• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about D/P: 507 Champion Shirona Appears!!

PoisonOwnzYou

//SEETHER\\
Years
  • OKay they have the whole truth on wikipedia
    translation-
    Paul owns the Torterra which he got as a starter pokemon. It traveled with him while he was in the other regions. Chimchar he got when he was traveling in sinnoh, along with elekid. He probably has other pokemon, so thats why he released so many, and wikipedia is not specific on how he got murkrow and weaville

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • This does not make any sense, how'd shinji manage to be in all the league championships which ash has been in and not of been noticed.

Years
  • This does not make any sense, how'd shinji manage to be in all the league championships which ash has been in and not of been noticed.

Maybe he had a secret identity, or plastic surgery?

Or he's stealing the identity of other trainers, as well as their Pokemon?

Maybe he's in line with that Jay fellow... or I could be over analyzing it.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • Uh there at a lot of people at these tournaments. What would be the odds of actually seeing Paul at the league with Ash anyway. It'd be like trying to look for them at the Olympics.

Oh and as of now, Paul is officially my favorite main character (next to Brock of course).

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that he'd be noticed especially in the johto league chaampionchips where gary faced ash becuase they basically showed whos paired up to face who and when ash lost to that guy in the hoen league and the guy won the championships and paul was still not noticed so pokemon is really making no sense and also how did paul receive a turtwig as his starter in sinnoh if he didnt even know who prof rowan was because when ash first battled paul paul is all like from the looks of things you must be prof rowan, so that means that he didnt even know the guy so Pokemon isnt making any sense with there storyline..

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • Shinji said that he participated in the Johto League. That doesn't mean Shinji participate in the same Johto League as Ash did.
    Also, I don't believe it was said that Professor Rowan was the only person in Shinou that gave trainers their starting Pokémon.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I was jsut about to post that exact thing...XD Anyway it makes sense because Shinji looks (If not the same older) same age as Ash. I mean there was no way he could be a begining trainer. I mean he is way to disciplined. However during the episode it makes me wonder if Hikozaru is gonna stay withy Shinji.

Ash sdoesn't have a Fire Type yet which he always gets in the Main seasons, eventhough considering Gary has a Magmar and Electivire and Shinji has an Elekid I don't think a Magmortar would suit Ash. However Farfetch'd (XD) that Ash will get Hikozaru may be it's possable.

I have a direct translation (provided by Yamato-san who corrected me)

"Ore ga saisho ni moratta Pokemon desu." ("It's the Pokemon I received when starting out." He says this in reply to Shirona pointing out how Dodaitose seems particularly well-trained).

"Sore kara Houen, Jouto, Kantou no Riigu mo arimashita*. Yuushou wa mada desu." ("Afterwards, I was in Houen, Jouto, and Kantou's Leagues. I still haven't won the championship.")

"Manyuura to Yamikarasu wa sono tabi no tochuu de Getto shimashita." ("I Got Manyula and Yamikarasu during that journey.")

Very interesting.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • Shinji said that he participated in the Johto League. That doesn't mean Shinji participate in the same Johto League as Ash did.
    Also, I don't believe it was said that Professor Rowan was the only person in Shinou that gave trainers their starting Pokémon.

Good point it wasnt said. But I can still assume:P and yea your right maybe it was not the same one o.o;; so it's all starting to make sense, thanks :D

Years
  • Well, if you look at Sugimori's original design of Shinji, it's taken right from Silver (the rival from G/S/C). Ignoring the fact he was in Crystal's OP, maybe they were going to use the design, but for some reason couldn't. I think maybe they were trying with a Johto allusion behind Shinji's character design/origins if nothing else.

When you consider D/P on the whole, they're really trying to suck up to the canon gamers out there: the 1st Gym Battle and all of its exposition, Four Emperors left and right, Galaxy-Dan, the in-game friends like Cheryl (I forget her Japanese name), etc.

Edit: Character sheet is on Shinji's profile on Bulbapedia. Which I can't seem to find right now. Heh.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Ash sdoesn't have a Fire Type yet which he always gets in the Main seasons, eventhough considering Gary has a Magmar and Electivire and Shinji has an Elekid I don't think a Magmortar would suit Ash. However Farfetch'd (XD) that Ash will get Hikozaru may be it's possable.

Yeah I wasn't implying I think Satoshi is gonna get Hikozaru. I was just saying.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Well still however obscure it may seem it's still possable, I still don't believe Shinji has a Dodaitose O.O

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • It was his starter. I mean he wouldn't be so cruel to his starter. Poor Chimchar he proably kid nap from his Infernape parents.XD

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Does the anime actually say he got Hikozaru from Professor Rowan? And I wonder hoew he got his Turtwig as a starter, since he claims never meeting Rowan before.

Years
  • Well, don't forget, D/P allows for other trainers to have the Starters besides the players. And the anime has shown the starters are not always connected to the Professors. So, yeah.

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
  • Hey may have gotten the Turtwig from a professor operating closer to Veilstone. Or whoever was the man giving out the starters the year he set out.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • It was his starter. I mean he wouldn't be so cruel to his starter. Poor Chimchar he proably kid nap from his Infernape parents.XD

Lol to that xD What if he did? You never know. And yes paul probably got the Turtwig from the prof in veilstone town becuase rowan did not give him nothing o.o;;.

Back