• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Question about the FireRed start-up screen

Years
  • hey guys, this is my first post here, but i'm currently in the midst of working on a hack of my own: Pokemon Sakura Version. i'm excited to make something of my own after playing other hacks so long, and learning everything is pretty difficult but so worth it.

anyways, i was wondering if on the fire red start-up screen (with charizard and such), if it would be possible to remove the fire and replace it with a gif of my own in order to have an animated title screen. i plan on removing the charizard sprite entirely and just having the gif as a background. is this plausible? please offer me any help or insight into this if you can, and thank you in advance for reading!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    hey guys, this is my first post here, but i'm currently in the midst of working on a hack of my own: Pokemon Sakura Version. i'm excited to make something of my own after playing other hacks so long, and learning everything is pretty difficult but so worth it.

anyways, i was wondering if on the fire red start-up screen (with charizard and such), if it would be possible to remove the fire and replace it with a gif of my own in order to have an animated title screen. i plan on removing the charizard sprite entirely and just having the gif as a background. is this plausible? please offer me any help or insight into this if you can, and thank you in advance for reading!
    Not directly from a gif, but this should be what you're looking for:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196269

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've sifted through this, and all it manages to tell about the fire is how to remove it entirely and replace it with a static image. Thank you though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I've sifted through this, and all it manages to tell about the fire is how to remove it entirely and replace it with a static image. Thank you though.
    My bad. I see that even my reply had the word "gif," but I was thinking of a static image.

Last edited:
    Back