• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Question about the Mew Glitch

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
  • Okay, so I finally got Fly in Blue, and I tried the Mew trick. However, my start button won't work afterwards, and neither will the caption screen! It freezes up when I go to battle the kid in Cerulean. Can anyone help me out with this?

Years
  • Well its supposed to be like that...

Did you try the one where you walk in front of a gambler in some sorta route? ( I forgot... )

Mew22

Invader Zim FAVORITE FAN
    Years
  • Skye said:
    Okay, so I finally got Fly in Blue, and I tried the Mew trick. However, my start button won't work afterwards, and neither will the caption screen! It freezes up when I go to battle the kid in Cerulean. Can anyone help me out with this?
    its supposed to until u defeat the youngster and then do the rest itll be fine tried it before skye

Blastoise Master 8

The n00b Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2006
    What is the Mew glitch? If I get it then trade it onto R/Y/G/S/C will it mess them up? (I have blue)

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
  • nope because you can do the mew on red and yellow and i traded mine from red 2 gold and nothing happened but then weeks later my cousin started a new game thinking there were multiple save smots (noooooooooo my L99 mew & L100 typhlosion why why why:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( i morn his deletetion every night and i cant replace him because at the same time i look for my red cart)

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    1. if the start button doesnt work, that means you did it right.
    2. you have to make the boy in cerulean WALK to you. do not step right infront of him.
    i hope that helps!
    EDIT: okay, i saw that this was already answered....
    sooo, no when you trade it does not mess up and game. infact, after you catch mew, your game should be fine (unless u used another glitch or cheat)
    and that was answered too...
    so if u have any other questions, im ready!

Blastoise Master 8

The n00b Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2006
    Well, I'm just thinking it was done on purpose because if it wasn't, there wouldn't be a sprite for mew, would there? (Still hasn't done it yet, scared of messing things up..........)

Golden Groudon

hi i'm golden groudon
    Years
  • Blastoise Master 8 said:
    Well, I'm just thinking it was done on purpose because if it wasn't, there wouldn't be a sprite for mew, would there? (Still hasn't done it yet, scared of messing things up..........)
    The will be a sprite for mew because there was a event (I think)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2004
    Here's the cheat
    You must have at least 3 badges Fly and haven't versed the Gambler and Youngster in front of the 2 trees you fly to Celadon then go through the underground passage after you get out walk 1 step then press start then go to pokemon and fly then your start button will not work for a while go up to the youngester i tolded to verse then let him walk up to you then after you battle him fly to Lavender Town then walk to the route to the West as soon as you get out of Lavender ur start menu will appear after that press b then a Lv.7 Mew will appear you need about 20 great balls to catch him.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    its on my site :d
    and
    the mew sprite is in there because you can recieve him on the japanese version, and the american version is an edited japanese version, so the sprite of mew is still in there, for event and what not

Back