• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Queenie's scribble corner

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Oop, my bad then haha! I'm not hella sure what I meant myself now :P Either way, ignore that point then!

Years
Beautiful flower dinosaurs too good for this world, too pure

As soon as I saw too-much-green's Meganium variations/crossbreeds (click links for his tumblr+original post) I knew I just had to draw some of them! They are such lovely designs <3

As you can see, my favourites are Snow Radish (+Aurorus), Late Bloomer (+Roserade) and Royal (+Serperior)

I did my best to do them justice and I enjoyed it so much! :>

Click the images for bigger resolution!

Spoiler:

Years
Bringing you a little WIP of something I'm currently working on hehe still in the process of painting those clouds

Criticism is very welcome, especially since I'm still at a stage where I can changes stuff in the drawing :>

EDIT: Added another WIP of the same drawing (or rather of the rocks) and of a dragon I started to take a break from drawing rocks lol not really worth a whole new post

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Concept for another painting I might do? I'll see, since I still have quite a few other unfinished pieces lying around.

I drew something very similar in the past but I think I can do better now

Spoiler:

Years
Haha wow pretty much just having a conversation with myself. But that's not gonna stop me woop woop!

Painting is done :>
It was really weird for me to finish one so fast because I tend to spend so much time on details ... but I really have to learn that sometimes, simplicity works best.

I just love Okami too much

(click the image for bigger version)

Spoiler:

Years
Since giving short answers is really not for me (I always try so hard to make the post not too long -.- ) I thought it might be a good idea to post in your gallery.

The picture has high contrast due to the mostly black-grayish - some white - very few, but hightly saturated colors. The background itself is also different enough in brightness and hue that it looks nice. The smaler trees make it look like fog and the black trees in the foreground make sure that the motiv get's good attention.
However I did like the sketch better then the finished pic in the aspect of the sic of the focus (fox+flower). The form of the flower plant also looks more like it was growing naturally, because it's more curvy, and more like it was actually growing on the tree, because it goes on and of off the visible part of the tree, so it makes the impression of wrapping around.

The fox really turned out beautiful. (I hope it's supposed to be a fox) To my surprise at third sight the joints of the legs seem to be a bit of, but I really can't catch why. It also does not interfere with the art being pleasant to the eye. I just noticed when I was staring at it wondering "Is it a wolf? Could be a fox, actually is more likely a fox... How could you tell the difference?" I settled for wolfs usually lookung more massive ^.^;
The proportions do look really nicely met. I already noticed this on your pokémon drafts when I scaned through your gallery a few days ago. Like those as well. They all give of this "I'm a real animal"feeling.

Done for now.

Oh, and I'm really happy to have helped you on the rabbit.

Years

Wow, thanks again for the great comment!
I do agree with you that the sketch had a slightly better composition ... I guess I kinda got carried away painting the actual piece? And then I didn't want to change it anymore haha (it's a wolf by the way)
And I'm really glad you're saying my Pokemon give off a "real animal" feel because that's what I'm going for!! :> though I always try to find the right balance between "real animal" but still recognisable Pokemon ... which I find really hard sometimes
And yes, you did really help me with the Lopunny! That one is still a work in progress, though ... lots of fur to paint

-----------------------

And now something new!
Nothing too big but still.

It's Usagi from Sailor Moon ... Sailor Moon will forever have a special place in my heart heh

I'm not 100% happy with this and I know there are flaws. This was done completely with coloured pencils (no pencil sketch)… I love the way it looks, but it does make correcting mistakes close to impossble haha

Either way, it was lots of fun! Kind of a quickie I guess

Spoiler:

Reactions: ZKE

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
Years
On the whole this is a really strong drawing. I think she'd look a little better with open eyes but I'm adoring the highlights throughout the hair and the general pattern you've done for that. I'm also digging the sweater on the whole. I think her fingers look a little oddly shaped/spaced, though. They could be widened a little and clustered somewhat more naturally together?

On the first page, the flames glowing through Houndoom's bones, tail, bracelets, and belly look really, really neat, as if the inferno really is boiling within and ready to be expelled in a burst of "Flamethrower!" at the command of its trainer. I don't quite like how it extends into the eyes though. I can't shake something about it being unnerving and not realistic in-spite the effort you've put into the open jaws, snout, whiskers, and general fur. I'll cover your other art in a bit but you've definitely got a talent for drawing.

Years
Aaaah I'm finally back! Pardon my inactivity. Got caught up in lots of stuff in real life

Thank you very much for your comment!!
I definitely agree that her hand could need some revision ... but as the whole thing was done in coloured pencils, I couldn't correct mistakes as much as I needed to haha

I'm glad you like the Houndoom, too, and it seems to have the intended effect! I can totally see where you're coming from concerning the fire/glowing of the eyes. When I drew it (I think almost a year ago by now??) I thought it was a pretty cool idea ... but I agree that it might be a bit too much

I got new pieces to show, yay! (as usual, click the images for bigger resolution)

First a Mega Banette for a big group collaboration on deviantART, inspired by its Y dex entry:
"Strong feelings of hatred turned a puppet into a Pokémon. If it opens its mouth, its cursed energy escapes."
Spoiler:

Then an Arcanine that almost looks like a companion piece to that Houndoom haha
Title is "Flare Blitz" and I think that says it all
Why is drawing fire so hard??
Spoiler:

Here's two detail shots, too, if you're interested:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Reactions: ZKE
Years
Some more stuff!

First, a rather big painting I started a few days ago. I haven't done a proper background in quite a while so hopefully I'll manage to finish it!

I've taken several screenshots along the way so here's the first few steps :>

Spoiler:

And theeeen two fanarts for Dengeki Daisy..(psssh that manga is definitely my guilty pleasure)
I really love drawing happy people. Just moments happiness, tranquility, contentment. It's so soothing.

I definitely need to work on my humans ... still haven't found a style to stick to

Spoiler:

Years
Have some quick sketches/studies of Pokemon dragons! :>

Tried to give them all specific wings that are still (some what) functional

Spoiler:

Years
This took SO LONG. I'm so happy it's done aaaaaah

I know there's some mistakes but honestly, at the moment I really don't care

A young trainer gets surprised by a sudden shower and tries to seek shelter underneath her Tropius' giant banana leaves wings.

(click image for bigger version)

Spoiler:

Years
I can't believe how productive I've been

But don't worry, spamming will stop soon. Uni's about to start. Yaaay.

(Click for bigger image, as usual)

Spoiler:

Back