• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question for old schoolers

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    When I was very very little back before pokemon was released in the States I received this pokemon video in the mail for my birthday (from FOX kids or something lol). Anyhow, it had this nerdy black dude in suspenders or something haha. I'm trying to think of the name of this video but for the life of me can't remember. It was telling about what pokemon was going to be about and showed a lot with pidgeotto. Any ideas?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wasnt one of the lucky few kids to get my hands on the video but it was good to see. it was kind of funny.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    The video is inaccurate because, aside from the disputed case of Brock, there are no black people in Pokemon because the anime is clearly racist.

Still, the acting is hilariously innacurate and it's fun to watch these people pretend to be Ash's family. We know his cousins, aunt, mother and teacher, but still haven't figured out, after 11 (14 for the Japanese, if I'm not mistaken) years, who his father is?

Sheesh. What an atrocity.

サトヒロ=カノン

◄ASH&RITCHIE TOGETHER FOREVER►
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    its an abuse of the anime, pokemon usa turned pokemon into prostitution, it isnt about catch them all, that sick bastards, it was only made for commercial purpose, dumb pokemon usa morons,
    pokemon should be kept original

is that 1:26 self made? anime never looked to bad drawn. pokemon usa also supported pokeshipping, sick bastards. original pokemon never was biased by heterosexuality

who made the video should be killed

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Oh my giddy aunt. What on earth did I just watch?
    ...I think if I'd seen that video before I found out about Pokemon I wouldn't have wanted to play it! XD
    Actually, I was only around five at the time, so I don't think I would have understood anyway.

What the heck was that 'science teacher' talking about? Pikachu unleashes electric potential and shocks with ampers? Ampers? WHAT?
    'Equal to the difference of a constant current of 1000 ampers, when the power dissipates (spelling??) between two points-!"
    I think he cuts off there because he suddenly realises that he's making NO SENSE. I mean, that whole line was really just made to seem technical in order to confuse young children and make them think Pikachu's really cool, I think...

Though when the 'science teacher' says "But don't be deciiieeved..." I laughed out loud. Gosh, how cheesy and cringeworthy this video is!

Thanks for bringing it up, chalk, and to you, Innagadadavida, for finding and supplying a link! I appreciate it! ^_^
    xX

Back