I did sprite for a little bit but never got good and now I've started again hoping to improve my skills and be at least a decent spriter with the help of your criticism. That's what I need. Be as picky as you can and it is not going to be hard at all trust me. Some of my sprites are okay but then there are some that stink terribly. Also, PLEASE give me ideas for new fakemon and stuff cause a lot of my ideas stink and some don't really look like pokemon at all. I'm not good at poses either. Yeah, thats a lot of things that i stink at so thats why I need your help.

Also, I have been wanted to make a pokedex with all of my own scratch sprites of fakemon for a while, but never stuck with it.

I only have three sprites that I made yesterday but will update as much as I can (if I remember). I'm trying to get as much done as possible before school starts in fall cause I might have to take a break then since my school is pretty tough and sports and all that I wouldn't have time for this. I just got the free hypercam for my computer so I might be able to make some videos of me making sprites and possibly put them on youtube. If i do i will provide a link for that.

Finally, here are my humble sprites!!:)

worcaw.png
worcawbacksprite.png
- Worcaw #13 Electric/Bug
cawclash.png
cawclashbacksprite.png
- Cawclash #14 Electric/Dark
blawcaw.png
blawcawbacksprite.png
- Blawcaw #15 Electric Dark (I know the backsprite is too big, I'll fix it later)
jinga.png
jingabacksprite.png
- Jinga #16 Flying
walite.png
- Walite #121 Water/Electric

Last edited:
Years
For starters, simplify the shading on the bodies. You don't need complex shading such as the different shades of yellow around the eyes on the one called Cawclash. When you play with the shading it's usually to suggest minor differences in texture suck as a brow or nose or something that might be small and not any different in color, but would still cause a light shadow.

Shapes and outlines are important, too. If you're going to try changing the colors on the outlines (of the body, or just small areas like the eyes) you want to experiment with how you color them. Don't just make them all one color and don't just use random color and placement. Think about how using a lighter color can help make an otherwise dark outline blend a little better with the colors around it. Look at how you did the black outline on the right eye ob Cawclash. All black, stands out, not smooth in places. If you tried to make some of it brown (since brown is sort of between black and yellow) then you can get a smoother.

A great thing to do is to look at official sprites of different generations to see how they did their outlines. Working with those sprites, trying to recreate certain things they do, can help you when you're working on your original sprites.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Right along with what Scarf said, I think that you can really improve your sprites by look ing at official pokemon sprites. For example, look at Cawclash's feet and lower body. The feet are somewhat gauche because they are rectangular; the feet will look more nature if they are rounded. Here are a couple examples of official sprites that you can try to emulate in order to achieve a more professional sprite. Keep in mind shading, lining, and shape. Great start on the fakedex!

palpitoad.png
Wigglytuff(HGSS)Sprite.png

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
Does Cawclash look any better?
cawclash.png
I edited again but here is a newer version of Cawclash. I made him have stubby arms and legs since going straight from worcaw to cawclash with arms legs and claws and stuff seemed like too much of a change. I want the next evolution of Cawclash to have arms and legs with claws and other stuff............

Thanks! I think I'm going to try to get these three sprites as good as possible before I start on new ones. Please tell me what I did wrong on the Jinga and Worcaw too! Thanks.
:classic:

Also, I made Worcaw's shade a little darker, so that it would look better with cawclash's darker shade-

worcaw.png

jinga.png
I fixed up and changed Jingas wings too!

Last edited:

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
blawcaw.png
I just made Blawcaw, Cawclash's evolution, but I'm not sure what's wrong with him. It kind of looks weird to me and its features aren't much different from Cawclash's............hmmmm......what shall I do?
cawclashbacksprite.png
And here is my first ever backsprite!!!! It is cawclash. ( I know it stinks.... )

worcawbacksprite.png
My second backsprite (Its worcaw)
I'm not sure if I'm doing these right.

blawcawbacksprite.png
And my third backsprite! (BLAWCAW!!!!)
I'm just gonna guess that they look alright for now since nobody is saying anything
jingabacksprite.png
AND fourth! JINGA! Now that I'm done with those 4 fakemon for now [Unless any of you correct me on something(I wish that you would)] I might start on Jinga's evolutions if I feel like it, but I might make other random ones............

Last edited:

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
Does anyone know or have a tutorial on how to make the small 32 x 32 sprite icons that you see when you look in your bag? I want to eventually when I make a bunch of sprites be able to put them into a game so I want to make all the types of sprites you need to for each pokemon.

also have an update with a new fakemon which stinks so I would REALLY appreciate some help.
walite.png
Its name is walite

Years
walite.png
Its name is walite

The shading should be consistent between the yellow part of the body and the base of the body (teal/turqoise part of the body). It looks like you are shading two seperate things, but you should be shading it as one thing.

axy6vk.png

Here's my edit, and look how I shaded it. The shading should be similar to Eelektross's shading.

Spr_5b_604.png

Look at the similarities in shading between the belly and the base in my edit of Walite and the official sprite of Eelektross.

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
The shading should be consistent between the yellow part of the body and the base of the body (teal/turqoise part of the body). It looks like you are shading two seperate things, but you should be shading it as one thing.

axy6vk.png

Here's my edit, and look how I shaded it. The shading should be similar to Eelektross's shading.

Spr_5b_604.png

Look at the similarities in shading between the belly and the base in my edit of Walite and the official sprite of Eelektross.

Would this look better? If I didnt include the black line between the colors on its body?
walite.png

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
Years
GOod luck with your sprites they aren't bad and you've gotten some advice from a few sempai,I guess I only have problems with Blawcaw(or whatever) you should make it with a wigglypuff more like body to make it less weird

Back