• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Questions about EV training...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHeartSushi

The One with the Awesomness
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    I have some questions like......

1.Do you EV train all the way to level100 without stopping..or is there a max of ev's per stat?

2.How much better will an EV trained pokemon be than a non-EV trained pokemon?

3.If there is a max, after you're done Ev training in both stats you want, do you just go back to regular training and not worry about it and it will raise ok....or will you have to train against the pokemon that have those Ev's you want even though they're maxed?

BTW EVERYBODY I'M NEW!!!(SO DON'T GET USED TO THE GOOD GRAMMAR!!)

ranger of almia

I herd u liek kipz of mudz.
    Years
  • i can answer Q2 its yes because i had a friends team beat because they where all raised by rare candys.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • 1. One stat can have a total of 255 EVs. But since roughly four EVs equals one stat increase (thanks TwilightBlade for that bit of info), most just train to 252 and use the remaining EV's in another stat. Once all 510 EVs are filled up, you are done EV training.

2. EV trained Pokemon are much better in competitive battling compared to non-EV trained Pokemon because EV trained Pokemon have been trained to excel more in a specific stat, as opposed to non-EV'd Pokemon where their EV's are spread out or have none at all. Also, if you didn't keep track of your EV's for a non-EV trained Pokemon, a physical sweeping Pokemon could have EV's in special attack, which is incredibly pointless.

3. Once you've filled up all 510 EVs, you can just focus on leveling up your Pokemon for attacks that it may need. It won't lose or gain any EVs.

IHeartSushi

The One with the Awesomness
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    Thank you very much both of you btw i am new here as u can c my grammar is nao horrible lolzzz

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back