• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Should I trade in my Diamond game to go towards Platinum?

I really need help with this one guys!

Diamond was my first DS game ever, and now it's come Christmas time and I've recieved enough money to buy Platinum, but I'd like it a bit cheaper. So, I thought I'd just trade it in to EB Games to get it cheaper.

However this game is fairly hard to let go. I believe it was the Pokemon game I had defeated the Elite Four 49 times, also the first game I had that had a level 100 I had trained myself.

I know Platinum's much better in all ways possible, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    I really need help with this one guys!

Diamond was my first DS game ever, and now it's come Christmas time and I've recieved enough money to buy Platinum, but I'd like it a bit cheaper. So, I thought I'd just trade it in to EB Games to get it cheaper.

However this game is fairly hard to let go. I believe it was the Pokemon game I had defeated the Elite Four 49 times, also the first game I had that had a level 100 I had trained myself.

I know Platinum's much better in all ways possible, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Stores like that always give you about 1/3 of what they'll sell it for. In this case, you'll probably get about 12 bucks for it at best. It seems you have put much time and effort into the game (judging by your level 100 and the amount of times you beat the elite four, I'd say 200+ hours). What you should do is ask yourself if it is really worth trading a game that you have put that much effort into and are emotionally attached to. You also should consider that, with the current minimum wage, you'd most likely be able earn the money you'd otherwise save (by selling the game) in about two hours. How does that compare to the time you have put into your Diamond? In my opinion, I think the game is worth more than the small price they would pay for it.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Personally, I wouldn't do it. Stores like that always give you about 1/3 of what they'll sell it for. In this case, you'll probably get about 12 bucks for it at best. It seems you have put much time and effort into the game (judging by your level 100 and the amount of times you beat the elite four, I'd say 200+ hours). What you should do is ask yourself if it is really worth trading a game that you have put that much effort into and are emotionally attached to. You also should consider that, with the current minimum wage, you'd most likely be able earn the money you'd otherwise save (by selling the game) in about two hours. How does that compare to the time you have put into your Diamond? In my opinion, I think the game is worth more than the small price they would pay for it.

I contacted them a while ago and they said they would give me $17 for it, or $19 if I had my EDGE+ card with me. This is very good because it would lower the $64 down to about $47 dollars.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2011
    Hi guys. There's my question.
    In Pokemon Pearl... where the hell is the IV Judge that i can find in the Battle Tower playing pokemon soul silver?
    I just can't find it! I have to do something to unlock him? Is he in the Pearl cart or Nintendo create him only with Platinum?

Thanks in advance.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Hi guys. There's my question.
    In Pokemon Pearl... where the hell is the IV Judge that i can find in the Battle Tower playing pokemon soul silver?
    I just can't find it! I have to do something to unlock him? Is he in the Pearl cart or Nintendo create him only with Platinum?

Thanks in advance.

If i'm not wrong, that man exist only in Platinum so that;s the reason for not found him in Pearl.

Does the time it take to breed a pokemon depend on time or steps.

It also depends on several factors that mess the x steps that you should take to hatch your egg, like talk to a NPC, the day care man, enter a building etc. This afternoon when i reach home, i post a link to a guide for breeding and there is explain all the factors that take part in the breeding and hatch of the egg. :D

Last edited:

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    So,i recently heard about the shiny beast events and ash's pikachu event happening thru out january.

I have a few questions since this will be my first ever events i went too.

1:For the shiny beast events that happen at gamestop.How many times in one day can u recieve that one or how many times thru the week it is going on for that one pokemon.

also when i go to gamestop what do i do.

2:For the ash's pikachu event at toys r us i wanted to know pretty much the same thing as above.

I will be very grateful if anyone can anwser my questions clearly and accuratly.

Thank you in advance.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    :Shiny Beast Schedules:
    Raikou - January 3rd, 2011 to January 9th, 2011
    Entei - January 17th, 2011 to January 23rd, 2011
    Suicune January 31st, 2011 to February 6th, 2011

:Ash Pikachu Schedule:

January 30th, 2011 to February 6th, 2011

You can only receive one per game pack. You can always reset your game then do it over again. Or some people get them via a ROM and extract the Wonder Card then get as many as they want. I don't know how it works first hand though.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    First you need Mystery Gift. Go to Jubilife TV Station, talk with the interviewer on the third floor and say Everyone Happy Wifi Connection then he will give you Mystery Gift. Then once you got Mystery Gift go to Receive Gift then Select via Wireless. Upon that you will see the pokemon, it is sent to a person in green waiting for you at any Pokemart.

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    Which one shall I get out of diamond and platnium? And what's the difference? Is platnium like both together? Is platnium worth like the extra £8 - £10?

Cheers.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I'd get Platinum, just for the sheer fact you can re-battle gym leaders, catch both Palkia and Dialga on the same game, you have Gen I Legendary Trio as Roamers. I am sure there are other features. I think Platinum has more move tutors as well. Either way I would go with Plat.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Which one shall I get out of diamond and platnium? And what's the difference? Is platnium like both together? Is platnium worth like the extra £8 - £10?

Cheers.

You should definitely get Platinum. The battles in DP are VERY slow which makes them quite tedious. Platinum and HGSS sped up the battles to make them almost as fast as the Gen III games.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    It seems i have beat the elite 4,catched dialga and palkia,went to the battle area but i still can't reface gym leaders.Anyone know why?

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    It seems i have beat the elite 4,catched dialga and palkia,went to the battle area but i still can't reface gym leaders.Anyone know why?
    You must have completed the Stark Mountain quest with Buck. Then you can go in the restaurant in Survival Area and re-battle the gym leaders.

Back