• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I just notied that you can bury as many of same kind of sphere in the same spot as you want. Whats the point of this?

Years
    Well, if you bury several of the same spheres in the same spot and dig them up again, then you get 1 bigger sphere afterwards. It's kinda useful if your spheres were just a few sizes short of getting an item you wanted.

Years
    It adds them up, but it's weighted. Don't expect a size 99 sphere if you bury a size 50 and a size 44 sphere in the same spot. Not sure of the exact calculations, atm.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Yep. Its shiny forever. Thats how people get Shiny Lucario's and Shiny Metagross's and such.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2009
    Miltank & Tauros in Platinum -- IMPOSSIBLE TO GET?!

Okay, so the Pokédex in Pokémon Platinum, along with Serebii, Bulbapedia, and everywhere else says that you can find Miltank and Tauros on Route 210 South using the PokéRadar. But Route 210 South has no grass that you can use the PokéRadar in!! There's only the tall grass that you can't ride a bike through, which you also can't use the PokéRadar in. So how are you supposed to get Miltank and Tauros in Platinum?! Did Nintendo and Game Freak just mess up, or is there a way that I'm not seeing?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2009
    Just before you hit the northern section of route 210, there should be a grassy patch to the right that you can use the Pokeradar in.
    Not in Platinum. The grass was replaced with flowers...

EDIT: Never mind, you were right. I wasn't going up high enough. >_>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    Secret Key Wi-fi

Is this in the right place?......oh well never mind. Anyway I was wondering, I'm using a USA Platinum cartridge in Singapore and I heard that the Secret Key was going to be available on Wi Fi. Would I be able to obtain it?

Years
    No, you don't have to be in America, although, if there's an American base near you, it might get better "key" reception (Pun intended >.<)
    It should be based on the game card.

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
    Yes talk to the tv station owner guy in Jubilife City and enter EveryBody Happy then after that put Wi-Fi Connection

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    EV training question!

I'm having trouble with EVs at the moment. I'm kind of new to the whole EV training thing, and I need some help.

You see, I'm training my Rotom, in Platinum, in the defense stat. It is in fact, holding a Power Belt. Now, checking Serebii, training off of some Pelippers would be good, and I did that. I remember one time, it gained a level and received +10 stat points for Defense. Now, I got the Secret Key yesterday, and turned it into the Rotom: Fan Forme. I trained it against 10 Pelippers, gained a level, and probably gained like, 20 EVs(I used the counter app in the Pokétch), and it only gained 3 stat points!

Now here's the question, does Rotom only gain the Defense stat in it's original forme, since the others have some increased stats? Or did I just already answer my question? >>

Thanks in advance for any help~

Last edited:
    Years
    EVs are different than the stat boosts you gain. EVs are factors that determine those stat boosts. You can have 255 EVs in any given stat and 510 EVs total. For every 4 EVs in a stat, that stat gains 1 more point at lv. 100 then it would without it. Therefore, the max amount of point you can gain in a stat is 63, since 255/4 = 63 R3. Since those extra 3 EVs will be going to waste, its better just to have an EV spread of 252 rather than 255. For example: My Jigglypuff has 0 EVs in HP and a stat of 360 at lv. 100. If I gave it 92 EVs in HP prior, its HP stat would now be 283 since 92/4 = 23. If I gave it 252, it would have 323, since 252/4 = 63.

Also, it is important to note that these points are gained gradually. For example: Let's say that normally Chansey gains 4-5 HP when leveling up. If I were to start at lv. 1, give it 252 in HP, and end at lv. 8, then it would be gaining around 5 HP for every level up, not really a noticeable difference. If I were to start training it at later levels then that's when you'll notice a difference. Let's use the same situation from before except that it's lv. 50 though, and it ended before lv. 51 with 252 in HP. Its initial stat boost would probably be something like 37 in HP, but afterwards, it would go back to the usual 5 in HP afterwards.

Does this help, or would you like something explained more?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Whoops, meant to say 3 stat points...

Anyways, I realize that, kind of...
    But that wasn't exactly the question. Unless that was answering, because if that was the answer, then could you explain more, because this is still very confusing.

Again, thanks a ton~

Back