• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    if i have a gardevoir, and i want to pass down shadow ball and thunderbolt to a ralts, it is female and males are supposed to passing down moves. can i breed with ditto and get the moves (i would rather try but i don't have a ditto yet)
    Male with TM or egg moves with ditto will be passed down if the baby can learn them, but female with TM or egg moves with ditto won't.

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    Will a Japanese Movie Shaymin unlock the Gracidea Flower in an English Platinum? I'd like to know before going through with a trade.

Also, for a level 100 Pokemon, I know we can still use berries to decrease the EV's in a certain stat, but will we be able to get those EV's back in for another stat? Since the Pokemon can no longer level up..?

Last edited:
    Years
    Since the requirement is to have the event Shaymin in the party, I'm fairly certain it will work, but I'm not 100% sure.

EVs stop being gained at lv. 100, so no, you can't gain them back.

Ghost...

Unknown Ghost of Pokemon Tower
    Years
    Share Skymin?

Can the TRU Shaymin Wonder Card be shared from Diamond and Pearl to Platinum? I missed the event and was wondering if I could obtain Skymin this way.

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
    Will a Japanese Movie Shaymin unlock the Gracidea Flower in an English Platinum? I'd like to know before going through with a trade.

Also, for a level 100 Pokemon, I know we can still use berries to decrease the EV's in a certain stat, but will we be able to get those EV's back in for another stat? Since the Pokemon can no longer level up..?

I'm not entirely sure if a pokemon can still gain EVs once it is at lvl 100, but if it does, you can always use the box trick to exchange those EVs for stat points. (Depost the pokemon, close, then withdraw)

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Can the TRU Shaymin Wonder Card be shared from Diamond and Pearl to Platinum? I missed the event and was wondering if I could obtain Skymin this way.

No. The only Wonder Card that can be shared is the Japanese Secret Key, and that's only between other copies of Platinum.

Roxas92

I HEAR The FEAR In Your VOICE.
    Years
    Rather Confused!? XP

Okay. I just got Platinum like yesterday. Its pretty intense. And i was just wondering.. I got up to my second badge and then I ended up fighting the Hearthome gym leader and getting my fifth badge. Now I have to fight the Veilstone gym leader and I thought he was the fourth gym.. Wheres the THIRD gym!? Am I missing something!?
    I have Pearl and I owned the that game to an intense amount. But I really dont remember If this is supposed to happen considering I got Pearl the day it came out.. someone help? haha

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Next time you should try posting this in the Generation IV Q&A thread, but Fantina is now the third gym leader. Her badge just goes in the 5th place. I guess nintendo just decided not to put it in the 3rd spot this time. xD

I hope that helped. :)

El Softo

Porygon 2012
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    I'm thinking of starting a game with a different starter, having it traded over from my other game from the beginning. Are there any restrictions when doing that? Like, do I have to beat a gym first or something?

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I'm thinking of starting a game with a different starter, having it traded over from my other game from the beginning. Are there any restrictions when doing that? Like, do I have to beat a gym first or something?
    Before you trade from another game via local wireless, I'm pretty sure you only have to get to the point where you can catch a new pokemon first. For wifi, I think you have to get to Oreburg. Other than that, I don't think there's any restrictions like there were in 3rd gen with eggs and other pokemon not in the pokedex, at least not in pearl where I did it. I'm not sure if Platinum added any restrictions or not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    EV Help

I currently have a level 59 Weavile
    stats are as follows
    Attack 161
    Defense 97
    Sp Atk 84
    Sp Def 126
    Speed 144

I need help raising its Sp Atk stat
    i have tried just killing tons and tons of gastly but it doesnt seem to do much

can anyone give me any advice on training for that EV

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
    I currently have a level 59 Weavile
    stats are as follows
    Attack 161
    Defense 97
    Sp Atk 84
    Sp Def 126
    Speed 144

I need help raising its Sp Atk stat
    i have tried just killing tons and tons of gastly but it doesnt seem to do much

can anyone give me any advice on training for that EV

Are you sure that's its EVs haven't already been maxed out? And you don't get all the stats from EVs right away, they're still proportional to your level.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    yeah they arent maxed out

and im definitely a noob when it comes to ev training, so i can only gain a certain amount per level?

well is there a good place for a level 60 to gain sp atk evs?

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
    yeah they arent maxed out

and im definitely a noob when it comes to ev training, so i can only gain a certain amount per level?

well is there a good place for a level 60 to gain sp atk evs?

You can try surfing for Golduck in the Resort Area. Other than that, I'd hopefully assume you're using an EV training item and also Pokerus

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    yes i am using power lens but i do not have pokerus
    im currently trying to transfer a pokemon from my pearl so i can infect my platinum pokemon

Back