• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Quick or Slow Battle

Quick or Slow Battle

• Quick Battle

Votes: 65 86.7%
  • Slow Battle

Votes: 10 13.3%

• Total voters

NatureKeeper

I thankfully KO them quickly. They don't get a chance to touch me. I sometimes dish with Sand-Attack, the best move in my opinion along with Double-Team (evasiveness and accuracy FTW!).

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    Like a guy in Ruby wrote into his Pokenav, strike before striken!^^ I prefer pwning my enemies with strong attacks and I'm trying to sweep with every Pokemon (Yeah, I have a Calm Mind Cress, it really kicks ass!^^), even with those where you shouldn'y do that... Well, I know how EVing and DVing works and I'm also no noob at strategy, but I prefer the good ol' sweepin' !^^

RCMF13

HI GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    Quick battle usually, but sometimesI have to go slow and use stat altering moves.

Mostly quick battle, so I voted for "quick battle"

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Do you defeat the enemy quickly with strong attacks, or do you take it slowly and lower their defense, and put them to sleep, etc?

--

I take them down quickly, so they have less chance to attack me :D

I don't know it depends. If I am craving to play Pokemon then yes I love to take it a little slowly. If I am craving pokemon but want to beat the elite four so I can get the Battle Park unlocked then I rush it with strong attacks. On Wi-fi I would use any attack as long as it kills the enemy faster and easier.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2013
    For competitive, slow battles. A 6-0 stall is so much more gratifying than just dragon dancing a salamence and sweeping 6-0

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
    If it's a random trainer/wild Pokémon battle, I'll try and just make the Pokémon faint ASAP, but I always have a strategy for Wi-Fi battles, Gym Battles, E4, Pokémon I want to catch etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    In-game, I prefer to finish battles as quickly as possible. I really see no reason for prolonging battles when I could be moving on to other battles or getting more training done.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Quick Battles, seeing as I like to blitz. xD, I mean, I go full offense. I don't really use moves like Calm Mind and such. Seems like a waste... then I curse myself for losing. xD

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    A fast battle is a sure battle no? If you an win quickly then your victory has been assured now, and if not youll now, but with a slower battle theres always that impending threat that, oh frick I might lose, or something horrible may happen leading to an even longer battle full of woe. Power is power as the name entails, why not use it?

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
    really i have an mixed team planned. if you played battle factory a lot, you may have seen the umbreon. it's a beast. not really, but it can stand up to just about anything.

usually my team has like 4 all out attackers, 2 defenders. pretty balanced. the defenders are especially good against those powerhouses you just can't seem to beat.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Most of the time, I prefer a quick battle. However, I do like slow battles if I'm up against somone awesome, like Cynthia. In other cases though, slow battles are frustrating.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Generally, quick battles are my forte. I train fast, powerful Pokemon who can take their opponent out in 1-2 hits. However, if it is a multiplayer/Wi-Fi battle, I will take however long I have to to win. I will, however, take the slow and steady approach when using my Darkrai, thanks to Dark Void. I lost track of how many kills I got by using Dark Void, Nightmare, and then Faint Attack. But for all my other Pokemon (I try to keep my Shaymin in Sky Forme as much as possible), I try to hit first and hit hard, so I can't get hit myself.

Back