• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick, heavy-hitter Fire or psychic Pokemon?

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I want to beef up my deck and I need some Psychic or Fire type cards that have strong attacks for a cheaper cost, but also maybe quicker to get out, like 1st stage sets or basic pokemon (legendaries, etc). I have an arcanine thats great, and an infernape thats a basic, theyre pretty good. but i need more powerhouse to cut down on my 2 stage runs with not that much power. ANy tips?

I know for sure I want a couple Victini (100 damage). beyond that, and for psychic, i don't know what to use.

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    Granted those are decent, are also expensive and not out yet. Yeah. I'll get boosters when it does but I need something from current backwards. any set. and not crazy expensive.

Years
  • Considering they release tomorrow, they shouldn't be terribly difficult to acquire in the near future. (b'-')b

Older cards I am at a loss for since I didn't play competitively pre-HGSS, though generally most Mewtwo cards seem highly efficient.

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    That's just it, most Mewtwo i see are not. except maybe that rocket one. er.. where it gets energy from discard and does 60 for 3. And considering my arcanine does 50 for 2 and 90 for 4, i need some stuff more in that range of efficiency. Also note that I'm not rich and would MAYBE be able to get 1-2 boosters a week tops. Thats a lot to leave to random chance. Do not many people visit this forum and comment on stuff by the way?

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
  • Reshiram (the non-EX version) is actually really easy to obtain, thanks to it now being obtainable in a theme deck (2 copies), as well as being a normal rare in Next Destinies.

Reshiram-EX will be obtainable in a tin next month.

Darmanitan, a Stage 1 Psychic-type from Next Destinies is actually a pretty solid attacker, as its DarMAXitan attack costs just two Energy of any type, and has you flip a coin for each energy attached to it, dealing 50 damage for each heads. If you use this, make sure you use a Victini with the Victory Star Ability, as it lets you redo your coin flips for attacks just in case the flips don't go your way.

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    This relates, Does Psychic mirage make each psychic energy attached to Mewtwo count as two attached? Making its Attack Stronger? Along with Darmanitan's DarMAXitan attack getting more flips?

Years
  • I suppose Mewtwo aren't exactly the best by today's standards, but they were pretty good for their eras. Mewtwo ex was actually pretty powerful, but you did give up two prizes if it got knocked out.

I don't know the exact rulings on Psychic Mirage. I'm curious now, though. Maybe someone else here knows the answer or can look it up (I'm a little busy so I may not have time to look this up).

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I did want that psychic Darmanitan actually. and if that gardevoir thing works...awesome. Also, id rather have the victini that does 100 damage for 2.

Back