• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Question about leveling up

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    Alright, so I'm looking to get into competitive battling.

I've beaten the elite four. I've also started to breed pokemon with good natures and started to ev train.

My line up stands as this(obviously not done):

Arcanine lvl 58 Adamant
    Gengar Lvl 62 Timid
    Blastoise Lvl 50 Bold
    Beldum lvl 8 Adamant

This is all I have so far..

Now my question is this.. how do YOU train them to 100?

Do people seriously just kill ev pokemon till lvl 100?

Or do you perhaps constantly challenge the Elite four after you've done enough ev training?

Seriously, I would like to know how you guys bring your pokemon to lvl 100.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    After Ev-training I usually challenge the E4 over and over again. Takes very long though, so I have only 3-4 pokemon that are maxed out.

Good luck with that~

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
    The Elite Four helps a lot ~
    So does EXP Share, but that's pretty obvious.

Um, do sidequests and stuff. Such as Stark Mountain, like Adam said.
    Just train, I guess is the best way to put it, in any way you can. nvn

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Resources for competitive battling:
    Smogon's database of Pokemon Strategy/Moveset Articles
    Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A
    Compiled Competitive Guides

You do not necessarily need to train your team to level 100 if you are battling over Wifi. You do have to train them if you are battling locally....

A Pokemon can gain a maximum of 510 EVs, so any EVs gained after that limit are disregarded. Thus, some trainers can EV train within a couple of levels, provided that trainers use shortcuts (by using Pokerus, Macho Brace, and Power items to multiply the amount of EVs gained). So, there is honestly no need to keep training after your Pokemon is fully EV trained...

There is no Johto or Johto Isle in DPPt

Please use the Quick Question and Answer Thread for future questions. A simple question such as "Where can I train?" clutters up the main DPPt forum, which is devoted to discussion. Thanks, and happy training.

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back